X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Just watched it. The redesign is way better.

But the movie still looks utterly terrible and they couldn't pay me to go see it. Well, they could - I'm open to offers. And now the animation quality looks poor compared with most movies and it's no real surprise why - much of it would have been in progress with an earlier character rig and it's not so easy to change design mid-production so I'm willing to bet the animators were put under stupid amounts of pressure to get this out.

Different design, still looks awful and now I feel bad for the no-doubt talented artists who worked on it.
      I wonder if when the BBC eventually show it in a couple of Christmas's time they'll accidentally show the original design version...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        I wonder if when the BBC eventually show it in a couple of Christmas's time they'll accidentally show the original design version...
        I was actually thinking earlier that there is probably someone who is going to get paid to go through that entire movie frame by frame to make sure not a single instance of the original design makes it into the final movie.

Comment

I was actually thinking earlier that there is probably someone who is going to get paid to go through that entire movie frame by frame to make sure not a single instance of the original design makes it into the final movie.
          Easy to fix.

When the film starts, hold A until Sonic appears. When the hex code appears in the corner, press A to cycle the sprites and C to put the right Sonic sprite on the screen.

Comment

I'm really pleased with that joke but, yikes, it's pretty niche!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              I'm really pleased with that joke but, yikes, it's pretty niche!
              Your in the right place for that kind of thing, don't worry.

Comment

I didn't mind the vibe of the 1st trailer and the new CGI in the 2nd one looks amazing and also love the look of Green Hill Zone from the film.
                Me and 2 of the girls from work, can't wait to watch it. It looks fun, its SEGA & Sonic and also the SEGA logo in the film is class.

Comment

That new trailer is a vast improvement. Pity they can’t do anything about the gurning Robotnik.

Comment

Paramount’s film adaptation of classic Sega videogame “Sonic the Hedgehog” is headed for a $41-47 million opening over the four-day President’s Day holiday next month. Paramount pushed the estimated $95 million production from November 8th to February 14th to fix the film’s VFX and Sonic’s appearance following numerous complaints in the wake of the first […]

The film is on course for a domestic opening of $41-47m which is pretty solid given the budget of $95m. This is the first film ever my 4 year old has pre-empted wanting to see at the cinema.

Comment

I don't ever like to disparage the work of artists, especially pixel artists. Well, in this case I'm okay because clearly no pixel artists were available to work on this travesty. Cue Asura and his annoying image.

Comment

Cue Asura and his annoying image.
                        Well I'm not gonna post it noooooowww.

Comment

Haha good lord. What a song. What a video. This film is really going to be something.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Well I'm not gonna post it noooooowww.
                            DO IT!!!

Comment

Which image? curious now!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                                Which image? curious now!
                                Go back two pages!

Comment

Working...