Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up an Xbox One X last week and signed up to GamePass Ultimate, just finished Metro Exodus which looked great, and the story was good, but as with other Metro games I found the control a bit clunky. Still enjoyed it though.

Just started Shadow of the Tomb Raider, which seems to be quite similar to the others, maybe a bit more linear.

Comment

Should I start The Last of Us or Batman: Arkham Knight next?

Comment

No, I don't think so.

Comment

Thanks for your help, doofus!

Comment

Just use your own judgement.

Comment

Arkham Knight is decent, the tank bits are a bit over done. LoU is an easier pick if you want something that's absolutely linear, simple and no fuss though

Comment

More Cuphead.

Played my Switch on the train for the first time. It was lovely but I don't like these colourful neon joy-cons. They look ridiculous. Grey looks much better.

Comment

I was hankerin' to play an Arkham game after I saw the Collection had been announced, so this is good timing with Arkham Knight arriving on PS+.

I spent ages faffing around and PSN being a douche by dropping out and needing a credit card check, so by the time I actually got around to downloading it, it was far too late.

There wasn't enough space for it so ended up clearing out some of my capture videos, but enjoyed watching my horse kill me by riding off a cliff for no reason in RDR2 and watching my multiple attempts to save a town from supermutants in Fallout 4. Kneecapper shotgun FTW!
                  I'm listening to a LitRPG book and it's had me reminiscing about Fallout. So good.

I then just fancied a blast on something so played some Nex Machina and Sky Force, both of which scratched that itch.

Hopefully AK downloaded overnight and is ready to go.
                  Tempted by the Season Pass, which is £4ish atm.

Comment

Much as I try not to these days I started a new game while having one on the go. The one I have on the go is Judgment and it's a big game, so it can smoulder for a good while. Really like what I've played so far.

But the other day, for some reason I started thinking about how much I enjoyed Shadow of Mordor ... and then it occurred to me I hadn't played Shadow of War. So I picked it up on the way home and I'm knee-deep in orc guts again. The game manages to juggle so many things and it does them mainly very well. It's a lot of fun.

Comment

Tonight I'm going to try out the Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Beta but I've pegged my expectations low as so far word is that it's largely a load of guff. After that I'll be putting Astral Chain aside till next week (on File 06) and will be pushing on with Control

Comment

Shadow of War. More of the same really, but bigger and better in all good ways you’d want from a sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Shadow of War. More of the same really, but bigger and better in all good ways you’d want from a sequel.
                          I really enjoyed the first. I was put off from this because of all the microtransations. I think they've been removed is that right? If so I might look for it cheep.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            I really enjoyed the first. I was put off from this because of all the microtransations. I think they've been removed is that right?
                            I knew nothing about them but when you first load up the game you get a message saying it's all been removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              I really enjoyed the first. I was put off from this because of all the microtransations. I think they've been removed is that right? If so I might look for it cheep.
                              Yep they have now been removed, game even tells you so when you first load it up after its been updated fully. There's adverts for its expansion packs but, whatever, thats relevant to the game.

I picked it up from amazon for like £9 odd.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                Yep they have now been removed, game even tells you so when you first load it up after its been updated fully. There's adverts for its expansion packs but, whatever, thats relevant to the game.

I picked it up from amazon for like £9 odd.
                                Cool. I'll have to get it then. The first was supremely satisfying kicking ass once you're skilled up.

Comment

Working...
                                X