No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2: REmake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The extra scenarios will be available as additional DLC with optional costume packs to change Tofus hat or ammo packs for Hunk.

Comment

Knowing capcom I expect each weapons clip & first aid spray to cost real cash.

Comment

I doubt RE1 will get this treatment but RE3 seems likely even if I imagine it'd need more work because the base game is less ambitious.

For me though, the dream would be seeing this treatment being given to Code: Veronica

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          I doubt RE1 will get this treatment but RE3 seems likely even if I imagine it'd need more work because the base game is less ambitious.
          RE3 shares many locations with 2 which could make it more cost-effective than remaking 1 again or Code Veronica. And the coding for Mr Big would no doubt cross over with the Nemesis. Feels like the groundwork for 3 could be in place once 2 is done.

Comment

That'd be cool then as a quick 2020 follow up, I only went through RE3 once but I enjoyed it plenty enough

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              Oh no!
              What’s that supposed to mean?

I don’t care personally, RE2 is one of my favourite ever games, and the fact they look to have completely remade it in third person and not ballsed it up like I originally worried, makes me supremely excited!
              Last edited by MrKirov; 10-01-2019, 16:11.

Comment

Also, the new trailer shown at the end of the demo show Hunk and Tofu for the first time..!!

Tofu with his little beret and flashlight wombling through deep water made me chuckle.

Comment

Not touching the demo. Waiting until release to enjoy this.

Comment

I think Resi 3 is the one I played the least. I remember a clock puzzle in a mansion and the nuke at the end and that's about it.
                    Hyped for this. Think I'll play it on the VR headset just for the extra immersion.

Comment

RE2 is iconic (it melded the more actioned-orientated setting with horror extremely well). It built on RE1 in great ways and its no wonder it sold so well.

I'd like to think that like the RE1 remake this is receiving the right level of respect from Capcom. No cheap-ass HD remaster garbage. A God honest remake and I hope it lives up to the original's legacy.

If this sells well I reckon Capcom will definitely consider greenlighting a remake of RE3 (that could be even more daunting with Nemesis bursting through doors and not just pacing quickly towards you but sprinting at you, swiping to lift you up with one arm and end Jill).

Comment

Wouldn't it be good (chaos) if you could play Co-Op with one player doing Leon's bit and the other being Claire?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                          Wouldn't it be good (chaos) if you could play Co-Op with one player doing Leon's bit and the other being Claire?
                          I've always had that vision since the PSX version. Apparently Kamiya wanted to do more with the single-player co-op aspect but the clock was ticking for his team. We got to see a bit more of it in Zero.

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                          What’s that supposed to mean?
                          The intersecting scenarios was the best bit. It gave you a solid reason to repeat playthroughs (like most of Kamiya's games do) and inadvertently introduced me to speed running. I had a mental map and clear path burned into my brain for days afterwards.
                          Last edited by dataDave; 10-01-2019, 18:59.

Comment

Demo is up for Xbox 7.02 GB

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                              Demo is up for Xbox 7.02 GB
                              The demo is amazing. Can't wait for the final game

Comment

How many people here unlocked Hunk or Tofu?

You had to complete both Claire and Leon's scenarios with an A or B rating to get Hunk.
                                To unlock the Tofu scenario, you must have unlocked The Fourth Survivor, and cleared the Leon A/Claire B storyline 3 times with an A ranking.

I definitely did the Resi 1 rocket launcher, and thought I'd done Hunk, but now I think about it...

Comment

Working...
                                X