No announcement yet.

Digital Stream: Television News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zack Snyder (“300,” “Watchmen”) has signed on to direct the zombie horror heist feature “Army of the Dead” at Netflix. Joby Harold (“King Arthur: Legend of the Sword,” “Awake”) penned the script which is set amid a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas. A man assembles a group of mercenaries to take the ultimate gamble, venturing […]

Zack Snyder is returning to filmmaking with the Netflix original movie Army of the Dead

The film see's a group of thieves attempting a heist in LAs Vegas during a zombie outbreak

Comment

Ultraviolet, the cloud-based digital rights locker service that served as Hollywood’s go to place for digital copies of films for a while there, is closing down. The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), an industry consortium of 85 companies including all the major studios, will shut off the service on July 31st. The service launched in […]

The digital movie service Ultraviolet will be shut down from 31 July 2019

Plans for a film adaptation of Stephen King’s epic novel “The Stand” have been stalled for a while. At last report almost four years ago, the plan was for Warners to do a film AND a mini-series for Showtime. Now the project looks to have been retooled in favor of a ten-episode event series take […]

And the director of A Fault in Our Stars and Fox's anticipated X-Men joint-franchise killer The New Mutants is to helm a 10 episode event series adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand for the CBS All Access service

Comment

Well up for another Zack Snyder zombie film. Dawn of the Dead was class.

And very excited and rather apprehensive of the news about The Stand. It's not so much whether they do it justice or not ... it's one of my favourite books and I'm wary of anything changing the way I think of it/see the characters and landscapes, etc. I'll still be all over it though. I wonder who'll play the wandering dude ...

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          The digital movie service Ultraviolet will be shut down from 31 July 2019
          Oh no! All those codes I've never used!

Comment

Ultraviolet is such a swiz. I've got a bunch of films linked and all I can do is watch them via Flixter on ipad. It's (marginally) better than nothing but what kind of film fan wants to watch a film on a 9" screen? A UV compatible tv/console app should have been available in the UK ages ago. Watch anywhere ... poppycock!

Comment

Yep, Ultraviolet has been total rubbish. Does this mean those movies will be inaccessible from July unless already downloaded? As Atticus says, the only way of getting them for me is on the iPad and I'll hardly be downloading them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Yep, Ultraviolet has been total rubbish. Does this mean those movies will be inaccessible from July unless already downloaded? As Atticus says, the only way of getting them for me is on the iPad and I'll hardly be downloading them all.
                Well they're part of a product you've paid for so... ****, wait, it's 2019. Nah, they'll be gone.

Comment

Netflix has announced that its “Full House” sequel series “Fuller House” has been renewed for a fifth and final season. The series follows a widowed D.J. Tanner-Fuller who accepts the help of her sister and best friend who move in and take part in raising D.J.’s three sons. Premiering in early 2016, fifty-seven episodes have […]

Netflix have commissioned a fifth and final season of Fuller House

The hole left by the demise of FilmStruck is being quickly filled with word today that the proposed Criterion Channel streaming service and its accompanying app set to launch on April 8th. The service will feature ‘new thematic programming every night of the week’ along with a ‘constantly refreshed selection of Hollywood, international, art-house, and […]

Meanwhile yet another streaming service will launch on 08 April 2019, this one is the Criterion Streaming Service because sure... why not.

Comment

Streaming giant Netflix has cancelled the Eric McCormack-led time-travel drama “Travelers” following three seasons. The series focused on the last surviving humans from the distant future who discover the means to send consciousness back through time, directly into people in the 21st century. These “travelers” assumed the lives of seemingly random people, while secretly working […]

Netflix has cancelled Travellers after three seasons

Comment

Streaming giant Netflix has reportedly paid $9 million to score the rights to “Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile,” the biopic of serial killer Ted Bundy starring Zac Efron in the role. The film, which premiered last week at Sundance, was the subject of a bidding war that involved other studios including STX and Lionsgate. […]

Netflix have reportedly won the rights to the Ted Bundy movie called Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile led by Zac Effron

Comment

He who years ago coined the term “Peak TV” and warned it will be “impossible to maintain quality control with too many shows,” this Monday sliced-n-diced Netflix‘s self-reported viewing numbers. Kicking off his executive session at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, FX Networks president John Landgraf (aka “The Mayor of TV”) presented some […]

The President of FX Networks calls out Netflix for bs'ing about their viewer numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          The President of FX Networks calls out Netflix for bs'ing about their viewer numbers
                          To be fair, a lot of this has been doing the rounds. I remember seeing this a while back:

tl;dr - a former Reddit exec claims that their traffic figures, which are the basis by which they charge advertisers, are "bull****". This is serious iconoclasm in the current internet business model, though, because it's all funded by advertising, which is paid for at a rate which depends on traffic estimates. If those estimates were found to be genuinely false, it'd be like a house-of-cards.

Comment

I can imagine there's a fair bit of lying going on, Netflix seems to be becoming increasingly focused on crowing about its hit series and films but some of the figures used seem unlikely as it's hard to imagine such a significant audience figure loyally galvanising so regularly around new content they want to push. Either that or there are some real crash and burn projects going, they seem to tend to run even the less successful stuff for 2-3 seasons unless its really not worth their while so I'd be curious if some shows get a longer life than they should just to avoid the perception of failure on some content.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              To be fair, a lot of this has been doing the rounds. I remember seeing this a while back:

tl;dr - a former Reddit exec claims that their traffic figures, which are the basis by which they charge advertisers, are "bull****". This is serious iconoclasm in the current internet business model, though, because it's all funded by advertising, which is paid for at a rate which depends on traffic estimates. If those estimates were found to be genuinely false, it'd be like a house-of-cards.
                              Advertisers? You mean product placement?

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                                Advertisers? You mean product placement?
                                Don't get me wrong, someone is making a lot of money on Reddit from product placement, but that money doesn't go to Reddit.

Spend enough time there you become very sensitive to it. I suspect a large amount of the "votes" in that community are actually performed by bots.

Comment

Working...
                                X