X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Nice! Japanese unit looks classy.

Comment

All this talk of classic arcade racers saw me push the boat out for a long overdue copy of Coast 2 Coast ... and this one is practically brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          All this talk of classic arcade racers saw me push the boat out for a long overdue copy of Coast 2 Coast ... and this one is practically brand new.

If I ever get my own place, I'm buying an Outrun 2 twin seater

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Brings back great memories of buying it back in the day and playing it for hours and hours each evening on Xbox Live.

Not many people played it online, but those that did were usually really good at it. To the point where I hardly ever came 1st, despite being good at it. Some people are scarily amazing at it.

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
            If I ever get my own place, I'm buying an Outrun 2 twin seater

I'd probably buy this version called 'OutRun 2013 HD'.

I just need to win the lottery and buy a huge house.

But if I won the EuroMillions.....
            Last edited by Leon Retro; 14-05-2019, 16:37.

Comment

I decided to bolster my PlayStation collection with two more machines: A CSYNC modded PSone and a 5000 series PlayStation. Both have the Stealth chip to make them multi-region and compatible with burned discs. Both machines(and the controllers) are in great condition.

So I now have a 5000 & 7000 series PlayStation -- and two PSones. Plus loads of controllers(both varieties). I'm not sure if I'll ever buy a PSIO, because there aren't loads of PlayStation games that I want to play.

Also, I grabbed a copy of 'Soul Edge' in mint condition. I have a copy in storage somewhere, but nostalgia for the game compelled me to buy another one.
              Last edited by Leon Retro; 15-05-2019, 16:34.

Comment

Nice! I’m looking forward to not having to handle discs anymore with the PSIO personally. Which I’m sure will lead to a culling of sorts...

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Nice! I’m looking forward to not having to handle discs anymore with the PSIO personally. Which I’m sure will lead to a culling of sorts...
                  I'll probably buy a PSIO or an alternative at some point, but I don't really need to. There really aren't many PS1 games that I enjoy playing. The reason I like to have backup machines is because I know the hardware will probably fail in some way eventually, so it's nice to have a few machines in reserve. It's good that the PS1/PSone is still cheap so I could buy two more machines without worrying about the cost.

I've noticed that some retro machines are still becoming more and more expensive, so I'm glad I started collecting them last decade. There isn't much I still really want/need console wise. I might end up being extravagant and buying a few machines that I don't really need, such as a CD32. Hardware is something I always have a craving for. I might buy a MSX2 at some point.
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 15-05-2019, 23:52.

Comment

I received the GDEMU yesterday and put it in the JP Dreamcast I bought a while back. It's version 5.15b with the metal card slot. It cost a couple of quid more, but I might as well have the latest build.

I installed it and ran Ikaruga(such a beautiful game ). It works perfectly. I really like how you can turn off the splash screens and force VGA.

Now I need to order a 128GB card, because I was just testing it with an old 16GB card.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 17-05-2019, 13:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

I received the GDEMU yesterday and put it in the JP Dreamcast I bought a while back. It's version 5.15b with the metal card slot. It cost a couple of quid more, but I might as well have the latest build.

I installed it and ran Ikaruga(such a beautiful game ). It works perfectly. I really like how you can turn off the splash screen and force VGA.

Now I need to order a 128GB card, because I was just testing it with an old 16GB card.
                      Hope you are getting the best out of the dc and displaying that on a nice crt monitor? ;-)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          Awesome collection of goodies

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                            Awesome collection of goodies
                            Like I told you, I've also got a ZX 128+ (my very 1st gaming system way back in 85) but its needs a lot of work on it cleaning and getting the keyboard working. Hopfully I'll soon be your QL club too

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                              Hope you are getting the best out of the dc and displaying that on a nice crt monitor? ;-)
                              I'm not.

I use a VGA box connected to a HDMI converter. The image looks really nice(well to my eyes) and vibrant. It really is great how attractive the Dreamcast's VGA output is.

I'll use it with the OSSC when I finally get all my stuff sorted out. Now that the OSSC has 'hybrid scanlines' the image it produces looks even better.

@Team Andromeda

That Amstrad(urgh... I mean Spectrum ) looks really nice. I actually bought one of those in 1987 for a cheap price(around £70) and thought it was a nice upgrade over the basic rubber key 48k I also had.

I had that '10 Great Games II' pack for my Amstrad -- it was full of good to great games. Brings back memories of how awesome most of the compilations were for 8-bit computers.

Are you going to use that Master System stick with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

I had that '10 Great Games II' pack for my Amstrad -- it was full of good to great games. Brings back memories of how awesome most of the compilations were for 8-bit computers.

Are you going to use that Master System stick with it?
                                I hate the look of the Amstrad model, but its the best because of the built-in tape deck, scart socket and joypad ports. It's mad, when I think back and how I gave away my ZX Spectrum 128+ spectrum (my 1st gaming system) and a ton of games, for nothing in 91( when I was making room for the Mega Drive). It's bringing back such happy memories playing Gift From the Gods on it. Yes mate, there are some nice games in that Great Games pack, having a lot of fun playing the Spectrum on my days off, with a few cans and yes I'm using the Master system (along with the keyboard) stick from the moment.

I just need to get an Amiga 600 and Philips G7000 (again all given away from nothing) and I'll have pretty much every gaming system I got growing up

Comment

Working...
                                X