No announcement yet.

Digital Stream: Television News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very easy to see how that bundle pricing doesn’t make a lick of sense on its own except in one way - it’s what people will pay. What it won’t do in any shape or form is pay for what’s on those channels.

Comment

I'm assuming Disney is thinking two things - 1) That most of the channels content is of high interest to consumers but also already exists meaning they don't need to over invest cash into new content compared to Netflix who are scrambling to build original content without any pre-existing to rely on and 2) the pricing makes them very disruptive to Netflix and other streamers and if it's balanced right and throttles the other services success then they can always jack up the rates later when they've taken the crown

Comment

Disney are already overinvesting from what I hear. Their new shows have giant budgets. And Hulu and ESPN are far from cheap to run. They have tied up a lot of rights that come with hefty price tags.

I don’t see anyone “taking the crown” here. It’s not going to be Highlander. It’s breaking a market which has yet to make back what it spends into smaller and smaller chunks.

Comment

The Boys continues to be a fascinating watch.
          Took down episodes 5 and 6 last night and they were loaded with gore, laughs, action and exposition.
          I particularly enjoyed the "Jazz musician" line...

Interesting to see where the story is diverging from the comics and the pace at which it is moving - a lot faster.

I know it's been renewed for a second season, but have they planned how many seasons?

I'm worried they'll do the usual thing of having a successful first season, plan for lots of seasons, then season 2 is less successful and the series is cancelled.

Comment

But... we get Home Alone 6! Having seen Home Alone 5 I'm very keen to see just how much further that franchise can scrape itself past the barrels bottom

Comment

The Boys last night:
              "We're looking for a Frenchman and an English guy."

Wife to me: "I thought he was Australian?"

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Interesting to see where the story is diverging from the comics and the pace at which it is moving - a lot faster.

I know it's been renewed for a second season, but have they planned how many seasons?

I'm worried they'll do the usual thing of having a successful first season, plan for lots of seasons, then season 2 is less successful and the series is cancelled.
                I had very similar thoughts/concerns, especially the amount of story content that's been covered/revealed so quickly, but my overriding feeling is that it's in good hands.

Comment

Preacher season 4 will be the last one so they’ll wrap the story up, which is nice.

Maybe they’ll do the same thing with The Boys.

Comment

Finished The Boys last night and we both really enjoyed it.
                    It really diverged from the source material by the end - mainly for the better.
                    Great cliffhanger and I look forward to the second Season, but I think it'll be doing its own thing seeing how far they've veered from the source by the end.

Comment

Tolkien scholar Tom Shippey has revealed that the proposed first season of “The Lord of the Rings” TV series in development at Amazon is targeting a twenty-episode first season. The reveal comes shortly after key members of the creative team for the small-screen adaptation of the classic fantasy novel series were assembled. Juan Antonio Bayona […]

The first season of Amazon's Lord of the Rings series is looking like it will be 20 episodes in length, they are also free to tell the story they want as long as the show adhere's to the Second Age content Tolkien wrote and never includes anything from the Third Age.
                      Last edited by Neon Ignition; 09-08-2019, 07:32.

Comment

Filmmaker Kevin Smith has revealed that he’s serving as executive producer and showrunner on “Masters of the Universe: Revelation,” a new Netflix anime limited series. The project focuses on the unresolved storylines of the classic 1980s “He-Man and the Masters of the Universe” cartoon series, picking up many of the characters’ journeys where they left […]

Netflix has confirmed Kevin Smith will be showrunner on animated series Masters of the Universe: Revelations which will act as a sequel series to the 80's cartoon. The studio behind the Castlevania series provides the animation and the show will focus on unresolved plotlines from the original run.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          http://www.darkhorizons.com/amazons-...-long-seasons/

The first season of Amazon's Lord of the Rings series is looking like it will be 20 episodes in length, they are also free to tell the story they want as long as the show adhere's to the Second Age content Tolkien wrote and never includes anything from the Third Age.
                          The rise and fall of Numenor should be awesome. Fingers crossed!

Comment

YouTube is continuing to scale back on its original scripted programming continues with word today it is cancelling two of its more well-known shows and had rejected to take two recent pilots to series. Specifically the dance-themed series “Step Up: High Water” has been dumped after two seasons. One of YouTube’s most popular shows, the […]

The more that we see new streaming ventures launched, the more we're going to see failures too and leading that charge seems to be Youtube who are progressively shutting down their Original Series programmes. Having previous scaled back a few shows and their Premium service plans the site has now confirmed that they are cancelling Step Up: High Water, Wayne, Dark Cargo and It's a Man's World. Though not household name shows the first two have enjoyed 25-45m views for some episodes showing how hard services find to keep content afloat despite the audience size, the channel will try to find a new home for some of these if it can.

With these cancellations Youtube is now down to only having three scripted shows left in its library, Impulse and Liza and Demand are two lesser known shows so presumably at high risk in the near future, the last being Cobra Kai which is their biggest bonafide hit and so difficulty lies there with what to do with it. For now the third season is still happening and will be released via the standard Youtube site.

Comment

The coming Apple TV+ streaming service looks like it’s joining the streaming wars earlier than anticipated. Bloomberg reports that Apple Inc. plans to roll out its Apple TV+ subscription service by November this year, putting it in direct competition with the highly anticipated launch of Disney+ premiering the same month. The service is aiming to […]

Apple TV+ will launch by November and will reportedly cost $9.99 per month. Apple is set to spend huge sums making a slim line of original content for the service so it'll be one of the leanest offerings available.

Comment

Disney has suddenly pulled the plug on “Book of Enchantment,” one of its high-profile original series in the works for its Disney+ streaming service. The series would’ve been an adaptation of Serena Valentino’s book series “Villains” featuring some of Disney’s most popular baddies. A writer’s room had been going for three months with multiple scribes […]

I think it's the services first publicly cancelled project as Disney+ has pulled the plug on Book of Enchantment. By the sounds the project was becoming too dark in tone and too expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X