Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Tony Blair can never miss a window for self-promotion during a crisis he's made a speech today against No Deal. His script is out and confirms his argument will be that the public being bored of hearing about Brexit is not a justifiable reason to exit on harmful terms and that MP's and the public need to wake themselves from the myth that leaving on the 31 October is an end to Brexit and is instead the beginning of years more.

Former Tory Nick Boles has said that the Conservatives are already a dead party, saying the hard right have destroyed what remained of the party in their own self interest.

Comment

Gran Borismo Prorogue.

I just thought of that on the toilet. Needs a suitable image.
      Last edited by randombs; 02-09-2019, 23:20.

Comment

Emergency cabinet meeting called as speculation mounts Johnson will call a snap early GE

Comment

[MENTION=3220]endo[/MENTION]: Little known fact, Rebel MC is married to 8-bit home computer game Babarian's cover star Maria Whittaker. Wheel and come again, bad bwoy!

Comment

Haha, great little bit of trivia that!

Comment

Johnson makes his own speech remaining as transparent in his games as he's been the whole time.

Comment

So... Is anyone in the UK stocking up?

I think that much of the stuff we're hearing about food shortages etc. is overblown, though I'm genuinely concerned for those who are dependent on critical medication like insulin. I believe there will be shortages, but I don't believe that we'll run out of anything critical - like in the 2-3 weeks after the date you might struggle to get exactly what you want at the supermarket, but you won't struggle to get what you need.

That being said, the one thing I think might be an issue is fresh fruit. Not because of a shortage; I think there'll be a shortfall but not a major one. Rather, I think people might panic-buy the first moment there's a news report about them running out of something, after seeing the reaction to that KFC fiasco, and that will exacerbate it.

So we've bought a shelf-full of tinned fruit, food and rice etc., just in case. I figured it would be best to be cautious, and it's tinned food; it's not like I've gone all prepper and bought a case of MREs or something. If things are fine we'll just eat it regardless.

Comment

Bought a load of wine.

Comment

Some tins of baked beans and alphabetti-spaghetti probably wouldn't be a bad idea.
                    Funny thing is, I'm stockpiling in reverse; I live in Copenhagen, so have to get my Sarsons vinegar, angel delight and Dairy Milk while there is no import duty!

Comment

I asked the same question today.
                      I'm considering get a few things in, but fresh fruit and veg is an issue, so I've considered starting a veg patch.

I probably won't do either, but it's nuts I'm even thinking about it.

Comment

An advertising campaign urging the public to prepare for Britain's exit from the EU begins.

'Get ready for Brexit' advertising campaign launches

Comment

I have stocked up on Walnut Whips and Pyramints and I’m heading up north to the border to sell them to the NI folks when supplies dwindle and then sell them to people down sount when supplies dwindle there. I can’t lose.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-49545743
                            'Get ready for Brexit' advertising campaign launches
                            LOL, is that your work? It's fantastic.

Comment

I've considered buying dried beans and rice just in case things really go tits up.

If I was on zero hours contracts I'd probably already have them tbh.

Comment

So £100m for brexit info campaign, but only 9m for poor kids lunches.

Comment

Working...
                                X