Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS2 Matrix Infinity - PSOne game wont boot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 Matrix Infinity - PSOne game wont boot?

Hi ya'll. Wondering if anyine has come across this or has a work around for this?

My PS2 matrix infinity modded system wont boot JAP Ridge Racer Revolution, i now have 2 great condition copies that just get stuck on a black screen.

Have people seen this, I can boot any other original JP PSOne gane i have?

Do I need to get japanese psone system?!

Cheers

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
    Hi ya'll. Wondering if anyine has come across this or has a work around for this?

My PS2 matrix infinity modded system wont boot JAP Ridge Racer Revolution, i now have 2 great condition copies that just get stuck on a black screen.

Have people seen this, I can boot any other original JP PSOne gane i have?

Do I need to get japanese psone system?!

Cheers
    I’ve had this a few times with my Matrix infinity modded slim PS2- I’ve found a few things to be the cause, but in one case not found a workaround.

1) resolution- I found it was the TV not supporting the resolution output by the game, not the console. Stuff like ICO, or higher resolution PS1 titles (can’t remember what exactly- but some odd resolution ones- some with it just in the UI weirdly)

2) it was actually playing, but for some reason the screen was so far down on the TV, you couldn’t see t- moving the screen space around meant I “found” the picture. I only noticed it on a capcom fighter where I could just see the top of the screen.

I still have the issue though, with a US copy of Vandal Hearts 2- I just get a black screen after the PS intro screen. No idea what it is, but tried it on a modded PS1 also with the same result. Without a US model, and a different telly I’ll never debug it. Possibly just compatibility.

Comment

Resolution is a good shout, but basically all PS1 games are 240p (which is the same resolution as ICO indeed) so that sorta doesn't line up?

The screen might not be located correctly when playing NTSC software on a modded PAL PlayStation 2, you need the video fix enabled in your modchip options - though it should be by default.

Just tried my own Ridge Racer Revolution in a PAL PSone with a ONEchip and it booted without issue. ONEchip is a true stealth chip, though I wouldn't think Ridge Racer Revolution would be old enough to have that sort of piracy detection built in? Plus a Matrix Infinity should be able to bypass that anyway.

Very strange.

Hold Triangle and Circle on your Dual Shock when powering on your unit and you should get access to the Matrix Infinity menu, just check everything is checked on and enabled perhaps?

Comment

The ICO thing was over two TV’s, one played it and one didn’t as it didn’t support 240p- but that same TV played all other 240p PS1 games.

Although I had one where the one that did support 240p wouldn’t play Rebel Assault 2, but the TV that didn’t support, did! Same PS2.

I think some had a “high resolution” mode which causes some chicanery, even though it’s 240p max, it causes problems- I want to say DOA maybe? Can’t recall off the top of my head.

I don’t think it’s an exact science though, as I said, there’s a few where I’ve gotten odd results over multiple TV’s- not CRTs though, so that’s likely the key modifier.
        Last edited by MrKirov; 20-09-2018, 14:13.

Comment

I don't suppose you changed video cables?

My friend's Panasonic didn't support 240p over component, but did over SCART. Otherwise I find that very peculiar!

Comment

Interesting thanks for the input chaps, I am using a CRT and also thought RRR would be too early for any protection. Im pretty sure its not starting as there's audio, i might have a faff with the options I always have the psone screen fix on.

I do have a feeling its compatibility and going to hit a brick wall, might have to stick to my pal version, the horror of it all!

Comment

RRR has no protection. Dino Crisis was the first game that could get around a chip. Try running it via the CD player function first. That might help.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
              X