User Tag List

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 61697071
    'raise the benefit cap for single mums to 21,000'...

I know a load of single none working mums. I think this idea that they are down trodden is complete horse****. They all go out thursday, friday, saturday getting pissed - It's literally all they do. Why would do they need more money to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    'raise the benefit cap for single mums to 21,000'...

I know a load of single none working mums. I think this idea that they are down trodden is complete horse****. They all go out thursday, friday, saturday getting pissed - It's literally all they do. Why would do they need more money to do that?
    Why bother to even try working. 21k a year is well above the minimum wage. Win win.

Just pop a sprog out and away you go.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Why bother to even try working. 21k a year is well above the minimum wage. Win win.

Just pop a sprog out and away you go.
    It seems to be what everyone is doing these days. I live near a couple my age who've never even worked once. I then have to deal with their nonsense at work; 'I can't work because'... 'I need a letter because'.

I've heard the counter argument that it's 'difficult bringing up a kid' but that's THE EXACT OPPOSITE of what I see - from a ridiculously large sample group, also.

*get benefits
    *Go primark in the day
    *offload kid to mother
    *go out on the piss

The people making these decisions regarding benefits must live in some sort of social 'wow is me' bubble or something.

Let's remember that not all single mothers are like that please.

Quote Originally Posted by kryss View Post
    Let's remember that not all single mothers are like that please.
    They're not but I think the percentage of them that aren't is far smaller than what people are led to believe. I'd say the majority conduct themselves in that way from what I've seen and I'm basing this on a large sample group - not just people I actually know personally.

It was almost taught at my school that the only way to get a house was to get a kid and go to the council.
    I didn't follow that rule, I chose working hard, less play time and spending time and money going to uni which did pretty much nothing.
    Even for a free house I think I'll stick to not having a baby right now!

I don't think I'll ever have a house to call my own which makes me feel very depressed.
    Apart from that and the belief I shouldn't have kids until I can look after one financially, I am very happy in my life, but even though I work 40+ hours a week in skilled work I'll be lucky to ever earn £20k.

I do think (and know) too many people play the benefit system but it is there for a reason. There shouldn't need to be a system but here we are.

Small Irk of the day - 2 little kids who were pretty well behaved 80% of the time, saying "muuUUUUuuum" groan in the same key and pitch for a full 15 minutes whilst we did a check up and emergency filling on Mum. It carried on down the corridor when they left and I had it scarred into my brain for a full hour afterwards.

I thought to get the benefits up to £21k or whatever the cap is currently, you had to work at least 16 hours per week?

Not at all in the way of objecting to the cause or intent but...

The new Bridge Over Troubled Water charity cover.
    Already sick of hearing it. The intention is completely fine but it's just such an almost insultingly bad version. Nails on a chalkboard to the ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    They're not but I think the percentage of them that aren't is far smaller than what people are led to believe. I'd say the majority conduct themselves in that way from what I've seen and I'm basing this on a large sample group - not just people I actually know personally.
    I think the problem single parents face is child care is baring them from work, free child care places alleviate issues with this but its still costs £500-£600 a month per child if you work full time. We struggled with child care with my two as essentially my wife's wage went all to childcare and made working pretty pointless, imagine that situation on one wage.
    Last edited by Lebowski; Yesterday at 03:08 PM.

It's just too hard so Turkey is just doing away with teaching evolution altogether.

http://gizmodo.com/evolution-will-no...1796371752/amp

"Earlier this year, the country’s deputy prime minister, Numan Kurtulmuş, described evolution as being “archaic” and “lacking sufficient evidence"

Your completely right Numan, 6 billion years is no way near enough evidence to make a descision on anything at all. Lets burn all our books on science while we're at it, all a complete waste of time.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; Yesterday at 10:07 PM.