User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/wait-ven...to-spider-man/

It seems like the likeliest interpretation is that the Spiderman spin-offs will exist within the MCU but their events won't tie in to the mainline storylines and beyond possibly Spiderman it's unlikely anyone else will appear. They're effectively side-films in the same sense that the mainline films don't acknowledge the events of the MCU TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/wait-ven...to-spider-man/

It seems like the likeliest interpretation is that the Spiderman spin-offs will exist within the MCU but their events won't tie in to the mainline storylines and beyond possibly Spiderman it's unlikely anyone else will appear. They're effectively side-films in the same sense that the mainline films don't acknowledge the events of the MCU TV series.
    I just really hope Fox doesn't try to do this with the X-Men. Part of me feels it might happen because the revenue it would likely pick up, but I really want those movies to stay separate from Marvel's offerings, at least until they do a total reboot, wipe the slate and start from scratch. Not everything in that franchise has been an abject failure but I feel it's beyond repair; shame Logan isn't going to be the last as that was one of the better movies in the stable.

Yeah, the X-Men franchise is far too long in the tooth to join the MCU now and even if they went down the reboot avenue to do it, it then feels like the MCU is too far along to add it in too. They're better served kept separate and Fox just needs to sort its house out on it for some consistency as the new timeline is already looking like it will need rebooting into a third soon.

I'm curious about the Spiderman related films. Whilst the MCU mainline films have ignored the TV series and vice versa it must surely be harder to keep that line drawn with the Spiderman films as the TV series characters should be aware of the Spiderman events and vice versa given the close proximity they occur in.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    I'm curious about the Spiderman related films. Whilst the MCU mainline films have ignored the TV series and vice versa it must surely be harder to keep that line drawn with the Spiderman films as the TV series characters should be aware of the Spiderman events and vice versa given the close proximity they occur in.
    Actually I'm not so sure. I mean even in comics themselves, Superman isn't aware of everything Batman does. The X-Men aren't aware of everything The Avengers do.

Technically the Norton Hulk movie is part of the MCU, but the events have never been directly referenced as far as I know, other than the vague "Hulk's done stuff before we see him in The Avengers".

Perfect example is the reference to Thor in Iron Man 2, when Agent Coulson says something like "I've gotta go deal with some problem in Nevada", which ended up being a prelude to his appearance at a key moment of the Thor movie. Stark could just say at some point in the next movie "yeah, he's just a kid, but he shows a lot of promise... When he can stay out of the subway", and that'd be the whole reference to a massive action scene in Spider-Gwen where Spidey's in the subway.

One dude from Norton's Hulk was in one of the other movies... was it Civil War? A Hurt?

I would express a concern of poorer movies stinking up the brand as a whole and dragging it down but I expressed that about 10 movies ago and Marvel have proven me very wrong. So when it comes to how Marvel are running this and what they can pull off, I know nothing.

True, I imagine part of it as well is to keep a sense of detachment in case Sony stumbles with them again. If they prove popular then they can always roll Spiderman more centrally into them later on to expand out.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/silver-b...alks-the-film/

The Silver Sable and Black Cat film is now called Silver & Black and is set to start filming at the years end

http://io9.gizmodo.com/sonys-spider-...ium=socialflow

Now looking very likely that Holland will appear in the other Spiderman spin-off films and that another of the Avengers will feature strongly in the Homecoming sequel.

In the Venom film Tom Hardy will be facing off against Carnage and Sony has apparently also started development on another two spin-offs with one based around Kraven and the other around Mysterio

http://www.darkhorizons.com/feige-te...-ant-man-news/

Feige says we can expect character deaths in Avengers: Infinity War with not everyone making it to the fourth Avengers film.
    The article says Stark and Rogers are the likeliest characters to go.

Personally, I'll be surprised if Downey Jr survives these films. Evans has shown an interest in stepping away from the role however I'm not sure I buy the idea of Marvel ending both of its two most popular characters. I think it's more likely they'd kill Stark and reduce Rogers to more of a supporting role like Downey Jr has been in the last few years, popping up for a bit in other characters films during Phase 4.

It'd reduce Evans work load and help the transition, the main thing being... Evans doesn't command the insane paydays that Downey Jr does so Marvel even saves a mint. I'd expect supporting characters like Hawkeye, Fury etc to be most in danger.