No announcement yet.

Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more Youtube vids from Spurs: highlights of the legends match and a drone fly-through of the new stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
      You need to get quite lucky and time it just right. If you get into the queue too late you'll never get a ticket, but the site also logs you out automatically after 30 minutes so if you log on really early and get straight in it's also no good as your login will run out before the tickets go on sale!

I'd try logging on earlier at around 9:00, 9:10, if you can. If you get straight through into the site without queuing, or the queue is really quick, log out, wait a couple of minutes, then reload the site. You want to be in enough of a queue that you don't get onto the site before 9:30, but not so much of a queue that you're in it for too long and the tickets sell out.

It's a right pain in the arse and I am bloody thankful I have a season ticket! The Brighton match is probably your best chance for a ticket this season, considering the others are a CL match, a London derby, and the final match of the season.

I wish you the best of luck!
      Thanks for that, I didn't know any of that! I'll try again tomorrow (I know....CL tickets might be a bit popular...) and then Thursday....

Enjoy tomorrow, should be an absolutely cracking night (dare I say it, as long as we win...).

Comment

Thanks for posting the Spurs Legends highlights.

Some superb goals. I know they had more time than they would have done in a really competitive match but there was some class finishes, particularly the Robby Keane and D. Berbatov ones and Darren Anderton's pass for the first goal was equally noteworthy.

Wolves certainly did us a favour beating MU; they would have moved into third place above us if they'd won but now we have a game in hand. Just hope we don't mess it up against Crystal Palace.
        Last edited by fallenangle; 02-04-2019, 23:13.

Comment

Half time, everything looks amazing, we're pushing without creating loads of chances...but bloody hell, we need to win. Chelsea winning, so that's us 5th at the moment.

I've been thinking 'don't let them score the first goal in the new stadium' and 'make sure we win.' I'd currently take 1-0 courtesy of an own goal..

I'm also rather nervous...almost glad I'm not there!

Comment

Blimey, we beat Palace by a score other than 1-0 for a change! Decent match, we deserved the win, Palace had a couple of chances here and there but it was pretty much all Spurs, and both the goals at our end of the stadium.

I enjoyed the short but sweet opening ceremony, enough to make it feel like a very special occasion but not so long that it felt over the top. Very well done.

I don't usually take too many videos or photos when I'm at a match as 1. I want to be part of the signing and cheering, not filming it, and 2. Any video or photo I've taken at a match I look at maybe once after the match and then never look at it again! I felt like I had to get a couple yesterday though, so here's a quick vid of the view from our seats:

So, yeah, love the new stadium, and great to get back to winning ways and mark the opening match with three points. Hopefully we can kick on now and make sure we have a full season of Champions League football here next season, rather than just the quarter and semi final we're going to have this season

Comment

So, yeah, love the new stadium, and great to get back to winning ways and mark the opening match with three points. Hopefully we can kick on now and make sure we have a full season of Champions League football here next season, rather than just the quarter and semi final we're going to have this season
              Nice to see you're as optimistic as I am!

Well, after trying at every opportunity to get a ticket, and failing, I've hit upon a successful method - give your other half one's membership card so that they can try from the safety of their own office, rather than trying oneself on a mobile phone in an open-plan office. One ticket for the CL Quarter Final snagged I'm in the same stand as you took that vid from last night - or, as my other half put it, 'You're in the wavy section, towards the front....' Row 6, by the right-hand goal post - don't throw anything down on me!

Managed to watch the game on a dodgy stream last night and it was certainly nerve-wracking. Although we played well, the first half was tight and at 1-0...there was an element of 'please don't let us concede a late equaliser and ruin it all...' about it.

Comment

We're in row 61 so you should be safe, I don't think my throwing strength is quite good enough to reach row 6

Well done to your partner for nabbing a ticket! Should be an epic night, and if we can get a positive result to add to the Palace win it should really kick out momentum up a big notch.

Comment

Everton certainly did us a favour yesterday by beating Arsenal.

If Liverpool can give Chelsea a good seeing too on Sunday and Spurs get the result they should do against Huddersfield on Saturday then there will be less pressure on us to get something from the MC Premiership game the week after.
                  Last edited by fallenangle; 08-04-2019, 21:02.

Comment

I don’t have much voice left...but luckily that isn’t needed to type! COYS!!

Lloris and Son...just fantastic. And the noise, the atmosphere...incredible. We’re bloody well home! .

Comment

Awesome night! Great seat pick for you TonyDA, in exactly the right place for the Lloris save and the Son goal.

Last summer when I was buying the season tickets for me and my brother I had a couple in the front row of the north upper and a couple in the south stand in my basket, and we ummed and ahhed over which to choose. We ended up deciding that no matter how good an unobstructed front row view might, we'd regret it if we missed out on being part of the south stand for the big matches. Last night proved it to be a VERY wise choice! And our view is excellent anyway.

Great performance and a deserved win. Apart from his magnificent penalty save Lloris didn’t have much to do at all, maybe three or four routine saves from long range shots. We did superbly at the back to blunt their attackers. Sissoko and Winks were excellent in the middle, breaking up their play and starting attacks of our own.

Did very well up front ourselves too, had some decent shots and a few situations where a quicker or better pass would have put us in on goal for a good chance. A shame to see Kane go off, I really hope he isn’t out for the rest of the season, but Poch didn’t seem very hopeful after the match. Lucas did very well when he came on though and his direct running gave Man City a new problem to deal with.

Anyway, clean sheet so no away goals for Man City and a 1-0 advantage to take to their place. Get an away goal of our own up there and we’re in a great position (assuming we don’t let in loads before we do ).

Edit: Oh, and whatever happens now, we did at least make sure our London Underground advertising poster eventually became true!

Last edited by EJG1980; 10-04-2019, 08:46.

Comment

I’ve never been part of an atmosphere like that last night. Literally on my feet singing all evening - work colleagues keep asking me if I have a cold, as I sound awful. In a great place for the penalty save, was slightly covered for the goal - so what I saw was Son running to the byline, everyone groaning because he’d miscontrolled it, then he popped back into sight, disappeared...and everyone started jumping and screaming! I assumed he’d scored, so did the same!

The clean sheet could be the difference, although I expect them to throw the kitchen sink at us from the first minute. Still, a lot of people thought we’d be out of it after last night when the draw was made, and that’s far from it!

Comment

Yep, fantastic win and a very professional performance last night. Listening to it on BBC5 LS the sound the crowd was making came over very strongly - they clearly built the stadium with its acoustics in mind.

Nearly had a fit when MC were awarded that VAR penalty and almost had another when Lloris saved it.

Shame about HK but as has been proven time and time again Spurs are not a one key man team, others like Son, Ali, Eriksen, Lucas and even Llorente all have goals in them. But MC will undoubtedly do as TonyDA said: throw the kitchen sink at us in the second leg so Spurs will have to be as good defensively all over again. It is a job half done but a damned good start.

Comment

The inclusion of the 17,500 single tier south stand was such a good idea. A lot of bigger modern stadiums suffer because they always have the lucrative corporate tiers in a ring around the middle of the stadium. Makes it harder to get chants going as the natural spreading of the chant gets blocked or diluted by the corporate tier that won't join in. So having 17.5K fans in one big uninterrupted block really helps.

The Huddersfield match will be a good test of how noisy it can get for a "normal" match. It's an early kick off too, which doesn't usually help the atmosphere. Fingers crossed we have plenty of Spurs goal to cheer!

Speaking of the Huddersfield match, there are probably about... 150-200 ish tickets available on the ticket exchange from season ticket holders who can't make the match. Thought I'd mention it just in case.

Comment

The inclusion of the 17,500 single tier south stand was such a good idea. A lot of bigger modern stadiums suffer because they always have the lucrative corporate tiers in a ring around the middle of the stadium. Makes it harder to get chants going as the natural spreading of the chant gets blocked or diluted by the corporate tier that won't join in. So having 17.5K fans in one big uninterrupted block really helps.

The Huddersfield match will be a good test of how noisy it can get for a "normal" match. It's an early kick off too, which doesn't usually help the atmosphere. Fingers crossed we have plenty of Spurs goal to cheer!

Speaking of the Huddersfield match, there are probably about... 150-200 ish tickets available on the ticket exchange from season ticket holders who can't make the match. Thought I'd mention it just in case.
                              You're a star! Just saw this, logged on, and managed to get two tickets together for Huddersfield - South Stand, Block 251. A little bit further back than I was on Tuesday...so a good test of atmosphere for a 'normal' match. You wait a long time for a ticket....and two opportunities come along at once!

Comment

Its been reported by the BBC yesterday and now confirmed "that examinations have revealed that Dele Alli fractured his left hand during Tuesday's fixture."

So likely DA as well as HK out for at least the next game and the HK injury, said in some reports, will rule him out for the rest of the season.

Not great news but if Spurs can not beat Huddersfield with the players we do have available then they deserve to drop out of the top four positions.

Comment

Working...
                                X