X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ace film!

Comment

I'd say speak to the dentist, i know the metal ones are usually the best so if they think its best go for it!

Good luck with the new chompers! Bridge, crown and denture fits are my favorite appointments, I like seeing the new teeth in happy faces.

Comment

Metal ones, eh?

OK.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
          Ace film!
          It was eeeeeeeeeeepic.

Comment

Also, Henry Rollins. I loved his 'Weight' album back in the Beavis and Butthead days but watching a vid of him and Pharrell made my skin proper crawl.

Comment

Rollins, alas, has become a twat. A grey-haired, muscle-bound one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                C. Some metal ones that are apparently really durable

Comment

How awful the stock video out on an AES 3-6 is!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    For someone whose username has Zen in it, you’re rather adept at riling people up
                    Or maybe folk are rather adept at being riled when their assumptions and suppositions are called into question and challenged?

I suggest we forget about me and return to the subject matter because the fact is that nobody knows what was going through Danny Baker's mind when he tweeted what he did. Did he see the picture of the royal baby and say to to himself "Oh, a black baby, I'll post a photo of a baby chimp because that's all black people are"? Maybe. Or did he see the picture of the royal baby and say to himself "Oh, a baby that everyone thinks is so important, I'll post a photo of a baby chimp to satirise the notion of royalty"? Maybe. We'll never know. Was it a silly thing to do given the way it could be taken due to the baby being of mixed race? Sure. I think everyone, including Danny, would admit that, but that's no reason to attack the guy. He's lost his job. That's punishment enough. No need to ostracise him or shut down all avenues of redemption and forgiveness.

I get the impression that large portions of society purposely misunderstand things for their own gratuitous pleasure in order to justify their fetish for kicking folk when their down. They remind me of vultures circling above the desert just waiting for people to slip up, to say something that they can be twisted and taken the wrong way. Maybe the only way they can elevate themselves is by dumping on others, I don't know, but it's a very ugly form of behaviour.
                    Last edited by Zen Monkey; 13-05-2019, 10:57.

Comment

Comment

If you disagree then put your case forward. Let's have a discourse. That's how we increase our understanding. That's how we come to realise the other person ain't stupid or wrong or weird, they just see things differently.

Comment

Debate me bro!

Comment

hhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                              If you disagree then put your case forward. Let's have a discourse. That's how we increase our understanding. That's how we come to realise the other person ain't stupid or wrong or weird, they just see things differently.
                              In all honesty, I think you believe this but it's not how it happens. You preach the openmindedness but don't seem to fully practice it, rendering the discourse unsatisfying and I think that's a factor in why people get riled up but also in how topics seem to get about you rather the subject. And they shouldn't really do that - you're right to be bothered by that. So I would only be stirring up the wrong things by getting further into it than a flippant Skinner meme. I meant it to be lighthearted and I'm leaving it there.

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X