Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PC, PS4 & PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PC, PS4 & PC)

"Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an upcoming action-adventure video game developed by FromSoftware and published by Activision.

The game is scheduled to be released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on 22 March 2019.

The game follows a shinobi named Sekiro as he attempts to take revenge on a samurai who attacked him and kidnapped his lord.

Although compared to FromSoftware's Souls series, the game features no role-playing game elements, such as character creation, classes, and equipment upgrades, as well as having no multiplayer elements.

Rather than attacking to whittle an enemy's health points, combat in Sekiro revolves around using a katana to attack their poise and balance instead, which eventually leads to an opening that allows for a single killing blow.

The game also features stealth elements, allowing players to immediately eliminate enemies if they can get in range undetected. In addition, the player character has the ability to use various tools to assist with combat and exploration, such as a grappling hook and a torch.

If the player character dies, they have the option of being revived on the spot under certain conditions instead of respawning at earlier checkpoints.

It is being directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki of the Japanese development studio FromSoftware, best known for creating the Souls series and Bloodborne, and published by the American company Activision.

The game is scheduled to be released for PlayStation 4, Windows, and Xbox One on 22 March 2019. A collectors edition of the game will also be released the same day, and will include a steelbook case, a figurine of the protagonist, an art book, a physical map of the game's world, a download code for the soundtrack, and in-game coin replicas.

Sekiro draws inspiration from the Tenchu series of stealth-action games that were partially developed and published by FromSoftware. The team initially considered developing the game as a sequel to Tenchu, but as that series had already been shaped by several different studios before they obtained the rights to it, they instead opted to take the project a different direction.

Miyazaki intended for the combat changes to capture the feel of "swords clashing", with fighters trying to create an opening to deliver the fatal strike. He and the team also created the game to be a fully single-player experience, as they believed multiplayer to have limitations they wanted to avoid. The word "Sekiro" means "one-armed wolf" in Japanese, referencing the player character's situation, while the subtitle "Shadows Die Twice" was originally only meant to be used as a slogan for the teaser trailer until Activision requested it to be kept for the final name."

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seki...dows_Die_Twice
    Sekiro Shadows Die Twice: From the Developers of Elden Ring, Bloodborne, and Dark Souls. Take revenge, restore your honor, and kill ingeniously. Available now on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC.

looks so good, I cannot wait

Comment

The last thing I need right now is another game. But this looks incredible. I'd been on total media blackout until yesterday, when curiosity got the better of me and I snuck a peek on youtube at some footage. The 60 seconds or so I saw was enough to hammer a sold sign on the game. I can't resist

Comment

Slightly confused how our thread for this only has three posts, are we to assume that it's just a given that everyone was on board and we've all gone in dark?

Comment

Until this week I'd forgotten it was coming out. I had it in my head it was miles off yet. I'm generally done with Souls type games but this has enough of a polished Tenchu vibe as well to appeal so maybe.

Comment

I'm pretty Souls'd out too ... hence having seen nothing of this game until yesterday. The combat just makes me want to play it straight away.

Comment

I really want this, mainly because of the Tenchu vibes (it was originally going to be a sequel), but I've got too much going on at the minute and there's EDF Iron Rain is out soon.

Comment

kinda bored with the souls games now, from software need to try something new

Comment

Originally posted by gamelife View Post
                  It's definitely time for a new Armored Core game!

Comment

Originally posted by gamelife View Post
                    I think that's what this is going to be.

Comment

it looks exactly like a souls game to me, with a new look lol

Comment

It's like Bionic Commando. Yeeers

Comment

My first new release since Mario Odyssey. But not until April. Too much going on in real life at the moment.

Comment

That's what I've thought all along, but the vid I saw on youtube outlined a decent amount of differences to the Souls template.

It wasn't this one but this is the closest I could find ...

Comment

I'm pirating this because **** Activision.

Comment

Working...
                              X