No announcement yet.

E3 2019 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least it won't be 40 minutes of Smash... or will it?

Comment

I really hope it's not Pokémon Sword/Shield focused, that will receive enough Direct time in the next few months. My absolute bare minimum will be an imminent Luigi's Mansion 3 release date and the reveal of something that's a major release but isn't a passive gameplay experience like Animal Crossing is (but still announce that!).

And please god no more Fire Emblem

Comment

I’ll take 40 minutes of Animal Crossing.

Comment

If I have one concern regarding Animal Crossing it's that there's been a lot of leaks for E3... and little mentioning it

Comment

And I’ll take 40 more minutes of Pokémon.

I’d like for Animal Crossing fans to be put out of their misery though!

Comment

Caught up with Square Enix's show this morning and I think they had the best showing by a big margin even if I'm not that interested in most of their content.

Show opens with details of the FFVII Remake and showing gameplay. This just works so much better than the normal CGI and move on tactic of the other shows. Also loads of other games although I'm not sure how much is 'new'; Dragon Quest Builders 2, Dragon Quest XI (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 DLC, On the cusp of their Shadowbringers Expansion release for Final Fantasy XIV, saw a little bit more of Dying Light 2, Outriders and Final Fantasy VIII Remastered. I like the look of their little overhead car racing game: Circuit Superstars. Look quirky and it might be fun.

The only thing I thought was a bit of a let down was ironically the Marvel Avengers unveiling. CGI fest and then they talked about PS4 exclusive content which was rubbish. Whilst mentioning no 'lootboxes', heros will be free and no 'Pay 2 Win' none of it was in context, i.e. the business model. Trying to influence headlines no doubt. They did mention a demo on their showfloor so more will emerge of this. One observation is that despite all the other PC games having the Steam logo in their details, this one merely mentions 'PC' so possibly going with their own launcher or an exclusive.

However overall felt like a really strong showing.

I saw the PC Gaming Show rerun last night and enjoyed seeing a lot of new games. A few indie games that looked interesting I thought and I quite enjoyed hearing the Larian guys talk about Baldur's Gate 3 and how they have been after the licence for a few years now. Truly feels like a good studio is guardian of the next game in that series and probably no better choice.
              Last edited by Digfox; 11-06-2019, 09:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                The only thing I thought was a bit of a let down was ironically the Avengers unveiling.
                I really struggled with the Avengers footage for one reason: the lack of the actors' likenesses. The outfits and look were entirely MCU and yet the faces were like extras from Skyrim. If they couldn't use the likenesses, I think I would have preferred that they move clearly away from the look of the movies so that they could at least do their own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  I really struggled with the Avengers footage for one reason: the lack of the actors' likenesses. The outfits and look were entirely MCU and yet the faces were like extras from Skyrim. If they couldn't use the likenesses, I think I would have preferred that they move clearly away from the look of the movies so that they could at least do their own thing.
                  Yea, Marvel Heroes had that issue too. Is still a little bit surprising that there is no cannon MCU videogames.

What Marvel Heroes used to do really well was tie in content releases/events with each MCU film. So Iron Man Mk.43, Hulk Buster suits or other items from each film. It made logging into the game a be more eventful and fun.
                  Last edited by Digfox; 11-06-2019, 09:30.

Comment

At least it won't be 40 minutes of Smash... or will it?
                    Predictions:
                    Tingle's Enchanted Shop Adventure
                    Waluigi's Bagel Theft RPG
                    Labo Cardboard Coin Flip Challenge (RRP £84)

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Tingle's Enchanted Shop Adventure
                      Waluigi's Bagel Theft RPG
                      I would buy both of these.

Comment

900 hours of Animal Crossing is my prediction.

What I'm really interested to see more of is Luigi's Mansion 3. I really like that series.

Comment

Luigi is ready to explode his sticky ectoplasmic juices all over us!

Comment

I would buy both of these.
                            That's why Nintendo love you and you love Nintendo.

Comment

Squenix had the beat show thus far for me , the only things that interested me at Microsoft was PSO2 and that deer game , Ubisoft was boring AF and I’m hoping Ninty pulls a rabbit out of the top hat goodness

Comment

I don't how this passed me by, but SE confirmed that FF7 Remake is only part 1 and is set only in Midgar. But its spread across 2 disks. It could mean its either big... Or just has a tonne of CGI cut scenes.

Comment

Working...
                                X