Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post

Here's a pair of questions for everyone:

What is your best PSVR moment so far, in any game?
    What single game is your best PSVR game?
    Think my best moment was putting my assault rifle (aim controller) through a small hole in the door in Firewall and killing a guy (I heard him). Linky

Best game? I can't choose between Astro Bot and Everybody's Golf VR.

Comment

Best moments , playing Rez for the first time in VR actually made me feel completely overwhelmed and emotional !!! Astrobot was one of those gaming moments that completely changed the gaming landscape . Zoned out playing Polybius , you just forget and go into autopilot

Comment

Worth noting in here that August's PS+ game is Wipeout Omega Collection:
        "Those looking for the ultimate thrill can experience the entire game, including all modes and tracks, on PlayStation VR."

Comment

Yes please!

Comment

Anyone that has psvr and doesn't own wipeout is in for a real treat. Probably my stand out VR moment playing it for the first time.

Comment

NMS beyond VR update set for the 14th!

No Man’s Sky: Beyond, which includes complete VR support for the entire game, finally has a confirmed release date for this August 14th. That’s less than two weeks away in case you didn’t realize. In less than two weeks you can plop on a VR headset and

Edit: I can't express how excited I am for this. I'm pretty sure this time last year I posted saying I can't find a reason to revisit this game and probably never will. I stand corrected.
              Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 02-08-2019, 13:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                NMS beyond VR update set for the 14th!

No Man’s Sky: Beyond, which includes complete VR support for the entire game, finally has a confirmed release date for this August 14th. That’s less than two weeks away in case you didn’t realize. In less than two weeks you can plop on a VR headset and

Edit: I can't express how excited I am for this. I'm pretty sure this time last year I posted saying I can't find a reason to revisit this game and probably never will. I stand corrected.
                I have that week off work, looks like I’m going to vanish off grid. It’s addictive as hell without vr as it is already past the 100 hour mark I’m just hoping it doesn’t nuke my base world and reset everything when it’s applied or I will be pissed.

Comment

Research: Sony captures a third of VR hardware revenues

Comment

I can believe that even if it's largely because it feels like PSVR is quickly becoming the last man standing of the VR push

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just waiting to hear how the VR reviews, but I'll be getting this if it's good.

Comment

Been playing some more of Farpoint today, and I'm a little divided over it.

Technically it's superb. Clearly a huge amount of work has gone into loads of little touches that help make the game work in VR. That's doubly interesting because I'm playing it opposite Doom VFR, which was a conventional FPS ported to VR, and it shows. There's a clear difference between them at a fundamental level.

Given all that, it makes me feel bad to say this... But Farpoint looks great, sounds great, and has all of that going for it, but all of that work is all to convey what is, at its core, a pretty basic FPS. I loved the first 40 minutes, but afterwards... I've actually got to what feels like the first "boss" and I'm finding it kinda dull, because the encounters just feel really basic, and I've had what feels like the same two weapons for ages. It feels like a great example of a tech demo for how a VR FPS game can work; like it's so competent in every area it shows the basic idea and how you can build upon it, similar to something like Quake; a game which lifted the bar for FPS games but, at its core, had quite basic theming and simple weapons. It's "raw", almost.

Does the rest of the game shake it up much? Or does it pretty much retain that formula? Also roughly how long is it?

Comment

It doesn’t change all that much and the ending is disappointing. I said pretty much the same as you about it when it came out. I loved the shooting vr mechanics so much though. A sequel would be extremely welcome.

Comment

Played Wipeout Omega Collection in VR last night and my gawd it's magnificent. My head was pointing up at my ceiling as I was reading the tracking on a loop de loop. Unreal stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X