No announcement yet.

The Derelict World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like they did all their homework on the operating costs and maximum clientele potential to make it work. That was sarcasm.

Comment

"This eerie and beautiful abandoned village in Canada has just gone up for sale" https://twitter.com/i/events/1499719...tX4twdDZA&s=09

Comment

Yesterday are showing a series at 7pm called "Abandoned Engineering" and I caught an episode last night, which was pretty interesting.
        A look at some of the greatest engineering projects that have now been abandoned.

The first half was about an island used by the Japanese in WWII and still has a series of tunnels running through it.

The second half was about an island off Sicily called Asinara that housed left-wing terrorists, then Mafia bosses.

Comment

Comment

Comment

The UK was once dotted with structures designed to survive nuclear conflict, from sprawling government complexes to tiny underground observation posts. How many are still in use – and what are your chances of getting a place if you need one?

‘When you hear the four-minute warning’ … Whatever happened to Britain’s nuclear bunkers?

The UK was once dotted with structures designed to survive nuclear conflict, from sprawling government complexes to tiny underground observation posts. How many are still in use – and what are your chances of getting a place if you need one?

Inside the Burlington bunker at Corsham in Wiltshire. Photograph: Jesse Alexander/Alamy

Comment

I'd be willing to bet most of them couldn't actually withstand a blast

"Get behind the sofa!"

Comment

I've mentioned it before, but the "Secret Nuclear Bunker" in Scotland is all japes when it's signposted and the secret entrance is like something from spy-sci-fi movie, then the reality of the effects of a nuclear war are laid out and to top it off, they were showing "Threads". Walked out informed but depressed.

As you say, "When The Wind Blows" is also peak depressive bait. "Ooh, the guy who did The Snowman and Father Christmas! This should be whimsically nice!"

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    and to top it off, they were showing "Threads".
                    did you sign up for a year of Disney+ the same day?

Comment

Thanks I enjoyed that! How much of an arse is that Parrish guy?!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Thanks I enjoyed that! How much of an arse is that Parrish guy?!
                        It does sound a bit like the premise of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, with his bunker of nubile 25-year-olds!

Comment

I love that he is charging people £500k per spot in there in case of nuclear apocalypse.

Comment

Passed here countless times and never had a clue this was lying behind the treeline

Comment

Crikey didn't know about that, am fairly sure I used to go to a 'computer club' at a pub not too far away on Thursday nights during the Amiga/ST era.

Comment

Working...
                              X