No announcement yet.

The Derelict World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's an abandoned little village near Meanwood, Leeds. I've never been and I bet it's so famous online it's been totally blocked off now but it was splendidly eerie.

LGI A Floor as well, old skool creepy corridors.

Comment

C Floor as well.

Comment

Sunken Yacht, Antarctica

Abkhazia Train Station

Comment

The Italian abandoned Mill is like an Uncharted level!

Famagusta, now a Ghost Town after the Turkish invasion in 1974 in Cyprus:

Comment

The Atlantic, The Atlantic Magazine, TheAtlantic.com, Atlantic, news, opinion, breaking news, analysis, commentary, business, politics, culture, international, science, technology, national and life

"This year marks four decades since the Cyprus National Guard staged a coup that led to Turkish military intervention and escalated the civil war between the Greek and Turkish communities on the island. After the ceasefire, a heavily restricted buffer zone, controlled by the United Nations, was established between the north and south. It stretches 180 km (112 mi) across the whole island measuring 7.4 km (4.6 mi) at its widest and 3.3 m (11 ft) at its narrowest point. The demilitarized zone is restricted to the general public and no Greek or Turkish Cypriots are allowed inside. Reuters photographer Neil Hall recently visited the buffer zone, which still contains crumbling relics of times gone by - abandoned houses, businesses, and even an airport - crumbling snapshots of Cyprus in 1974."

The airport looks like something out of Left 4 Dead!

Comment

Yeah I've been to the UN controlled area and you can see car showrooms with cars still in them!

Comment

Paranapaicaba, Brazil - Abandoned British Rail Station

Comment

Not quite the same, but did you see all those abandoned supercars in Dubai when the financial bubble burst and people ran home?

Comment

I fell in love with the XJ220 because of the Amiga game. Makes me sad to see one in such a state.

Comment

I saw it as a kid at the NEC Car Show and I was amazed at how beautiful it was and how different it was to other Jags.
                      Still stands out to this day.

Comment

Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch

Then:

Later:

Comment

That's kind of sad to see the Neverland Ranch like that. I quite liked the madness of it. Shame it couldn't have been preserved somehow.

Comment

It just seemed to get lost in the troublesome years and after his death. A shame as it always seemed a nuts idea but if I had squillions of quid I'd probably build my own private Disneyland too. Reportedly the theme part aspects are all gone now, the Disney style train station housing is still there but not used and the Ranch home has been renovated but they can't find a buyer.

Comment

Probably my new fave thread of all. Been watching lots of subterranean exploration vids, am amazed by what's underground, recently found myself watching Night Scape's vid under Manchester, I wonder what treats lie beneath Leeds, there is deffo a tunnel network beneath the hospital where I work, I have explored some of it in older, less secure times when doors were often carelessly left open. I have heard many rumours of the tunnels stretching very, very far but god knows, it's all mysterious fun, innit.

Comment

I wish I'd done the Manchester underground tour back when it was running, it's always fascinating for anywhere when they uncover stuff like this. I can get them deciding they don't need somewhere anymore and replacing it but the idea of just locking the gates one day and leaving it intact for decades seems bizarre and staggeringly wasteful.

Rediscovered a link to the Guardian about the abandoned City Hall Underground station in New York and plans to try and open it up to tourists again, it looks so ornate it's bewildering it's been disused so long having been shut since 1945:

London is supposed to have around 40 abandoned tube stations.

Comment

Working...
                                X