Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trails Of Cold Steel III has been announced for release in the west this fall. The internet cried in anguish as the localization will be handled by Nippon Ichi America.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
      Trails Of Cold Steel III has been announced for release in the west this fall. The internet cried in anguish as the localization will be handled by Nippon Ichi America.
      Is that "NIS"? They're the ones people always complain about for censoring stuff, right?

Comment

NIS is Nippon Ichi Software, the original Japanese developer.
        NISA is Nippon Ichi Software America, the studio behind many cringeworthy adaptations. They are know for censoring stuff, altering tone of entire games, poor QA, and terrible translations.
        The outcry about Falcom titles being handled by them also takes in account the excellent job Xseed did in translating and porting to PC past Falcom titles.

Comment

The change of hands won't impact the carry-over of save data, will it? Now I think about it, with it being PS4, is there a way to get Vita data over to continue with?

Comment

This looks like fun...

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              The change of hands won't impact the carry-over of save data, will it? Now I think about it, with it being PS4, is there a way to get Vita data over to continue with?
              I don't remember seeing a carry-over option in the Japanese game.

Comment

It's like someone just went screw it, I'll make my own Ridge Racer game...

Comment

Huh. Looks interesting. The cars are terribly ugly, but it looks like it could potentially play OK...

Comment

Why are people saying this looks like Ridge Racer? It looks like someone vomited skittles over a hotwheels collection.

Comment

Looks like Project Gotham Racing designed by Nyan Cat.

Comment

These things always disappoint

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                          Why are people saying this looks like Ridge Racer? It looks like someone vomited skittles over a hotwheels collection.
                          Yeah, but gameplay-wise, this looks to handle similar. Some the tracks too. Namco should release a new one, based on the first game, but with drizzles of the best bits from other games in the series.

Comment

I'm already hoping the positive response to Ace Combat 7 gets them to revive Ridge as well

Comment

Machinima have made all "their" video private, apparently without consulting with creators in the first place. There's a press release full of corporate blurb about "pivoting content" and "legacy channels", but this is a weird move, even for them.

Comment

Checked Wiki and it sounds like the merger of owners Warner Bros and AT&T has just gone through, the plan seems to be to start launching new content so the old stuff has been pulled as they aim to relaunch it as sorts. Suppose it lets them go over old ground afresh if the old stuff isn't there etc

Comment

Working...
                                X