No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated the ODroid Go with the latest Firmware tonight. Very easy process - just copy a file to the SD card to upload to the Odroid Go. Also on the same pages a ROMS artwork pack which just needs to be extracted twice and placed on the Micro SD card (https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=159&t=31348).

Although tearing feels 'less' I would say that it is still prevalent in the NES and SMS emulators. I've also had the machine lock up on Tetris (GBC) twice although this was before updating the FW. Also the ColecoVision emulation feels pointless without keypad emulation in that you can't start a few games without it.

Re: the RPi 3B+ I've been struggling to fit any of 3 128GB images on my 128GB USB stick. Evening reformation that via various methods and resizing the images (only slight decrease on one) it's not happening. 114GB just isn't enough. I came close to ordering an SD card but pondering whether to buy a 128GB mSD card or something bigger i.e. 200GB+

[MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION] would a 128GB Micro SD card provide enough room for most of these 128GB images? It seems like a Sandisk Ultra (around the cheapest) and I think it 118-119GB available space. I can't find info for the 128GB Samsung Evo Plus. Given the Amazon prices on 128GB mSD cards just increased a bit I'm thinking it might make sense to see what's available on Black Friday.

Comment

I don't know - cards seem to be variable from manufacturer to manufacturer. The only way to guarantee it, is to buy the same card type as the image was dumped from. I tend to stick to SanDisk or Samsung cards and the 64GB images I've used have all needed to be shrunk.

Comment

[MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION] OK cheers for the help. I've been trying to install a 64GB image on my 128GB Sandisk Ultra USB 3.0 stick - and even that doesn't work!? Retropie will load but won't access any of the ROMS - like it's expecting them on SD Card or something. My 32GB mSD card image works on the RPi3B+.

I just need to try this working 32GB image on the USB stick. Small mSD card and USB stick is a good configuration if you're building the setup yourself.

Comment

Sounds like the paths have been setup as absolute rather than relative - check the paths in the config.

Comment

[MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION] - ta for the tip. Just to add to the confusion I burnt the 32GB image to the USB stick and it works but won't allow me to correctly configure the 8BitDo SF30 Pro - triggers can't be configured. And upon trying R-Type the controller doesn't even work. So sod it I'm giving up! Probably just a config issue with the USB stick but an mSD card is the way to go I think. USB sticks are useful so I'll use this for data transfer duties or something.

Comment

As a follow up, purchased a Sandisk Ultra 128GB card from Amazon (£22.49) and the card came with 119GB free. So enough space for the particular build I was looking to run.

Comment

More SBCs based on the Rockchip RK3399

Next Generation, Single Board Computer Family with Outstanding Performance for AI and Deep-learning. | Check out 'Khadas Edge, RK3399Pro Hackable & Expandable SBC' on Indiegogo.

Not a big fan of Indegogo mind, so I'm unlikely to pledge any money for this.

Comment

http://retroflag.com/MEGAPi-CASE-M.html

Comment

That is ****ing awesome, I’m having that!

EDIT: Only UK stockist I can find is an Amazon seller, but no delivery until just before Christmas.
                    Last edited by Colin; 15-11-2018, 07:14.

Comment

New Raspberry Pi released today: https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/new...-pi-3-model-a/

It's the Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+, same processor as the B3+ but loses the Ethernet port (retains wifi) and 3 of the USB2.0 ports. Slightly cheaper, so it you don't need the Ethernet, this'll make a nice filler between the Zero W and 3B+.

I've ordered mine already

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        That is ****ing awesome, I’m having that!

EDIT: Only UK stockist I can find is an Amazon seller, but no delivery until just before Christmas.
                        It didn't take long for the PiHut to get the NES and SNES RetroFlag cases in and I think they were the official outlet for the UK. That's where I'd be looking.

[MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION] nice. For a minute I panicked and thought it was a new more powerful model.

Comment

Think I’ll get one of these new models just to tinker with, seems as good a time as any!

Comment

Nice case but I'm sticking with the metal Flirc ones I have.

Comment

I guess someone here may know the answer to this. I’ve seen people use the GPIO on these to flash small eeproms (like installing coreboot on an older ThinkPad). Was just wondering if I might be able to use it to dump and flash eeproms from the likes of Neo Geo or SNES cartridges. Cheers!

Comment

I've got the Super Famicom version from Retroflag and it's amazing, really well built and the soft shutdown and reset buttons are great. Even the pad that is comes with is good. Gonna pick one of these up too.
                                Last edited by Jamie; 15-11-2018, 13:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X