No announcement yet.

Mega Drive Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not getting involved in any panic pre-ordering for this (not suggesting that's what anyone here is doing), I'll probably buy one if and when it's freely available ... but I am pleased to see it getting a similar level of attention to Nintendo's mini offerings

Comment

Still seems weird that amazon jp would do the no cancellation thing on preorders I have only seen them do that on figures and even then there was a cut off date where you were no longer able to cancel after it.

Wonder if it was the PlayStation classic that has caused this, once people saw how crap it was people must have cancelled in massive amounts leaving amazon with a pile of stock it is now struggling to shift.

Comment

Comment

So no idea on the entire game library for this system? I find only seven but they seem solid in themselves.

Comment

I'd be amazed if Sonic 1, 3 and Knuckles don't take several slots

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              I'm not getting involved in any panic pre-ordering for this (not suggesting that's what anyone here is doing), I'll probably buy one if and when it's freely available ... but I am pleased to see it getting a similar level of attention to Nintendo's mini offerings
              You know what? I make you spot-on about this.

I find myself not being at all arsed about not copping a pre-order for the JPN unit, and I actually desire a Super Famicom Classic Mini more which I still haven’t picked up yet. And let’s face it, a combo of Mega Sg + Mega EverDrive is probably better bang for buck.

Maybe it’s just down to me having always been more Nintendo-inclined?

I think I’m swaying towards your route and finding myself being more content to just wait until the hype dies down.
              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 04-04-2019, 11:25.

Comment

There is a SEGA DX version that includes a cartridge. It’s pricey though.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  There is a SEGA DX version that includes a cartridge. It’s pricey though.
                  Yup. Totally not worth it. Might as well go the Mega Sg route for that kind of money.

Comment

How come the Jp version is getting the 6-button controller? Is there a 6-button specific game peeps are anticipating? Or is it just a preferred feeling controller? I prefer the big original one in my hands but I wouldn't want to miss out on a game highlight due to a lack of buttons.

Comment

Including the 6 button controller in Japan does seem an odd decision to make for just one market without a specific title needing it and even then you'd leave that game out rather than go through all the costs involved.

I can imagine how the MD Mini could surge Snes Mini sales, the three button controller means that by default it's probably the second weakest option for modders above the NES due to the need to buy an alternative controller.

Comment

And so it starts, the silly fun accessories are coming, a little storage box to sit it on that looks like a megacd. Somewhere to store the cables

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          And so it starts, the silly fun accessories are coming, a little storage box to sit it on that looks like a megacd. Somewhere to store the cables
                          I’m deffo getting that.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The 6B controllers are available separately in Japan. They’ll probably bring them out here too. Comix Zone is the only confirmed game that uses it so far.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I think I’d rather get that Mega SG to be honest

Comment

Yuzo Koshiro is doing the menu music.

Comment

Working...
                                X