This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
    Also isn't Tales of Vesperia coming to the Switch?
    Tomorrow in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
      Tomorrow in fact.
      Too many games, too little time.

Comment

On the subject of the Tales series. I have Tales of Graces f and Tales of Xillia on my PS3. I bought them both in a sale and haven't got around to playing then. Are they up to much?

Comment

That "Twitter Direct" was lame as all hell

Comment

RPG Maker MV Trinity Player is up now on the J-eshop.
            Of Mice and Sand is also discounted there.
            Last edited by kryss; 11-01-2019, 05:48.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              Tomorrow in fact.
              How much is it, digitally? It’s £40 physical.

I’ll probably have to watch list it; it’s in my “ever £20 or never” list.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                I tried the International Zodiac version a couple of years ago with PCSX2. I really didn't enjoy the auto-play Gambit system. I was just fast-forwarding through the game play until the next cut scene.
                Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                I played a good 30 hours of XII back in the day but I really hated the combat. Nakamura tells me it's the best one though so I'd like to complete it at some point.
                I think it heavily depends on whether you like or dislike the Gambit system, too. I absolutely loved it; I really enjoyed tweaking the order and layout of my team's Gambits to deal with new threats and eventualities. Also I loved being able to (for example) automate all the healing duties, because when you do them manually you're really just doing the same flow-chart anyway (if low health, heal, if poisoned, cure, etc.).

You can customise it for different areas, and tune it up to do clever things. One I seem to recall is you can create gambits to cast reflect on your entire party, then cast reflect on the enemy, then cast Aero on the enemy. The spell gets cast onto the enemy, reflects onto the party, who all reflect it back onto the enemy, and the game has a hard limit of 2 reflections so the enemy gets hit for 3x the normal damage. It only works in a few scenarios.

Also always put "steal" as Vaan's first action. He does it pretty much instantly at the start of every battle and it's basically free money.

That being said, I can see why there are people who have a strong dislike for it. You can equip no gambits and play it like a regular FF game, though.

Comment

How similar is it to the system in FFXIII?

Comment

Dragon's Lair Trilogy coming to the eShop next week

Dragon’s Lair Trilogy is coming to Switch, a listing on the European eShop reveals. A release is planned for January 17. Here’s an overview for Dragon’s Lair Trilogy, along with a trailer: In Dragon’s Lair, you play the heroic Dirk the Daring, a valiant knight on a quest to rescue the fair princess from the clutches of an evil dragon!...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

File under "games to avoid like the plague".

Comment

Why does Dragon’s Lair keep getting ports? It is terrible. Mind you given the hype around Netflix’s Bandersnatch it’s maybe not too much of a stretch to think there is a market for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          I have a lot of nostalgia for those They're bad "videogames" if you judge them in that way, but they're interesting experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            I remember playing this in the arcade in the 80s. Thing was like a charity machine, you literally have your money away. Put it still looked really cool.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is coming...

Comment

Dragon’s Lair is what sprung to mind when I played TLoU, especially the fights.

Comment

Working...
                                X