This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    So apparently the head of the premier league is leaving and the premier league has asked all the clubs to split the cost of a 5m “thank you” for simply doing his job.

THIS is what’s wrong with the country. I mean what f*****g twilight zone have I woken up too.
    Everything about the premier league shouts corruption. This will be the teams way of saying thanks for all the backhand deals made. As soon as multi-Billionaires began buying clubs is when I stopped watching football. Its rotten to the core.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      Everything about the premier league shouts corruption. This will be the teams way of saying thanks for all the backhand deals made. As soon as multi-Billionaires began buying clubs is when I stopped watching football. Its rotten to the core.
      Been rotten to the core the over half a century, took people long enough to catch up to the reality. I don't follow football and will actively shut down anyone that tries to engage in boring football man speak, but couldn't avoid this news this morning.

Makes me want to throw up.

Comment

Marking until 10pm and still not done. I'll be verbally slapping anyone who bitches in class about it.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          Marking until 10pm and still not done. I'll be verbally slapping anyone who bitches in class about it.
          Something along the lines of:

"x = shut the F up!"

Comment

I don't follow football and will actively shut down anyone that tries to engage in boring football man speak
            "Shame about the United result last night?"
            "Do you not find it's the same thing, year-in, year-out and it's just the team with the most money wins?"
            "Well, I normally find..."
            "Do you not find it's the same thing, year-in, year-out and it's just the team with the most money wins?"
            "Not really because..."

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand muted

Comment

Comment

Been rotten to the core the over half a century, took people long enough to catch up to the reality. I don't follow football and will actively shut down anyone that tries to engage in boring football man speak, but couldn't avoid this news this morning.

Makes me want to throw up.
                  I stopped watching a few years ago, the constant diving, time wasting and arguing with the ref. Take that Neymar bloke, earning millions and rolling around due to a change in the wind direction.

Comment

Watches. Specifically, shopping for watches.

I have a particular bugbear with watches; I have a strong dislike for things that are form-over-function. Actually this applies to many things I own.

Like ever since I was a teenager, I would love to get a hi-fi with loads of LEDs and dials and an EQ and what-have-you, but I hated all those ones with fake stickers and which which didn't actually serve any purpose. If I get a simple device, I like it to be kinda minimalist... But I really like stuff that has all the doodads.

With watches, I dislike watches which have a few specific traits - "chronograph"-style watches where the extra dials are just fused (like they're non-functional), watches with a tachymeter bezel (I'm not going to need to calculate my air-speed velocity vs my fuel consumption rate any time soon) or a fused bezel (so it's just an affectation)... That kind of stuff.

Now, I like watches with rotating timing bezels because they do serve a purpose. I may not use it often, but the point is I can use them. Tachymeter ones are different because they're essentially a ring-shaped slide-rule.

Also not that I dislike whimsy. I love this kind of stuff:

Like I wouldn't buy a watch with a heart-rate monitor or a temperature sensor, but I like that such a thing exists!!

It's very much a personal gripe, but it makes it tricky to shop for watches sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Watches. Specifically, shopping for watches.

I have a particular bugbear with watches; I have a strong dislike for things that are form-over-function. Actually this applies to many things I own.

Like ever since I was a teenager, I would love to get a hi-fi with loads of LEDs and dials and an EQ and what-have-you, but I hated all those ones with fake stickers and which which didn't actually serve any purpose. If I get a simple device, I like it to be kinda minimalist... But I really like stuff that has all the doodads.

With watches, I dislike watches which have a few specific traits - "chronograph"-style watches where the extra dials are just fused (like they're non-functional), watches with a tachymeter bezel (I'm not going to need to calculate my air-speed velocity vs my fuel consumption rate any time soon) or a fused bezel (so it's just an affectation)... That kind of stuff.

Now, I like watches with rotating timing bezels because they do serve a purpose. I may not use it often, but the point is I can use them. Tachymeter ones are different because they're essentially a ring-shaped slide-rule.

Also not that I dislike whimsy. I love this kind of stuff:

Like I wouldn't buy a watch with a heart-rate monitor or a temperature sensor, but I like that such a thing exists!!

It's very much a personal gripe, but it makes it tricky to shop for watches sometimes.
                      I always wanted that TV remote watch! I remember the days of making lists from the Argos catalogue of stuff I was never going to be buying...always near the top of my list.

Comment

The BD WhatsApp group.

What a bunch of sad old losers.

Comment

Especially that one guy who keeps messaging at 2am because he lives in Japan. What a doughnut!

Comment

That one above was triggered because I was looking at this watch, until I found the bezel doesn't rotate.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              That one above was triggered because I was looking at this watch, until I found the bezel doesn't rotate.
                              I quite like the Casio Edifice range that aren't form over function but aren't ugly or the price of a house.

Comment

There’s a BD WhatsApp group? 😁

Comment

Working...
                                X