No announcement yet.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water and snow are the best I can remember seeing. And the clothing textures. I hung about in town just to watch the wet muddy road dry out in the sun. Attention to detail is insane.

Comment

I have been playing for about 5/6 hours and it sounds weird but i cant decide if i like it or not. It looks absolutely stunning, im running base PS4 version and man it looks amazing, no denying that. Im enjoying the characters and the story missions i have done so far but its just not quite clicking yet. I dont know about anyone else but im finding the character movement so slow and clunky, and if im brutally honest its not enjoyable, it feels like im moving/running in treacle, i dont remember GTAV being like this. Its been a while since i played RDR1 but i dont remember it being as frustrating as im finding RDR2.

As much as i admire and appreciate the lengths Rockstar have gone to in trying to create a fully immersive game, it borders on being tedious. Skinning for example, yes it looks great the first couple of times but after a while its just damn annoying, takes to long. Also the fact you have to then carry the pelt and physically place it on the horse, like i say great, its immersive but after while it again becomes juts annoying. I think one issue is i have been playing Assassins Creed Odyssey for the past few weeks and that in comparison, at least in terms of character movement is just so silky smooth and i have found the whole game really enjoyable, i know they are different types of game but still.

Im really torn on this because it sound like all negatives but when its good its just bloody amazing and for the most part im having fun i guess and im going to persist with it but i i have to ask myself if it wasnt the fact its RDR2 would i bother?

Comment

This just isn’t grabbing me. That and the obvious fact that pc gaming has ruined 30fps gaming for me.
        Selling and waiting for the pc version. I’m a little disappointed, but I think waiting is a better option.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
          This just isn’t grabbing me.
          I know right? This opening is tedious, I just want to get out and explore the world.

Plus I hate snow, even when it's this well rendered.

I really wish there was a 1080P60 option on the Xbox One X, as nice as the 4K looks. It doesn't feel too clunky at 30 fps so at least the framerate is reasonably consistent.
          Last edited by MartyG; 28-10-2018, 06:18.

Comment

I thought chapter 1 was superb. Linear, but felt like a western film. I am enjoying the pace, which ramps up twice during the slow start anyhow.

There are many hours of exploration ahead!

Out of curiosity, does the game let you just wander off to explore? Anyone tried it?

Comment

Worth every bit of the 8 year wait this game. No bull, no “please buy our expansions before the games even released” or typical corporate slime so prevelant these days.

Only. Here’s an amazing experience, please go play, enjoy.

I will Rockstar, thanks very much 😊.

Comment

This is very very impressive. I feel like I am in a western! The open world is so rich and full of things to do. The game is also totally overwhelming! The controls are hard to grasp, crafting, hunting, what to do... it has all the hallmarks of a “semi-rpg” action game with enjoyable learning curve. It also a slow paced game. I find the whole riding and exploring very relaxing, but this game will use hours of your life on the transport sections alone! I do also have to mention the 4K experience, I am waiting from a higher end screen, but on a 2017 4k lcd with HDR the visuals (particularly lighting) on X are just insane. An open world where every small corner looks like at level of a liner fps game. I was waiting for a game that really took advantage of the extra power of my latest console, and this surely does that! The lighting, shadows and snow deformation in chapter 1 were great fun. The sound too is super impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  No bull, no “please buy our expansions before the games even released” or typical corporate slime so prevelant these days.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                    This is very very impressive. I feel like I am in a western! The open world is so rich and full of things to do. The game is also totally overwhelming! The controls are hard to grasp, crafting, hunting, what to do... it has all the hallmarks of a “semi-rpg” action game with enjoyable learning curve. It also a slow paced game. I find the whole riding and exploring very relaxing, but this game will use hours of your life on the transport sections alone! I do also have to mention the 4K experience, I am waiting from a higher end screen, but on a 2017 4k lcd with HDR the visuals (particularly lighting) on X are just insane. An open world where every small corner looks like at level of a liner fps game. I was waiting for a game that really took advantage of the extra power of my latest console, and this surely does that! The lighting, shadows and snow deformation in chapter 1 were great fun. The sound too is super impressive.
                    I’m taking my time and exploring every nook and cranny, getting to know each area and town before moving on.

I’ve seen something new at every turn, how they have programed it all in even in 8 years is baffling.

Comment

This game is hilariously confusing. I feel like they got overwhelmed making it. Loving it though - I had a 10 hour session yesterday. My eyes hurt by the end.

Comment

Yes, I don't think I will ever understand how the health systems work or the horses being clean etc. Hunting one animal at a time is a little extreme too. There are so many systems and contextual buttons. I accidentally lassooed someone in a town. Didn't realise the consequences.

If you've played a few chapter 2 missions:

The drunk mission is hilariously done!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                          I accidentally lassooed someone in a town. Didn't realise the consequences.
                          Ha ha, excellent! I tried to play last night, but it was late and I was knackered. Hunting deer and I kept nailing the ****ers but not killing them, so they'd run away.

Took me a while in my tired state to wrap my head around getting weapons off the horse and sorting out what I actually needed to equip too.

Will try again tonight.

Comment

Yeah that is weird too. Why can't I carry the weapons at all times? I know it looks weird with all the guns hanging off our character and realism was the choice here but its not necessarily fun to have to manage things to this extent.

Game is amazing though .

Morally the game is well defined. Kill someone's pigs, and that seems fine. Kill a dog? Jeez....

Comment

My mate says he keeps accidentally punching his horse.

I accepted a shooting challenge off a bloke. Won the first round then was challenged to shoot birds and my character refused to shoot his gun. Wouldn’t even raise the rifle. It ended badly after that because I refused to pay up lol.

Comment

I came across a woman who pretended to be trapped under her horse calling for help, when she jumped up to mug me I leaped back then punched her in the face. The npc seemed genuinely shocked I’d done it and just marched off muttering how horrible a person I was.

I just sat there pretty shocked at how emergent and random the moment was.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 28-10-2018, 19:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X