No announcement yet.

Playstation Classic announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if they did that they would stick to their memory cards instead of micro SD and kill it that way!

Ah well, there are other ways to play these games.

Comment

They’ll still sell loads. Just not to the likes of us.

Comment

They might sell loads but the people buying won’t be holding onto them. The second hand market will be packed with these things as once people actually play it the novelty will wear off mega fast as the games have not been presented nicely. No filters no crt scanlines just a pixelated jaggy mess in glorious hd. A shame really as Sony could have made something special but they went down the cash grab route and did the bare minimum hoping for Nintendo classic like sales, not even remotely in the same league as the Nintendo ones. Just hoping sega don’t screw up their proper attempt.

Comment

I assume I can stick the HDMI into my XRGB mini, where I can mess about with scanlines on the thing , lazy Sony so I have to do my own work for what should be included in a retro machine , Surely

Comment

That sounds like one of my nightmares.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
              I assume I can stick the HDMI into my XRGB mini, where I can mess about with scanlines on the thing , lazy Sony so I have to do my own work for what should be included in a retro machine , Surely
              Won't work. The FM will only apply scanlines if the source fed to it is lower than what it spits out. Fairly sure scanlines don't work at all over HDMI.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                Won't work. The FM will only apply scanlines if the source fed to it is lower than what it spits out. Fairly sure scanlines don't work at all over HDMI.
                They actually do. For Hdmi you can choose direct on or off. Direct is just a pass through but off allows you to add scanlines, mess with the aspec ratio, colours and whatever. I run my emulation PC at 720p and can output that with lovely scanlines over hdmi. Could do in 1080p also but scanlines look funky in 1080p.

Comment

Iiiinteresting I thought you couldn’t do it either so I never bothered hooking anything with hdmi, looks like I shall be experimenting hehe. That’s good to know mr Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    They actually do. For Hdmi you can choose direct on or off. Direct is just a pass through but off allows you to add scanlines, mess with the aspec ratio, colours and whatever. I run my emulation PC at 720p and can output that with lovely scanlines over hdmi. Could do in 1080p also but scanlines look funky in 1080p.
                    Really? ****. When I tried with my 360 at 720p scanlines did nothing. I assume the hdmi in has to be less than 720p?

Comment

DF Retro have their video up and it's a good in-depth review as you'd expect:
                      This could - and should - have been a lot better. DF Retro Hardware returns with a deep dive analysis into the PlayStation Classic, its games and the quality...

It's sad to see R4 running and sounding so bad but on the plus side it did remind me to try out one of those PSX emulators that get rid of the texture warping.

Comment

Well that's unfortunate but not really unexpected at this stage. A huge missed opportunity.

Comment

Sort of wish I didn t now, but I have it coming today, I will open it and try it with the XRGB mini to see what results I can get.

if it’s still rubbish I will send it back I think , or just keep it as part of my mini collection maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                            if it’s still rubbish I will send it back I think , or just keep it as part of my mini collection maybe.
                            I'll be looking for if they appear heavily discounted for this reason after Christmas; also waiting to hear how hackable they are.

Comment

The DF video highlights how much of a solid gold turd this thing is. Even if it was hackable (which doesn’t seem entirely likely as it appears to be a custom Sony PCB inside - even looks the same as an old PS) the games would still run like turd. Disappointing.

Honestly think you’re high if you think putting this through a FM is a good idea.
                              Last edited by speedlolita; 03-12-2018, 09:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                                DF Retro have their video up and it's a good in-depth review as you'd expect:
                                This could - and should - have been a lot better. DF Retro Hardware returns with a deep dive analysis into the PlayStation Classic, its games and the quality...

It's sad to see R4 running and sounding so bad but on the plus side it did remind me to try out one of those PSX emulators that get rid of the texture warping.
                                Come on dude, embed the bloody video in your post - it isn't difficult!

Comment

Working...
                                X