Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing Rage but finding terrain layouts to be quite... rage inducing.

Having to find a way to power an electric gate for example when there are 2ft walls to both sides of it that you can't jump over is just poor level design.

It's an ugly game that follows a lot of last gen trends unfortunately.

Comment

As my wife was at a work Christmas party last night I thought I'd squeeze in a wee gaming night. Started off with trying out the free PS+ games for last month. Stuck bullet storm on first, and to be honest I just couldn't be arsed with it and deleted it after half an hour. Next up was Yakuza Kiwami. I'm pretty sure this will surprise no one who knows anything about me playing games, but I found this to be an utter pile of tedious crap. I lasted an hour but just couldn't go any further with it. Luckily by this point my Amazon order turned up (At 6pm on a Saturday night!?!?) which included the latest Tomb Raider. Absolutely gorgeous game and I put three or four hours in to it. I reached a bit that was just incredibly frustrating but it was time to go and collect my wife from her party so it timed out well! I need to leave to drive down to work in a few hours so I think this week I'll take the PS4 with me and play this in the hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
        Decided to start with BF1 for now.

Wowzers, it's pretty darn decent.
        The campaign? I found it very dissappointing. Such a low degree of realism after the intro. Glad it was free with Gold. TF2 campaign is amazing though. Recommend starting on hard difficulty.

Been playing God of War and Astro Bot this week. Taking a break from FF XV after burning myself out on pointless side quests. Also got Okami HD on hold right now, but I'm nearing the end. I'm not bored of it or anything, I just don't want it to end!
        Last edited by Nico87; 02-12-2018, 10:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          I'll take the PS4 with me and play this in the hotel.
          Call your hotel and see if they have the HDMI ports enabled first though, Lodgenet movie systems required contracted hotels to have disabled them so they have the entertainment monopoly.

Comment

Thankfully I just tried it and it's fine.

Comment

Started Ace Combat: Assault Horizon and it's been pretty fun so far. Cutscenes are dull but the combat is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                Call your hotel and see if they have the HDMI ports enabled first though, Lodgenet movie systems required contracted hotels to have disabled them so they have the entertainment monopoly.
                Crikey, I'd never considered that.

I don't care about holidays but when I go to the US for work I hook my laptop up to the TV for Netflix and RetroArch.

Comment

It might just be Marriott/Starwood hotels.

Comment

The one I stayed at for work is a 'Courtyard by Marriott' but HDMI worked no problem.

I was just reading about them blocking wi-fi hotspots, too

Comment

I have been playing LA Noire on Switch. I’m really enjoying it, although I feel the game almost reached for too much. It could have been a tighter game. The facial animation is still stunning now and some of the best I’ve ever seen, but also serves to highlight the janky body animations. Only really getting into it but, yeah, really liking it so far.

Comment

Fire Pro on the ps4, down to £27 from £45. Did a quick match, then spent hours editing promotions and downloading edits, along with a couple of OC wrestlers which I've put in every wrestling game since emulating FPWPX on my pc in the late 90s.

Still playing MH world when new events pop up and H1Z1.

Comment

Hunting trophies on Assassin's Creed odyssey, Black ops 4 and Battlefield V

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            As my wife was at a work Christmas party last night I thought I'd squeeze in a wee gaming night. Started off with trying out the free PS+ games for last month. Stuck bullet storm on first, and to be honest I just couldn't be arsed with it and deleted it after half an hour. Next up was Yakuza Kiwami. I'm pretty sure this will surprise no one who knows anything about me playing games, but I found this to be an utter pile of tedious crap. I lasted an hour but just couldn't go any further with it. Luckily by this point my Amazon order turned up (At 6pm on a Saturday night!?!?) which included the latest Tomb Raider. Absolutely gorgeous game and I put three or four hours in to it. I reached a bit that was just incredibly frustrating but it was time to go and collect my wife from her party so it timed out well! I need to leave to drive down to work in a few hours so I think this week I'll take the PS4 with me and play this in the hotel.
                            Flick cigarette end at ikobo, and then bash him over head with giant traffic cone.

Comment

Finished Halo 4 last night and also gave Tetris The Grand Master Ace a go. It’s an arcade style Tetris so it ramps up the speed quickly. But oddly it is controlled with the left thumb stick rather than the d-pad.

Comment

GT Sport. I bought it for the VR but I've been drawn into the game proper. The presentation just oozes a love of cars like no other game and I'd forgotten how well the GT games do that. It's not just about the driving ... it's a car-feel-good experience. The driving is great though, thanks in no small part to modern console grunt providing brilliant in-car viewpoints, putting you right there in the driving seat. It's been a long time since I lost time to a Gran Truismo game (haven't bought one since the PS2 days). Maybe that's why I'm ready to jump back in.

Comment

Working...
                                X