This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Possible Resi 8 reveal? Or maybe a spin off.

Comment

Rumbles are it's something like Outbreak which = pass

Comment

Yeah, has the smell of a spin-off about it. History shows us RE spinoffs are rarely good, but Capcom have been on tremendous form with the series lately...

Comment

Maybe it's a bit insensitive posting this in the "small news thread", but I don't think this news warrant a full thread.
            Alec Holowka, who worked on Night In The Woods, passed away, after the rest of the team cut ties with him after he was accused of sexual assault by Zoe Quinn.

Comment

Yeah, every single part of that entire story sucks.

Comment

Wow, I caught the first part of that story with Zoe Quinn's tweet, but didn't see that the guy is now dead. Nothing good about anything to do with that story.

Comment

Tbh I do not know the full story but in general getting fed up with "allegation" basically ending peoples reputation and careers just based on social media.

I think if someone had been the victim they should go the authorities

Only thing i really know about Zoe Quinn is a kickstarter which has gone silent without it being completed and no updates for a year
                  Last edited by eastyy; 01-09-2019, 20:36.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                    Tbh I do not know the full story
                    Then I’d recommend doing your homework.

Comment

I read some of the recent history on Era and GAF but it's impossible to get an accurate read via the two of them on something like this. They're like binary sides of a coin, Era is very much holding hands and chanting 'burn' in celebration of this guys death in light of the allegations whereas GAF is at time borderline classifying him as a victim of hers citing her as being a fountain for false allegations and suspicion around the timing her allegation, another developers allegation and the synced launch of a Feminine Frequency project.

The complete lack of law authority involvement in these things is the killer though, whatever the case this is high stakes stuff being done over something as fluff and vacuous as social media.

Comment

It’s not remotely impossible. Go to the closest sources. Go to Holowka’s own sister. Go to Scott Benson who worked with him for years. They have all made statements about it. There are better ways to find stuff out than Era or GAF. And honestly, making out like those who believe Quinn on Era are celebrating his death (not really seeing much of that) in the same sentence as trying to rope it into Feminist Frequency and conspiracy theories has an awful stench of Gamergate about it.

It’s an easy read unless you want to turn it into something it’s not.

Edit: I actually went and checked the Era thread and your loaded sentence is a gross misrepresentation of what is being said there. It’s not even close. Your “it’s impossible to get an accurate read” stance is disingenuous, aiming to put forward your own take that doesn’t reflect the reality of the situation but instead reveals your own position.
                        Last edited by Dogg Thang; 02-09-2019, 12:44.

Comment

By now I get that stuff like this is a hot trigger for you DT but what I'm going to do is avoid the inevitable 5 page back and forth - one post and yanking the ejector cord. I know it's not impossible to gather a full and complete understanding of the known information regarding this or any other similar situation, but that wasn't what I wrote. I just made a passing post that had less to do with the ins and outs of what had happened and was more to do with the way discussion came across on two websites that had left things vague. I've just had a search for the thread on Era to find it's 24 pages long now and been locked - why? Because of the toxic nature of the posters so without sitting down and reading all they spout to see what had been posted since I was last in that thread I'm going to assume it wasn't that misrepresentative or if it was it was worse in reality given the mods felt the need to ban further discussion on it due to the content. Same with the linking of FF etc (which was on GAF), I'm not disagreeing it has a bad stench to it - I wasn't stating a personal opinion of that at all, just stating what I'd read there.

It's like I've said on here before, I make no secret that I visit both sites regularly as they're rapid moving sources of news but there's a reason I've never - and never would - sign up for them. The only part relating to any take I'd have myself personally is the last part, that it's a shame that law authorities don't seem to have been the go to and that one I'll happily stand by.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            without sitting down and reading all they spout to see what had been posted since I was last in that thread
                            Okay, I did sit down and read it. As you say, there are a lot of posts there. And if any resembled your claim in any way, they have been removed. I don't have any reason to think that was the case but what is very clear is that they weren't representative of most of what was said there and not representative of the tone of the place if they ended up being removed. So your claim was knowingly misleading and simply not truthful. If anyone else would like to check what you wrote against the thread, it's here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ale...137449/page-24

It's a basic fact check situation here and that failed it. As for it being a "hot trigger" for me, you'll note I haven't assigned any judgement beyond saying the whole thing sucks. Which I believe it does and I'll stand by that.

But sure, I'm with you in avoiding a back and forth. Let's do that.

What I'd write to others who happen upon this thread, however, is go check the closest sources and see what they say if you're curious. It's a very easy thing to do and it's all out there and documented and being reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              her as being a fountain for false allegations and suspicion around the timing her allegation, another developers allegation and the synced launch of a Feminine Frequency project.

The complete lack of law authority involvement in these things is the killer though, whatever the case this is high stakes stuff being done over something as fluff and vacuous as social media.
                              I don't read Era or GAF, but it was pretty simple to follow along from Twitter. The more appropriate context for the whole mess was another person coming forward about their abuse at the hands of another in the game industry, Jeremy Soule, and then other victims taking strength from this to recount their own experiences.

Away from gaming and in a more general sense there are plenty of clear and well-documented reasons why victims of abuse don't always feel comfortable speaking up and/or seeking help from law enforcement. Specifically in relation to Holowka, the abuse was flagged by more than one person, and was not being disputed by either he, or his sister posthumously - who instead came forward with very specific instructions from him that people NOT blame his victims. Naturally, the dregs of gamer culture have done exactly the opposite; focusing their hate on their most convenient target, labelling the accounts as false accusations, and trying to hold a victim to account for the actions of their own abuser. Unsurprising, but totally disgusting.

Concerningly, this is the first place I've seen any suggestion of linkage a "synched launch" of a Feminist Frequency project. That's a particularly disappointing degree of cynicism to see.

Comment

They're the only places I'd read about it at the time but largely that comes from it being fresh news at the time and I'd quit social media years back (and life without it is gooooood). The FF connection was raised by GAF but it's long been the Yin/Yang dynamic the site has had since the Era split, I've literally just hopped onto GAF's discussion thread on this and it's immediately painful to witness. Proud to be solely with BD since 2001

Comment

Working...
                                X