Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
    1 year anniversary event is up, all the event content released so far up.

New stuff is fighting a massive Jagras with added Nerg Fist slam, temor attacks and barf move in which he throws up decoration gems, which a pretty good way to get rare dec's by just getting so dam many (gotten about 20-30 a run) you'll end up with the super rare ones (got sprinters which i'd never seen before, 2 more attack, 1 part breaker, another weakness target). Also new armour with some decent stats and alot of decoration slots.
    Nice! I'll jump on that in a min. I did a few runs on Fury of El Dorado yesterday and got some incandescent weapons as rewards.
    Last edited by kryss; 27-01-2019, 14:31. Reason: correcting quest name

Comment

Nice! I'll jump on that in a min. I did a few runs on Rage of El Dorado yesterday and got some incandescent weapons as rewards.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        Nice! I'll jump on that in a min. I did a few runs on Rage of El Dorado yesterday and got some incandescent weapons as rewards.
        The new "Kar" weapons are pretty good upgrade from the King ones, i think there 2 or 3 for each weapon, large elemental or debuff, high critical, and they have Zora's critical boost to elemental dmg or debuff build up.

Comment

Have logged in these past couple of days to get me some appreciation coupons. I'm not sure I've the stomach for catching up on all of the arch-tempered shennanigans I've missed - Behemoth was bad enough the first time, even regular Kushala Daora is up there as one of my least favourite fights, and by the sounds of it, Zorah Magdaros and Xeno'jiva are total arses too.

Greatest Jagras, on the other hand? I did actually cart to him, which was somewhat humiliating, but LOOK AT THIS!

There were 3 gems in there that I'd not had a single drop of from the rest of the game! THREE! This might even be a way to... no... I almost don't want to curse it, but... could this be how I get an attack gem?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I'm scared if I dip in it'll grab me again!
            Been thinking about picking this up again...

Comment

I keep thinking "why did I stop?!" but I know it means I've been able to play some other games, so I've no regrets.

Kinda.

Sorta.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Have logged in these past couple of days to get me some appreciation coupons. I'm not sure I've the stomach for catching up on all of the arch-tempered shennanigans I've missed - Behemoth was bad enough the first time, even regular Kushala Daora is up there as one of my least favourite fights, and by the sounds of it, Zorah Magdaros and Xeno'jiva are total arses
                Arch mobs aren't as bad as extreme behemoth as you can spec defensively for them like using doras own set bonus to negate the wind and then it's just a case of learning the 2 to 3 extra attacks they have.

Arch Zorah is crap but his armour is worth the pain, and xeno flys to much extending the fight and his attacks are easy to read and dodge once you've seen it, all you'll need for him is heat guard.

Comment

I keep thinking "why did I stop?!" but I know it means I've been able to play some other games, so I've no regrets.

Kinda.

Sorta.
                  Yeah same, I rinsed it for a while. Started to feel durty in that, "I've been spending too much time on this MMO" feeling.

But yeah, I needed to play other games. I may get it to jump into every now and again.

Comment

What's the general consensus on a good weapon to play these days?

I used the samurai sword after the glaive was too little reward for the effort.
                    I liked doing the super combo finish.

Comment

What's the general consensus on a good weapon to play these days?

I used the samurai sword after the glaive was too little reward for the effort.
                      I liked doing the super combo finish.
                      Switch axe, big combo, you get an axe and sword, you get big mfing explosions. Build the Great Jagras axe as it a good beginners weapon with paralyze on the axe and exhaust on the sword.

I'm always changing up what play with and Kulve raid provided loads of rank8 weapons to mess with. If i need to get serious i usually go Hunting Horn, LBG(with targeted triple shot elemental weaknesses), or switch axe.

Comment

I've dabbled a little in the arena (mainly with weapons I used in older games - Hammer, Sword & Shield, Great Sword...), but almost all of my time has been with the Charge Blade. It gets a rep of being very technical - but once you get a feel for it, I find the rhythms of it incredibly satisfying, with your bigger hits really carrying a really pleasing weight.

Generally speaking though - the game's balanced excellently across the different weapon types, and it's really more about how you want to be playing, how much you like pushing buttons, whether you're comfortable taking a support role, where you feel most comfortable being in relation to the monster during the hunt, and so on. The other thing is whether or not you want to try and address the balance of the player base - Long Sword users are two-a-penny, and not to cast aspersions here, but some of them are... overly aggressive... whereas when I see someone with a Hunting Horn join the group, I'm generally expecting them to be a bit more patient and focused on the team.

Comment

double post somehow

Comment

Thanks, [MENTION=938]Tobal[/MENTION]!

I've tried all the weapons at some point and despite going all Devil May Cry with the glaive, it barely did any damage, even when I had it fully charged, which was a total faff in the middle of a battle!

Ended up with the "boring" Long Sword as it was most satisfying.

I tried the Switch Axe, but probably needed to persevere to make good use of it.
                            It's hella powerful done right.

I actually quite like a support role, so should probably investigate getting the Horn (fnarr fnarr).

Comment

It's been a while, you will probably want to practice with it on your own for a bit before subjecting anyone else to that racket

Comment

You should tell that to everyone who kept failing the Great Jagras quest with me last night! ...sadly including myself...

Comment

Working...
                                X