PVM Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    They sent me a new cable despite being a month out of warranty, which was very nice.
    how's the new one and do they know what the issue is? I always thought that it a problem resulting from the cable not fitting snuggly on the connector causing slight connection issues but is it something more than this?

Comment

Well they've always been a bit loose. The new one is loose too. I'm constantly switching scart so maybe the ever so slight movement with the cable takes its toll on the pins over time. No idea really without opening them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
        dvdx2 posted a good alternative here
        Thanks for the heads up with this!

Comment

Spotted a 1444QM on eBay in Kingston, being sold as spares with a supposedly dark image.

If nobody else bids I think I’ll snag that and do a recap, seems like it’s worth a look at least.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Spotted a 1444QM on eBay in Kingston, being sold as spares with a supposedly dark image.

If nobody else bids I think I’ll snag that and do a recap, seems like it’s worth a look at least.
            I think you should, for the practice if anything. That way I can send you my boards in future. It's actually something I wouldn't mind that we do together. I'd cover your time of course. That said I could probably do it myself once I become reasonable with an iron.

You think you'll blitz everything, or simply follow SavonPats suggestions (with cap kit)?
            Last edited by dataDave; 01-03-2019, 15:15.

Comment

Replacing caps isn’t exactly rocket science, the most difficult bit is acquiring a suitable set of replacements tbh. I’m planning to recap my KX14-CP1 at some point too, though that has a full cap list in the service manual. That monitor is from the mid 80s and not a PVM though so that should be a bunch less work.

I’d likely try and target the areas that should be suspect on this other monitor, or an obvious caps before doing a full recap. Shouldn’t strictly need a full recap for a mid 90s monitor I think? Couldn’t hurt going forward though!

Comment

My BVM is still for sale for £200 now if you fancy a new one buyer pulled out last minute.
                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I'm not especially fond of the width of your unit, although I'm sure the image looks stellar. If I wasn't so content with my KX14-CP1 I think I'd probably be chasing after yours...

Comment

That's what happens when you're spoiled by form factor. I'd like a 20"-er, or bigger (oo er) - but to be honest my retro trolley is kind of cute with a 14".

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                      My BVM is still for sale for £200 now if you fancy a new one buyer pulled out last minute.
                      I’m Tempted, but I think id miss those extra six inches.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                        I’m Tempted, but I think id miss those extra six inches.
                        Must resist, 'That's what she said,' comment.
                        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Those sony BVM’s are in a whole new league of quality, over any pvm I have seen. The image really needs to be seen to be believed. 14” is fine to play on too. Get em while you can boys, as Its going into rocking horse poop territory now, trying to obtain them....

Comment

I too think 14" is absolutely fine, though I must admit I sit a few feet at most from my display. I think text heavy games can benefit from a large screen though, like JRPGs. Oh and having bad eyes wouldn't help either!

Comment

He’s some quick and dirty shots from a bvm 14e5e (slightly higher TVL lined model)

Image C0278948-C2-FA-44-D2-B040-39-FC253-BFBE4 hosted in ImgBB

Image ED4307-BB-8-FAF-4879-A317-FD05-D350-EF23 hosted in ImgBB

Image 7407-F7-A9-7626-4-F17-ADEA-2-CFCAEEF3-EB5 hosted in ImgBB

Image B0-AE0-CDB-C2-E8-4-D37-AC30-71-D699-C52-A33 hosted in ImgBB

Image CBB2-A72-D-CBE4-4-C3-E-8732-D0-CAB9-DDAB25 hosted in ImgBB

Image B0-FE3929-8-F74-4-CB3-BEB5-D51-CB0-D99-A6-B hosted in ImgBB

Image FD8575-A8-4212-4-EDA-850-E-203-FE240-F252 hosted in ImgBB

Image 16162-DBD-BB39-4-A6-D-A084-6-E4-D636-A0141 hosted in ImgBB

Image 90260-F30-8788-4-BAE-BB13-B99984-A97-F4-A hosted in ImgBB

And and idea of the geometry and convergence you can get with the OSD

Image 7656-BE59-6338-408-A-9108-412832-F46-F28 hosted in ImgBB
                              Last edited by dvdx2; 01-03-2019, 22:02.

Comment

Oh no, someone must have sent a best offer on that monitor I mentioned because the listing has ended. Oh well!

Comment

Working...
                                X