Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle for £14.99 on the eshop is mighty tempting. I prefer physical releases but that's approaching impulse buy territory for a game I've been wanting to pick up for months.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle for £14.99 on the eshop is mighty tempting. I prefer physical releases but that's approaching impulse buy territory for a game I've been wanting to pick up for months.
      For that price I totally would, even if it's digital. Does it include the DK expansion?

Comment

It doesn't - I think the DLC is more expensive than the main game at the moment! Well worth picking up at that price, though, even on digital - I paid £35 for the physical version and don't regret it. Excellent strategy game.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
          For that price I totally would, even if it's digital. Does it include the DK expansion?
          Just the base game sadly. I'm heading up to my parents tomorrow for Christmas and taking the Switch so I'm gonna get it and finally get stuck in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
            Just the base game sadly. I'm heading up to my parents tomorrow for Christmas and taking the Switch so I'm gonna get it and finally get stuck in.
            I did the same for Smash Bros. Ultimate and Dark Souls...I've bought them digitally so I can play them anywhere you having to carry around carts. Of course I've bought the physical copy as well, but if Nintendo would put their act together and come out with a good digital service, I wouldn't mind to buy more digital games on the Switch.

Comment

Starlink is going to be $30 in the Boxing Week sales. I'm pretty much committed to getting it.

...but then I picked up Valkyria Chronicales 4 for $30 the other day and the wife wasn't pleased.

Comment

My mum's TV is wall-mounted like some chav house meaning I won't be able to connect my PCE on Christmas day. Octopath is going to have to save Christmas it seems. How much is it now after discount?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  I hate to object but the PSP Championship Manager games were actually pretty good, in my opinion. They were essentially ports/reworks of the PC Championship Manager 2.
                  I only played one of the PSP Championship Manager games, but wasn't impressed. The PSP Football Manager games were quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    My mum's TV is wall-mounted like some chav house meaning I won't be able to connect my PCE on Christmas day. Octopath is going to have to save Christmas it seems. How much is it now after discount?
                    Begin your journey as one of eight protagonists, each with their own origin, talents, and goals, in OCTOPATH TRAVELER for Nintendo Switch.

Comment

Never played any of the Taiko drum games before but just had a blast on the demo. Just off to pick up the drum pack this afternoon. Great fun!
                      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I got the Gunvolt striker pack from GAME for £20 so will check it out soon (bought the originals on the 3DS but it'll be nice to see how they look on the Switch).

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                          Never played any of the Taiko drum games before but just had a blast on the demo. Just off to pick up the drum pack this afternoon. Great fun!
                          It's even better with the drums. I went up to my parents last month to, ahem, make sure they were working before they got wrapped up and everyone had a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                            I got the Gunvolt striker pack from GAME for £20 so will check it out soon (bought the originals on the 3DS but it'll be nice to see how they look on the Switch).
                            Pretty much the same. Way more comfortable even with just the Joycons. Some interface elements and portraits have been redrawn/changed to hi-res versionsm but the game themselves are simply upscaled. Not as blurry as you might think though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              Your objection doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I couldn't disagree more. ChampMan on the PSP was garbage - I know that because I too played it.

...CM on the PSP definitely wasn't essentially a port of the PC game...
                              Originally posted by Marius View Post
                              I only played one of the PSP Championship Manager games, but wasn't impressed. The PSP Football Manager games were quite good.
                              Been away for a bit so apologies on the necro-quote but after reading this, I wanted to look into it, as I was sure I remembered the CM game I had for the PSP being (1) good and (2) like CM2. However, I was well aware of the Eidos/Sports Interactive saga, so it didn't quite make sense.

I looked it up online, and eventually found some familiar screenshots. It seems I was confused - I had one of the Football Manager PSP games, and Wikipedia reveals the source of my confusion:

The game was designed to be more similar in feel and play to earlier Sports Interactive products - being much faster in nature, while retaining the feeling of being a realistic simulation.
                              So the game was Football Manager Handheld - but SI consciously made the PSP versions feel similar to the early CM games.

Comment

I got Octopath Traveler for my birthday before Christmas but haven’t yet put it on. However, I got Katamari Damacy for Christmas and have already played loads of it. That game is so much fun. I could do with more stages as it’s just a remake of the original but what’s here is superb.

Comment

Working...
                                X