Lotus II RECS - 1993

FIFA Soccer - 1993

Mutant League Football - 1993

Skitchin' - 1994

Rugby World Cup - 1994

International Tennis Tour - 1994

Mutant League Hockey - 1994

Toughman Contest - 1995

Which one do you like the most? If it's a series of games -- just choose a particular edition.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 26-10-2018, 21:28.

Being non-sporty Road Rash for me thrashes everything else on the list

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Being non-sporty Road Rash for me thrashes everything else on the list
      I really like the 3DO version -- played it for months and months back in 1994. It's still fun to go back to. I wish EA would make a modern Road Rash.

Comment

Including Super Baseball 2020 in this list is a real stretch.

Everybody knows that it is a Neo-Geo game originally made by SNK. Also, EA didn't develop the MD port - they only published it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          Including Super Baseball 2020 in this list is a real stretch.
          Well, the fact that EA published the MD version means it's a valid inclusion. Anyway, if someone chose Baseball 2020 -- it would be a real mark of respect for the developer. It really doesn't matter that EA published the MD version.

EA published a lot of games that weren't made in-house.
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 26-10-2018, 23:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
            Well, the fact that EA published the MD version means it's a valid inclusion. Anyway, if someone chose Baseball 2020 -- it would be a real mark of respect for the developer. It really doesn't matter that EA published the MD version.

EA published a lot of games that weren't made in-house.
            Yeah like the John Madden, Fifa and PGA Golf on the MD lol.

Back on topic, its a real a tough call as I love PGA Golf III so much, but I would have go give it to Madden 92- The perfect sequel and the best 2 player sports game of the 16 bit generation imo.

Comment

Still no Buck Rogers...

Comment

Lotus isn't EA either, tenuous at best.

Anyway, absolutely love Road Rash, MD and especially the PS1 port of the 3DO game. Also FIFA 95 is the best FIFA game until around 2006!

Comment

PGA III for me. Had the same great playability as the first two games with the presentation turned up several notches.

Road Rash, Madden, FIFA and NHL were all bloody marvellous.

I agree with what others have said about some of the EA published games in the list being a little incongruous. I mean, really, who is going to choose Lotus when it’s just a port of an Amiga game that’s nowhere near the quality of the original? And it’s a game by Gremlin (or was it Magnetic something-or-other?), not EA.
                  Last edited by samanosuke; 27-10-2018, 21:48.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post

Also FIFA 95 is the best FIFA game until around 2006!
                    I beg to differ and say that FIFA Championship Edition was the best FIFA 16-bit game made untill the 32-Bit generation on the 3DO

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      Back on topic, its a real a tough call as I love PGA Golf III so much, but I would have go give it to Madden 92- The perfect sequel and the best 2 player sports game of the 16 bit generation imo.
                      Yeah, both of them are great. Those games made me enjoy American football and golf. I also have no interest in hockey, but spent loads of time playing NHL Hockey 92 with a friend.

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      Still no Buck Rogers...

You'll have to do with these lovely ladies from Buck Rogers.

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                      Well, it's not like I've got it wrong -- EA published a lot of games that weren't made in-house. So if you see EA as a publisher, including games like Baseball 2020 and Lotus is fine.

Of course, I do get the fact that games like Madden, PGA, and NHL scream "EA" more than some other games on the list, but I decided it would be more interesting to celebrate the broad range of sports & racing games EA published.

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                      I mean, really, who is going to choose Lotus when it’s just a port of an Amiga game that’s nowhere near the quality of the original? And it’s a game by Gremlin (or was it Magnetic something-or-other?), not EA.

I can only assume that Gremlin didn't have the cash to publish both Lotus games for the Mega Drive, so they did a deal with EA. I clearly remember seeing the boxes on shelves and you'd think they were EA racing games. Some people might look at the games listed and feel that a Lotus game is their favourite of the bunch.

So, sometimes I focus on a developer, such as The Bitmap Brothers, and sometimes it's a publisher. It's just a fact that EA published a lot of games that weren't made in-house, or were published by other companies for different formats.

I get that people look back and focus on Madden, NHL Hockey, PGA, Road Rash -- but my list shows that EA delivered a lot more than that. I think it's a positive thing that the company published games that might not have reached the market without them funding it. Super Baseball 2020 for the MD is a prime example.
                      Last edited by Leon Retro; 28-10-2018, 06:03.

Comment

Working...
                      X