No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones / House of Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon being a Targaryen was hugely important. It split the Starks away from Daenerys and provided a focus for the ‘there’s a better alternative’ faction. Even to the point where her own advisors were aware of his superior claim and suitability. As things panned out, his actions meant he couldn’t be king. But that didn’t matter. That was the point of Tyrion’s speech. Bloodlines should not dictate rule. It’s an analogy of sorts of the Cromwellian revolution. The moment when rulers were decided by suitability from an upper class, rather than birthright. Jon would represent a backwards step.

I thought it was a good ending. Bran being a psychic didn’t mean that he knew the means by which characters would end at their fates - just the ends. That’s how I interpreted it anyway.

Comment

The Starks were already split away from Daenerys. Daenerys would still have killed all the women and children. Jon would still have killed Daenerys. Bran would still have become King.

Comment

Jon being a Targaryen legitimised the spilt. They would be following the ‘rightful heir’. Cause and effect dictate that their rejection of Daenerys - and Jon’s - was a direct contributory factor to tipping her over the edge. As was his revelation to her.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          They were - it wasn't HBO's decision to make the series shorter: https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...was-a-mistake/
          Yep, they needed it to end so they can take up their new $bn deal with the mouse. Although already a change.org petition to take them off lol.

Think I've already moved on. Kind of indifferent and glad it's over in a way. Fair play to r/freefolk for pretty much being spot on with the final season. 11-months ago they had the whole thing laid out pretty much.

Comment

so that was it then? What a waste. There was at least two more seasons in this.

Comment

The laugh is, other shows change showrunners all the time so if HBO was willing to stump the cash then there's no reason it needed to be hurried across the line just so the current runners could bank cash from Disney.

Comment

It is what it is, disappointed in the short series and as most say it should have run on for at least another to proper flesh it out.

The right people died and lived, but as most i do feel it was "Revenge of the Sith, Penny Dreadful" shoehorn it in in the final 10 min type feel to it.

Comment

One thing though for me, 6 episodes or 60 - they were never going to sell me on Bran. Such a poor option and not so unearned.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    The laugh is, other shows change showrunners all the time so if HBO was willing to stump the cash then there's no reason it needed to be hurried across the line just so the current runners could bank cash from Disney.
                    I'd guess that it's a combination of things so D & D.B taking some of their team with them onto Star Wars, increasing costs of more CGI/SFX, increasing cost and availability of cast (i.e. Sophie Turner in demand etc.). I imagine doing a new GOT show is much easier in many ways. Looking back I feel the show probably wasted time in earlier seasons rather than needing more time.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                      I feel the show probably wasted time in earlier seasons rather than needing more time.
                      I'm not a GOT watcher, although I'm watching these reactions with interest, but this strikes a chord because there was a time I thought I would dive into the show. But whatever season(s) it was on, everyone was complaining about how it was too slow, was treading water and was going nowhere. That seems to have changed because it's years since I have heard that complaint but, yeah, what you write matches my memory of what people were saying.

But pacing is a pretty organic process in television and it's exceptionally hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        One thing though for me, 6 episodes or 60 - they were never going to sell me on Bran. Such a poor option and not so unearned.
                        "Why do you think I came all this way?"

Dick.

Comment

Bran: "Why do you think I came all this way?"
                          Sansa: "Sure, it's not like he can get it up anymore and make kids"

SANSA REDEEMED!

Comment

I think its down to HBO at the end of the day if they wanted more episodes they should of stuck to that, if Wiess and Benioff wanted that Star Wars money they should of handed over the reins rather than rush, they could of easily set things up for a final season and handed over the reins. HBO could of easily brought in some big guns to finish of the final season its not as if money would be an issue.

Time would have solved all the rushed plots too like how did such a massive fleet of ships get built seemingly overnight, how did they build so many Balista and forge a massive amount of steel arrows overnight(there essentialy throwing the equivalent of 20 swords worth of steel everytime they fire one of them things). Finally How where people moving about Westoros so quickly?

with more time they could of spent this season on the Night king and given him more than one night of fighting, a massive battle followed by a siege with the dead focused around psychological warfare, show the night king tormenting and teasing them in a cruel and cold conquest to erase the living and give him the development he deserved and build him up so when he dose die its a real pay off.

Then focus the final season on how Danny built her army's back up and took the throne, its been made fun of that her army keeps re-spawning but in reality Danny had left a number of her forces, in the places she conquered arround westeros. A slow march to Kings landing with time to show that when Dannys not freeing people from Slave Masters then you don't get unquestioning loyalty. Spend time showing her growing more detached, and have multiple events where she makes some very grey area choices and how her vindictive nature comes out when shes not adored.
                            Last edited by Lebowski; 21-05-2019, 16:25.

Comment

I loved the final episode.

I liked that

the dragon understood why Jon did what he did.

Also:

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                                I loved the final episode.

I liked that

the dragon understood why Jon did what he did.

Also:

I bet you love Adam Sandler James Corden too.
                                Last edited by Zaki; 21-05-2019, 13:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X