Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farpoint at £9.99?

Comment

I may bite the bullet and get a PSVR in the Jan sales.

Astro Bot & Moss look amazing.

Comment

Do it Teddy.

Okay, so I talked myself out of the ideas of getting Farpoint and Batman (with the help of [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]).

I've just completed my Ultralight license on Ultrawings (sound like a brand of sanitary towel). It was brilliant.

Imagine Pilotwings (without the none aircraft activities), but with added sim like interactions. Like preparing for flight by pressing a few switches, pushing and pulling a lever to adjust speed. Flying is so nice (you may get a little queasy, but you soon get over it). Like most Move controlled games your controllers are hand in the world. Push the lever with one hand and the flight stick with the other. So cool.

The open world is made up of 4 islands, each with its own airport and specific aircraft tied to it. You start at the first island (well duh) where you will train to fly the Ultralight (a glider with an engine sort of). After getting your license, Pilotwings style scoring events open up. Events include Popping balloons, snapping photos, performing spot landings, flying through rings, air races, and maybe more, oh free flight, but keep your eye on your fuel guage! The will earn you cash which you use to buy adjacent airports, from where you will learn an aircraft.

Quite a bit of content and jeez, it's £6.49 at the moment on the store. Just get it. You can play using the pad also, if you don't have any Moves, but I highly recommend using the Move controllers.

Brilliant stuff.
        Last edited by hudson; 22-12-2018, 02:59.

Comment

Picked up Detached and it's rather good .. Looking forward to playing Tetris in VR but as its a present off my partner, I have to wait until I finish work on Christmas day.

Comment

Tried Doom VFR, absolutely god awful control system. Instadelete.

Stuck Driveclub VR in as I got it for a tenner. First race in the BAC Mono and I was blown away. Went in to the second race and got major, major motion sickness though!

Comment

Any good deals?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Any good deals?
                Curry's have the Mega Pack for £210. It includes...

The headset
                Camera
                Astrobot Rescue Mission
                VR Worlds
                Skyrim VR
                Wipeout Omega Collection
                DOOM VFR

That seems like a decent bundle.

EDIT: Seems this is standard price for this now.

Starter Pack is £180 which only includes VR Worlds.
                I'd go for the Mega Pack.
                Last edited by hudson; 22-12-2018, 14:33.

Comment

Thats a stupidly good bundle price for the content.

Comment

Game have the mega pack, Resi 7 and 2 month's NowTV entertainment.

I've already got Resi 7 & WipeOut and have no interest in Skyrim so I could sell those for a few quid too.

Comment

That is a crazy good deal!

Comment

And they're out of stock.

TheGameCollection have the headset with Asrobot for £169.95. Seeing as I e already got Resi 7 & WipEout that's probably a better deal for me.

Comment

Properly had to lie down after 25 mins of Ultrawings tonight. I purposely put my VR legs to the test. Like a fool! I was trying to get gold badges for some of the activities I got silver on, so any I failed during flight, I would aggressively plough towards the ground and try to pull up before impact or bank, whilst pitching for some sideways fun. I thought I was doing good in getting my stomach stronger, which it was... Until I collided with a rockface. Even though you aren't presented with an explosion or something, my mind told my body to brace anyway. Jeez.

Anyway, I think this sillyness all amounted up to me finally breaking out into a cold sweat and a visit to the couch for 20 minutes.

Be careful out there, guys. Lots of fun. Truly immersive, but can send you a bit west lol.

Thankfully, there are options in place to limit these feels. I chose to play in "SIM" mode, which leaves your aircraft view unblinkered. Plus, assists are off.
                          There are two levels of blinkering in the way of nylon window covers on the sides of the Ultralight frame. This gives you a more tunnelled view of the action, lowering the chances of motion sickness.

Comment

Ugh, made me feel funny just reading that. I hear that going off the track at Sol2 in Wipeout is quite the head-fecker!

Comment

I think Wipeout has motion sickness prevention options too. I think they are on by default when I tried the demo and I felt fine.

£6.49 guys. I think you could pick up a bowl to be sick in for buttons in B&M or Home Bargains to compare the package

This is basically what happened to me (guy takes the couch after playing Ace Combat)...
                              Last edited by hudson; 23-12-2018, 11:23.

Comment

I'll be unwrapping mine tomorrow... Very excited!

Comment

Working...
                                X