Choose 3 games for Xmas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, I love Rondo from a technical point of view, but Akumajo is the far more playable game of the two.
    I mean, SotN is the only Castlevania I have any desire to play. And the voice acting, oh the voice acting.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      I don't need a physical copy that some scrote on ebay would try to fleece me £400 for in order to enjoy the game.
      Yeah, I wouldn't give someone that sort of money for any game, however much I like it. I don't want to get involved in the modern 'crazy money' retro scene.

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, I love Rondo from a technical point of view, but Akumajo is the far more playable game of the two.
      I really like both games. The only Castlevania that isn't my cup of tea is SOTN. I can understand why lots of people really like it, but it's never gelled with me.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      I mean, SotN is the only Castlevania I have any desire to play. And the voice acting, oh the voice acting.
      I'm happy to play most Castlevania games, except Simon's Quest and maybe SOTN. With Symphony, I wouldn't mind playing it but the gameplay style annoys me quite a bit.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 21-12-2018, 13:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        I can play it for free on my Pi, I don't need a physical copy that some scrote on ebay would try to fleece me £400 for in order to enjoy the game.
        +1

Whilst not at the same extreme as Colin, by not buying any retro at all, these days I will only buy reasonably priced retro games (sub £80-ish) and homebrew, and only across two consoles. Sod paying what some stuff goes for nowadays when you have things like RasPi, “Minis” and Everdrives to use, with each respective option offering an added layer of authenticity if that’s your bag.

Comment

Speaking of game prices, have been thinking of jumping to SD solutions myself recently. I’ve only got 5 home consoles as it is now and really far too many games taking up too much space when I consider how much they’re used. Likely get the ball rolling once my PSIO arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Speaking of game prices, have been thinking of jumping to SD solutions myself recently.
            I've sold quite a few games that command high prices these days. I'm happy to use Everdrives and the Raspberry Pi etc... Maybe at some point we'll have a tiny computer that can run every old console perfectly. I hope so.

I'll never sell all my retro hardware though -- I like being able to set machines up and having a true retro fest. There's something special about genuine hardware and controllers that really stirs my passion for old stuff.
            Last edited by Leon Retro; 21-12-2018, 15:47.

Comment

And CRTs too. Proper console plugged into proper telly is the shiznit.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                And CRTs too. Proper console plugged into proper telly is the shiznit.
                I've been really enjoying my new Trinitron -- it's taken be back to the 90s. The way it shows off how attractive a lot of 16-bit games are, really puts a big smile on my face. There's something special and hypnotic about the CRT glow.

Comment

No Souky, no Christmas x

Comment

Elevator Action Returns on the Saturn three times over.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      No Souky, no Christmas x
                      That would save Santa quite a bit of money.

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Elevator Action Returns on the Saturn three times over.
                      I forget about how much that goes for. You can buy three copies for £500. Definitely a great game to have in a Saturn collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                        I've been really enjoying my new Trinitron -- it's taken be back to the 90s. The way it shows off how attractive a lot of 16-bit games are, really puts a big smile on my face. There's something special and hypnotic about the CRT glow.
                        +1 for a CRT, I probably wouldn’t play videogames if I didn’t have my CRT.

Comment

Originally posted by ExMosquito View Post
                          +1 for a CRT, I probably wouldn’t play videogames if I didn’t have my CRT.
                          It's made me greedy for more CRTs, but I must resist. Of course, if I had a huge house, I'd have a room full of CRTs and a couple of Sega arcade cabs.

But as much as it's been great going back to a CRT, I would still happily play retro games through my Framemeister and OSSC. I really think they do a nice job of making retro machines look decent on LCD screens.

Comment

Working...
                          X