No announcement yet.

Your favourite shoot 'em up tunes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Leon Retro.No physical copy though. only digital at the moment . Shame really.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      [
      Forgot this one - ta.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post

Bloody love this tune
        That's a really nice tune.

Comment

Comment

[MENTION=3621]Hohum[/MENTION]

That's such an epic piece of music.

Comment

I love this level as a whole. Possibly even my favourite level in any shooter, actually. I love the forboding atmosphere and the sense of scale of the huge ship looming over the city. It's the perfect tribute to the 3rd stage in the original game.

I think it's even more evocative and even a bit surreal with the slow music contrasting against the whine of the laser charging.

Comment

I'm sure there are loads I've forgotten!

Pure brilliance, especially the last couple of minutes.

(even though I now know this is a rip off of Pink Floyd/Philip Glass)
                Last edited by ZipZap; 11-03-2019, 23:37.

Comment

Some great stuff here. In amongst the more obvious stuff like R-Type and Xenon 2 are gems like the Gleylancer one.

Here’s a couple of my faves:

Not sure if it quite works without the context of a boss fight, the screen awash with beautifully geometric bullet patterns, but it’s still a great, pumping tune. There’s something about the intensity of it all which really gets me in the zone. Very synaesthesic.

Now this tune I absolutely LOVE. It’s from that era of early CD-ROM games, before the advent of the PlayStation and its ‘real’ music. It’s as if composers were still in the mindset of creating chiptune music, but with CD technology they could do it without limitation. The result is very clean sounding arrangements with added layers of depth thanks to the unlimited channels and sampling that the format offers. One thing I love about this particular tune are the sweeping arpeggios. Sterling work.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                    I've played it using emulation. It's a nice looking game with a distinct vibe about it. I just noticed that's it's on the PS4 and XB1.
                    The PS4 version has the usual detailed Shot Triggers scoring panel, which in this instance flashes in time with the music for an enhanced disco feel!

Great port though and a really good game. Very different from everything else Cave have ever done.

Comment

Guys...! Wait wait wait....this thread is full of classics and really excellent music, but y'all sleeping on the brilliant tunes of NG DEV TEAM's Neo Geo shoot'em ups!
                      So let's add a few tracks to this no one knows, probably.

This track is utter genius: Fast Striker, Stage 1, City Blues:

This is from Stage 2, Shakedown:

And yes, this music is coming from an AES cartridge, not a Neo CD version.

——

Now let's listen to "Razion", which I love dearly. Oh wait....the music is not on YouTube.
                      But we can use bandcamp:

Stage 1: '90§ Lasershmup:
                      https://andreneumann.bandcamp.com/tr...90s-lasershmup

Boss:
                      https://andreneumann.bandcamp.com/tr...thats-my-fight

Stage 2: Mystic Cavern:

At first I couldn't believe this was coming out of my trusty ol' Neo Geo.

Their other games have excellent music too, especially "Neo XYX".
                      ——

Anyway.
                      I'm also a huuuge fan of the soundtrack of "Gate of Thunder", PC Engine:

Stage 1:
                      Rockin' soundtrack to one of the first CD based console games.

And Stage 2 in particular:
                      Rockin' soundtrack to one of the first CD based console games. This track is one of my favorites.
                      Last edited by Samuray; 12-03-2019, 09:33.

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the winner of the Bordersdown Shmup Music Thread:

The epic-ness of the opening few bars followed by those stabs always puts a lump in my throat, whether it be the first time I played it on DC, the times I played it at the HoG or Arcade Club, or more recently when I got it for Switch.

Comment

@ Samuray - the Fast Striker vids wouldn’t play. However the Razion tunes, level 1 in particular, were amazing. I was expecting Euro-techno style much like Sturmwind, and although they certainly had this kind of style, there is a real Japanese shmup music vibe about them as well. Stonkingly good.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                            @ Samuray - the Fast Striker vids wouldn’t play.
                            Odd. Thanks for letting me know. Couldn't get the YouTube function to work so now it's just simple links. But please give it a listen!

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                            However the Razion tunes, level 1 in particular, were amazing. I was expecting Euro-techno style much like Sturmwind, and although they certainly had this kind of style, there is a real Japanese shmup music vibe about them as well. Stonkingly good.
                            Happy you like them too! The Stage 2 music in combination with the visuals in the trailer video was the reason I bought the game....it's so incredibly moody.

Comment

Comment

Same as Assault on Precinct 13 music! (original film by john carpenter)

Comment

Working...
                                X