Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a bit of a pain, but I have a secondary email I chuck at stuff like this, as I’d wager most do. I’m probably a bit over sensitive to the incredibly anger-prone gaming community due to reading too many comment threads.

Comment

The bigger issue is why the hell in 2019 would anyone want to play the original doom it's archaeic & quite frankly crap. Historically it's important but it's aged poorly it's clunky and dull as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        All you need is a password and email to log into Bethesda, no more than what any gaming forum asks.

I also love the irony of people using various internet work around to get classic Doom to work on modern PCs, that's so overlook how Doom helped to pioneer the internet with shareware and death match
        Much more than what a gaming forum asks. You are providing them with some level of access to your Facebook data and probably data The Harry Potter game publisher collects goes back to Facebook as part of the agreement. If you don’t mind that then go ahead.
        Last edited by Brad; 28-07-2019, 12:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Much more than what a gaming forum asks. You are providing them with some level of access to your Facebook data and probably data The Harry Potter game publisher collects goes back to Facebook as part of the agreement. If you don’t mind that then go ahead.
          That's for Harry, not Doom . Anyone who uses a smart phone leaves themselfs open to data hosting

Comment

I was talking about me not playing the Harry Potter game due to it requiring a Facebook login. You commented that I was happy to login to here. Try to keep up mate.

Comment

I got completely confused as we are all talking about 2 things now lol.

Yes, Bethesda login is no different to signing in here really. It’s just not usual for video games.

Harry Potter thing is one more level of privacy intrusion.

Comment

I got completely confused as we are all talking about 2 things now lol.

Yes, Bethesda login is no different to signing in here really. It’s just not usual for video games.

Harry Potter thing is one more level of privacy intrusion.
                Any mobile phone game is the devil IMo

Comment

I was talking about me not playing the Harry Potter game due to it requiring a Facebook login. You commented that I was happy to login to here. Try to keep up mate.
                  I was taking about, how all Bethesda asked is you , is too log In via a password and email , no different from a gaming forum ... Try to read what people say mate ...

Comment

all Bethesda asked is you , is too log In via a password and email
                    The only reason they're asking for this is to data mine you and spam you with crap. It's funny that the Harry Potter game would get mixed up in the conversation because the only other platform this kind of **** happens is on mobile gaming.
                    It's Bethesda testing the water to see what they can start implementing to grab you by the balls. It's a ****ty slippery slope.
                    I could be wrong of course. Maybe Bethesda are just asking for this to be friends with people.
                    Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 28-07-2019, 15:34.

Comment

LOL, All Bethesda asked is to log in via an email...

Comment

LOL, All Bethesda asked is to log in via an email...
                        All I'm asking is why?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          All I'm asking is why?
                          To make money

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            The only reason they're asking for this is to data mine you and spam you with crap. It's funny that the Harry Potter game would get mixed up in the conversation because the only other platform this kind of **** happens is on mobile gaming.
                            It's Bethesda testing the water to see what they can start implementing to grab you by the balls. It's a ****ty slippery slope.
                            I could be wrong of course. Maybe Bethesda are just asking for this to be friends with people.
                            Like Harry potter doesn't make money . You have to log In once with just an email and password... Big deal

Comment

Like Harry potter doesn't make money . You have to log In once with just an email and password... Big deal
                              You've convinced me. I'm wrong to question such things. I long for the day all games require an email address and password.

Comment

Don't mean to do your nut in, but you have to log in once and that's it. I really don't get the outcry , I'm asked to log in to play Resident Evil 7 and lots of Games , is it such a big deal .

Comment

Working...
                                X