User Tag List

Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 36126134135136
Results 1,351 to 1,356 of 1356
    Watching loved ones suffer. My grandfather was put in a residential home a few years ago when he became too frail and sick for the family to look after, but, despite being very unhappy there, still had his mental faculties and a degree of dignity. Two weeks ago he suffered a stroke which paralysed the left side of his body, rendered him unable to speak and affected his ability to swallow properly - thus eat and drink, and, consequently, is slowly wasting away. He basically coughs and chokes whenever something is put down his throat. What an end, man.

It's funny, when I was younger, I scoffed at people who turn to God in times of despair, of desperation, believing them weak or gullible or stupid, and though it still isn't something I'm likely to do (I believe we all are God) I've come to realise it's not about being gullible or stupid, it's about loving people more than you care about the laws of physics. Why wouldn't you pray for a miracle, for help, when faced with such helpless suffering. Anyway, don't wanna get too heavy, this is a gaming forum after all , but, yeah, there are times when you just can't help. I believe it was Socrates who said death may be the greatest of human blessings. I think he may be right. Sometimes the best thing to do is just die.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    Watching loved ones suffer. My grandfather was put in a residential home a few years ago when he became too frail and sick for the family to look after, but, despite being very unhappy there, still had his mental faculties and a degree of dignity. Two weeks ago he suffered a stroke which paralysed the left side of his body, rendered him unable to speak and affected his ability to swallow properly - thus eat and drink, and, consequently, is slowly wasting away. He basically coughs and chokes whenever something is put down his throat. What an end, man.

It's funny, when I was younger, I scoffed at people who turn to God in times of despair, of desperation, believing them weak or gullible or stupid, and though it still isn't something I'm likely to do (I believe we all are God) I've come to realise it's not about being gullible or stupid, it's about loving people more than you care about the laws of physics. Why wouldn't you pray for a miracle, for help, when faced with such helpless suffering. Anyway, don't wanna get too heavy, this is a gaming forum after all , but, yeah, there are times when you just can't help. I believe it was Socrates who said death may be the greatest of human blessings. I think he may be right. Sometimes the best thing to do is just die.
    That's heavy dude I'm sorry about your grandfather. I hope things improve for him.

Sorry about your GD, ZM. I'm sure a release will come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesr View Post
    Forced Xbone update. I just wanted to watch Netflix for 30 minutes before bed...
    Shame you can't watch it on another device...

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    don't wanna get too heavy, this is a gaming forum after all
    The gaming is just a backdrop, mate.

Sorry your grandfather has to go through that.

Did a search for Jethro Tull, but I got results for this twot instead:

https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/jethro-1

Quote Originally Posted by kryss View Post
    Shame you can't watch it on another device...
    I could use the 360, but that's like watching TV on the wing of a jet engine