X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, Tetris 99 is addictive af.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Not sure with buying a online sub but I have tried to buy stuff using my uk credit card on my japanese eshop account and it will not accept it, yet every console before it happily took my card details wii & 3DS had no problems buying stuff. Ironic really that when they were region locked they were happy to accept my card but soon as it's totally region free they stop foriegn cards working with the japanese eshop.
      Sadly the only reason I fire up my J-3DS these days is to put money on the account to spend on my Switch.

Comment

I've been waiting for the left Joycon Dpad variant to come to the UK now and they are finally here.

The issues are well documented, no bluetooth, HD rumble or IR sensors so they only work in handheld mode but for the very specific use case, I want a proper D-Pad I have to say I am very impressed. The lack of gubbins means they are a lot lighter than the standard Joycon and the main event, having tested it last night is quiet, responsive and crucially, better than 4 buttons pretending to be a D-Pad.

At just a shade over £20 and available at the moment in three variants I think these are great. I actually want a right one now to match the feel of the left but I doubt that will happen any time soon! Perfect for handheld 2D games of which there are tons of on the Switch.

Comment

Oh nice - good to know they're available here now. As with the Genki, it's a shame it's not going to be usable with the FlipGrip though.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            Oh nice - good to know they're available here now. As with the Genki, it's a shame it's not going to be usable with the FlipGrip though.
            Yeah that is a shame, the flipgrip and Ikaruga with the dpad would have been excellent. Maybe we can hope for that in a v2 if these things sell!

Comment

i got the zelda one for crimbo its as you say a bit lighter but once on the switch it feels pretty solid, the lack of hd rumble in it doesn't bother as the noise that thing makes is one of the reasons i turn it off.

Comment

Speculation that Microsoft is bringing XCloud, Game Pass and games including the upcoming Ori sequel to Nintendo Switch later this year

Comment

MS are going third-party!

Honestly wouldn't mind dabbling with Sea of Thieves or Cuphead. Most likely neither because I'm so ****ing busy and shouldn't really be posting here when I have three hours of work left.

Comment

Depuis déjà plusieurs semaines, les rumeurs se font de plus en plus insistantes : et si Nintendo et Xbox étaient sur le point de devenir de véritables partenaires de travail ? Une question sur laquelle travaille jeuxvideo.com depuis déjà presque deux mois, et à laquelle nous pouvons désormais apport...

Supposedly, a two month investigation into the plans being drawn up between Nintendo and Microsoft has unearthed that Cuphead is on the way and when Game Pass launches over 100 games will be available to play on Switch. Discussions are said to be underway as to whether a core first party franchise could appear on Switch also.

Comment

I haven't kept up with MS this generation. What's Game Pass and how does it work?

Comment

Pay a monthly fee, full access to games available for that month. Kinda like Netflix. If you like the game you can buy it at a discounted price.

Anyway, if this is true and the service is decent I see the XBO dying a very quick death...very curious on MS' plans for the future of the brand. Of course they have exclusives, but it'll be far more renumerative to go PC-only.

Comment

Doesn’t this require them to get a lot of games playable on Switch and keep up a really regular schedule of adding new ones? Feels like a pretty major commitment.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                            Pay a monthly fee, full access to games available for that month. Kinda like Netflix. If you like the game you can buy it at a discounted price.

Anyway, if this is true and the service is decent I see the XBO dying a very quick death...very curious on MS' plans for the future of the brand. Of course they have exclusives, but it'll be far more renumerative to go PC-only.
                            Xcloud if it works would pretty much negate the reason to own an xbox (latency dependent). it would be interesting to see how a fast game like Forza Horizon runs. game like sea of thieves would run perfectly well and open themselves up to a massive new audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Doesn’t this require them to get a lot of games playable on Switch and keep up a really regular schedule of adding new ones? Feels like a pretty major commitment.
                              they have shown the latest Forza horizon running on a mobile phone via their xcloud streaming, its requires no porting as its a streaming service, whether it works well is another issue though.

Comment

MS seems keen on using it to open up their audience with it, I'd imagine it's more likely to have the opposite effect though. It's a run before they can walk set up which means if streaming is how Switch will handle things then for most countries it's going to be a hobbled experience. Ncie when it works but no more a game changer than PSNow has been for Sony. For MS it all rests on how much it expands those subscription counts without cannibalising Xbox sales as if Game Pass works that well via cloud then really it should already be landing for PC users etc and would remove any real need for most people to consider bothering with the next-gen Xbox consoles.

If anything, it probably would be in MS's interests to pursue becoming a third party service with all this more than remaining a hardware maker

Comment

Working...
                                X