0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

5 100.00%

0 0%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

On to the third play through and it just gets better and better those that put the game down after finishing 2bs story have probably seen about 40% of the game, I really wish dev's wouldn't do this sort of thing as i imagine half the people playing think oh that's it when they see the credits. But it just gets better and better and the story keeps evolving.

Play-through 2 is a retread from a different point of view it has new mechanics and is a lot shorter than the first run and well worth your time. But the third play though is all completely new and goes onwards into new areas sees you facing new bosses and learning more about the world, i kind of wish they had not put this behind the retread and given you the opportunity to do this one second but the only way i could of seen this working is if they had swapped characters at points in the first run so you where in fully aware of what is really happening.

^

Taking the pee mun, 1st Bloodborne and now this game lol. I'm half tempted to restart the game on go in Easy mode

I keep slowly chipping away at the 2nd playthrough (not quite as compulsive as the 1st) and definitely looking forward to the third. I'll just be breaking it up with other games as I really don't want to burn through it too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I keep slowly chipping away at the 2nd playthrough (not quite as compulsive as the 1st) and definitely looking forward to the third. I'll just be breaking it up with other games as I really don't want to burn through it too fast.
    Id left a lot of the side quests and it let me pick these up on the second play through so it took me a bit longer to get through it as i wanted to clear up the map before moving to what i knew was the point of no return, its a lot quicker the second time as i found there is quite a big chunk of the game that's not in the second run through. theres a lot less wandering about too when you know where to go.

I didn't find the black smith till my second play through and was able to max out my fave weapons pretty much straight away thanks to the amount of materials i had. its got to the point where i've started not being able to pick stuff up as you can only carry 99 of each thing and i didn't want to sell stuff as its not clear what you need for the pods or the weapon upgrades straight away

Anyone made it far enough in to have explored the 'secret shop'? I refuse to believe no-one has any comments to add about that!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Anyone made it far enough in to have explored the 'secret shop'? I refuse to believe no-one has any comments to add about that!
    ive heard about it

its a strange one as it takes away from the achievement of getting the trophies most you will do through out the game normally, two of the trophies require stupid levels of commitment and are pretty poorly thought out.

Find all 40 weapons and upgrade them fully is a padding at its worst type of achievement. The exploration materials and money required for this is crazy your probably looking at a 20+ hours to do just this achievement, less if your using guides. Some of the weapons are in very strange or circumstantial places that can be missed, and some require you to be playing the game at a certain point with a certain person to unlock. Say you miss a hacking chest with a weapon in your not getting that if you find it later on as someone other than 9s as only he can open it.

Get all the endings is a funny one, considering one ending requires you to be lvl 99!! im on my third time through with 78% of the quests completed and I'm only lvl 54, think i need to put on the xp boost chips lol, others require you to do all sorts of weird branching stuff that i doubt i will do.

The eat a mackerel ending took me by surprise, only because I hadn't saved in half an hour grrrrr

Last edited by Lebowski; 17-07-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Finally managed to put some proper time into this and I think I'm knocking around an hour away form completing the first playthrough.

I've been making heavy use of dodge which does keep things straightforward most of the time, most awkward battle was probably the Amusement Park boss as the camera wasn't all too friendly to the enclose space but other than that it's been fine. Kept 2B on Balanced fight set and have set what chips I can and progress has been steady leaving my funds to go towards building plenty health regen items up.

It's much more of a hack n slash game than I though it would be, I figured the RPG aspects would be a bit more prominent than they are but I do enjoy the combat. At one point I think I enabled a chip that automated dodging which I've taken off again as I don't want too much control taken out of it.

At the moment, the main thing is that I can see why the story didn't grab those who did one playthrough and traded etc as there's not much to the story so far. I'm assuming later playthroughs add more on this front as 2Bs' story seems very basic.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Finally managed to put some proper time into this and I think I'm knocking around an hour away form completing the first playthrough.

I've been making heavy use of dodge which does keep things straightforward most of the time, most awkward battle was probably the Amusement Park boss as the camera wasn't all too friendly to the enclose space but other than that it's been fine. Kept 2B on Balanced fight set and have set what chips I can and progress has been steady leaving my funds to go towards building plenty health regen items up.

It's much more of a hack n slash game than I though it would be, I figured the RPG aspects would be a bit more prominent than they are but I do enjoy the combat. At one point I think I enabled a chip that automated dodging which I've taken off again as I don't want too much control taken out of it.

At the moment, the main thing is that I can see why the story didn't grab those who did one playthrough and traded etc as there's not much to the story so far. I'm assuming later playthroughs add more on this front as 2Bs' story seems very basic.
    without spoiling it the first play through introduces you to the world the second builds on that, (though some of it is a retread) the third play through is all new content with new areas and quests, it baffles me that it was hidden behind the retread but 9s story and his new mechanics do keep things interesting, there are also quite a few points where your separated so its interesting to see what you where doing from a different point of view.

Last night I finished the first playthrough and after the credits it gave me the nudge to start up my save to do playthrough 2. I saved the game when prompted then loaded it up and it came on with 2B in the Resistance Camp just before the final boss fight, it's totally borked the save and I'll have to do it again won't I?