Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s working. They keep doing it because it’s working for them and they are getting away with it. It would be interesting to know what it would take now to stop this because it seems to me like this will just continue unless something very drastic happens.

Comment

NSFW
      Last edited by charlesr; 21-11-2019, 20:33.

Comment

I love that, a nice reminder for them that the internet bites back

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Sounds about right. There was a book written by some german guy, I forget his name...anyway maybe they can get some pointers from it.

Comment

Labour pledge to rip up the outdated parts of Abortion Law

Comment

The Brexit Party policies are hilarious, particularly the open admittance they aren't seeking power - the desperate beg for the public to allow at least a couple of area wins - most spectacularly the commitment to referendums on any matter more than 5m people support thereby legitimately being in support of a second referendum on the EU... and a third... and a fourth.. and a... utter joke.

Comment

They set up a little trestle table in town the other day, it was a sad little affair with two miserable looking guys who looked a bit like the player character on the Spectrum game "Dartz".

Comment

This thing with the bloke on TV shouting that he's NOT in the top 5% of earners when he earns £80k is hilarious

Comment

The labour manifesto sounds like a utopia for young people with no house and little reason to believe they will ever afford one. Second houses should never have been a thing. I know a teacher with 9 houses, all bought in the 90s. A TEACHER! Scrapping tuition fees and improving public transport too? It's like 2004 Lib Dem!!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                      I know a teacher with 9 houses, all bought in the 90s. A TEACHER!

Curious, is this actually a joke, or is it serious?

Comment

Serious. The combined cost of them is probably the same as my single 3 bedroom semi bought last year, mind. At the time he probably didnt expect prices to increase quite so much. His foresight will provide a lovely retirement for himself.

He isn't the only one. I know a few colleagues with 2 or 3 properties that they rent out and profit off every month.

Comment

Yeah I work with a few people who have a 'portfolio' of properties they rent. They are all Boomer generation and bought them in the 90s. Hording houses like Smaug.

Comment

Another example of the BBC state television making Boris look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              Yeah I work with a few people who have a 'portfolio' of properties they rent. They are all Boomer generation and bought them in the 90s. Hording houses like Smaug.
                              Probably best I sidestep this thread for a bit I get really militant about this whole topic.

Comment

I've got some ideas about it.
                                No person or persons can own more than 2 houses. If you want to own between 3 & 8 to rent, you must set up a business account which takes 1% of the annual income from each property (so a total of 8%) and puts it in to a housing fund for new starters. If you are found to be in beach of the rules you must sell ALL your properties for a value of no more than £1 each to a new homeowner.
                                RULE WITH AN IRON FIST!

(to be taken somewhat with a pinch of salt...)

Comment

Working...
                                X