Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merge of "game discussion" and "first play"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Fighter doesn't seem to fit, so I assume Superman Falls.

Comment

lol, yeah, makes sense. I was reading on from the previous post (by SF......) that mentioned GAF and thought it was the name for another forum...

Comment

Merge means Merge! It’s the will of the posters!!

Comment

Comment

I haven't posted since making this suggestion (please don't blame me) and therefore thought it would be a contradiction if I championed 'merge'. That said the reason I suggested this change is that I fervently believe that 'less is more' and that it will encourage more conversation in this forum if the change was made (I'd also get rid of the Import forum too).

Clearly it does come with some changes, the potential for people playing the game to be mixed in a thread with sales numbers but I think as already pointed out that is already happening.

That said in addition it might slightly need more moderation to make sure that duplicate threads aren't created as obviously these will have more impact in a busier GD.

Comment

When a game is released could the thread title or the OP be amended to indicate what page the thread was up to on release day? Just an idea what popped into my head. Might address some people’s concerns. Then again, might not. Who knows these days?!

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                I haven't posted since making this suggestion (please don't blame me) and therefore thought it would be a contradiction if I championed 'merge'. That said the reason I suggested this change is that I fervently believe that 'less is more' and that it will encourage more conversation in this forum if the change was made (I'd also get rid of the Import forum too).

Clearly it does come with some changes, the potential for people playing the game to be mixed in a thread with sales numbers but I think as already pointed out that is already happening.

That said in addition it might slightly need more moderation to make sure that duplicate threads aren't created as obviously these will have more impact in a busier GD.
                Yeah, I agree tbh. There are too many quiet subfolders right now, a single faster moving one might also be more inviting to people coming across the website for the first time.

Comment

I'm against merging the game discussion and first play forums. Speaking from a wholly personal (or selfish) view, I enjoy reading the first play threads because the opinions expressed are based on something real - on experience and it's a good way to gauge my interest in a game. In stark contrast, I increasing have little interest in gaming news and the discussion it generates speculating what something might be like when it materialises. I wanna keep the real separate from the not-real.

Comment

One thing to consider: the ‘what are you playing this week thread’ is an easy way to bypass any first plays but, in the process, usually won’t lead to discussion because people can’t really trawl through it looking for the game they are playing. I realise that a load of posts wouldn’t happen without it but it could be leading to less game discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                      I'd also get rid of the Import forum too.
                      Please don't. While I agree with merging first play and discussion, import information and import games are so scarce in today's world, that I like being able to dive into that specific little pond and wallow in 100% import goodness. Most topics only get a few posts so will be lost quickly.

I don't want to spend hours trawling a hundred forum pages to find the single topic posted by @Brai_Rose_Kappa_ski on some weird boobs and guns game from Japan. Besides, the poor guy seems to enjoy having that little playground to himself.

The lack of posts in that sub-forum is what makes having it exclusive so valuable. Finding info on the latest weird Vita or PS4 title from Japan is near impossible outside this forum. No one cares. So the tiny slivers which get dropped in there are really cool to find.

I feel we should actually start a Patreon for @Brownose_key_whiskey, so he can post more regularly about all the weird tat he imports. Man is a legend, and my hero.

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      I would support merging the import forum back into 1st Play.
                      Shush you, that's not what anyone wants, you included.

Comment

I'd merge the lot and colour code or icon code the post type. In the name of phone version.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                          I feel we should actually start a Patreon for @Brownose_key_whiskey, so he can post more regularly about all the weird tat he imports.
                          You don't want that either, no one is interested in reading about when I dash-tackled on a set of stairs, going up, to get a panty shot in Natsuiro High School or when... mhrmm, better stay silent :P

Comment

You don't want that either, no one is interested in reading about when I dash-tackled on a set of stairs, going up, to get a panty shot in Natsuiro High School or when... mhrmm, better stay silent :P
                            Yes, yes I do. I'm interested. I actually keep meaning to pick Natsuiro High School up off eBay for PS3, but it's a bit pricey. £40 seems steep. Is there a topic by you on this forum? Literally no one else on the internet talks about it in English. What's a fair price do you feel? What other last ditch PS3 imports are there? I recently grabbed that Ryu ga Gotoku game, set in the era with swords and pistols. I think it was the last in the series for PS3.

Also, your topics are basically an A-Z of what I intend to get for the Vita if I ever buy a Vita. But, because I read your topics, I'm like meh, no need to buy when Brenesky_Kerosene is playing them for us, with videos, and a strange Ukrainian accent.

I demand more topics by briaresky_kerenos!

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                              What's a fair price do you feel? What other last ditch PS3 imports are there? I recently grabbed that Ryu ga Gotoku game, set in the era with swords and pistols. I think it was the last in the series for PS3.
                              £10 would be better, but it's probably fairly rare...I played for a few hours and like many other games I wanted to start a thread but it got lost in other things. And then I lost interest in the game itself, it's far from being polished and the only fun I had was trying to break the game. Funny thing, the share function on PSN was pulled from the game because people were able to break the game in such a way that girl and dog models...yeah, that's enough.

BTW, why do people tell me I have a western European accent? After speaking with people from there I can safely say my accent sounds squarely Italian, as it should be (maybe with a sprinkle of norther Europe, I started speaking English there).

Comment

why do people tell me I have a Eastern European accent?
                                The "sky" part of your username makes people think Soviet. Shapowsky, Rasputinitsky, Dostoyevsky, etc. And then Brian_Kerensky, import forum topic maker.

Comment

Working...
                                X