No announcement yet.

Playstation Classic announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that's what I've read too. I thinks there's a YT video comparison you can find with the evidence.

The Playstation Classic is a good idea which could have even been a great one but is disgracefully inept in practice. Is it bad value for money though? Yes but only because the result is so flawed in execution.

The games' content, although a significant number of the included games are in no way 'classic' or were even popular at any time, is actually still quite good value if you go by current used original disc costs or those available on PSN.

If you bought a good condition used PS1/PSOne, a Dualshock 1, memory card, RGB SCART etc it would cost you about £30 going by what's available on UK eBay. The Classic (new/boxed) is selling for less than £50 there too. No way could you get even the genuinely classic games from the Classic's 20 title collection for a total under £20 with shipping costs too.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
      No way could you get even the genuinely classic games from the Classic's 20 title collection for a total under £20 with shipping costs too.
      At least boxed copies have some value, so you could sell them if you felt like it. A bunch of roms on a mini console don't have any real world value. A mini console's value lies in delivering an authentic retro experience and a collection of classic games that stir nostalgia. It's a shame that the PlayStation Classic falls short in both areas.

Sony should have splashed more cash to secure most of the big name PlayStation games, coded the emulation in-house -- and offered image filters to suit all tastes.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 24-12-2018, 15:18.

Comment

Ninten’does what Sony don’t 😂

Comment

So essentially I should just stick to using my laptop to emulate ps1 games then. Nice one Sony.

Comment

Or play the PC versions which a lot of them had and can often still be found as cheap or cheaper than the PS ones.

Comment

The classic is down to £68 here in Norway now, was £116 at launch 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Did any poor bastard end up with one of these today?

Comment

I’d rather get socks lol

Comment

Well, if you hack it I guess it’s not a too bad gift?

Comment

Even hacked the emulation is poor, aparrently it runs worse than a SNES mini.

Comment

Already under £50.

Cheap video games, DVDs and Blu-Rays from 365games.co.uk Xbox One, PS4, Switch and PC games at a fraction of the RRP!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          Dropped to $49.99, which is even cheaper, at the major retailers in the US

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            Amazon have price-matched.

Comment

Once they're down to a tenner you can just bin the guts and have a nice Raspberry Pi case if nothing else.

Comment

Has anyone on here hacked one of these yet? And if so is it relatively straight forward?

Comment

Working...
                                X