Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patent of the new DS5.

Comment

Given how conservative it is hopefully the focus has gone on build quality improvements, not a fan of smaller analogues though

Comment

I bet the touchpad glows.

Comment

Controller wise its evolution not revolution.

Haptic feedback in the triggers.
          Bigger battery.
          Better ergonomics.

Comment

Alleged leak November 20th 2020 and $499

Comment

Can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                Alleged leak November 20th 2020 and $499
                So, $100 more than the PS4 at launch? Dunno, I think it'll still be $399. The technology that should be in there will be impressive but 500 bucks is a tough pill to swallow.

Comment

Will we get a first edition console that doesn't sound like a hoover? Goddamn my PS4 fatty is a noisy flocker.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    Will we get a first edition console that doesn't sound like a hoover? Goddamn my PS4 fatty is a noisy flocker.
                    I took mine apart and gave it a deep clean, it sounds about 10% better. It's now the volume of a motorway rather than the saturnV rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      So, $100 more than the PS4 at launch? Dunno, I think it'll still be $399. The technology that should be in there will be impressive but 500 bucks is a tough pill to swallow.
                      I think Sony are willing to take a major loss on the hardware. It really sounds like that's going to be their strategy so they can have a hugely positive launch and get people to crossover from the PS4 early on. I can see why people think it will be $500/£500, but my impression is that Sony are serious about making the PS5 a huge hit in the first year, so they'll have to price it at $399/£399 to secure that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        Honestly the reason I use my Xbox for everything but exclusives now. My PS4 is deafening at full fan speed during games, and makes weird clicking noises when the fan is running at a low speed, e.g. on the dash or in rest mode.

I did the whole take it apart, clean the dust out thing but aside from absorbing most of a Sunday afternoon, it didn’t do much.

Comment

Honestly, I don't believe the leak for one minute. I think the release date for both PS5 and XB4 has long been really easy to swing a fairly accurate guess at so I doubt that's come from anything of substance and the price feels like the same old attention grabbing nonsense we always get. I'm all in that the most likely price is $399, maybe a shade more depending on what they think XB4 will weigh in at but neither are going to want to risk being out priced by their rival especially both have received a kicking for making that very mistake before.

Comment

£349 is deffo the sweet spot. I could see maybe £379 though, and £399 as an absolute maximum.

Comment

I see both coming in at £420 to £450.

Comment

If we see a price drop for Pro/XBX within the next 6 or so months then £349 will be a hard lock for the next gen systems, £379 at the most. £400+ = dead on arrival

Comment

Working...
                                X