Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to the Chimpmeister I was playing Titanfall 2 (£2.95 delivered) last night. Pretty good fun! Already had £3 of fun with it at least.

Comment

Resi 2. The camera is giving me a headache. Really wish they'd done it with a fixed camera like in the original and the first remake or first person like in VII. You can't get close enough to see anything properly since you're so far away from Leon's head, it's terrible for immersion. Doesn't help that they went way overboard with the darkness, so not only are you too far away to make out any of the details or appreciate the amazing graphics and they can't highlight anything you should be paying attention to with camera angles, your view is also restricted to the small circle of light thrown out by your torch, which is only about 30% of the screen. It's such a relief to get into a room with a light source (and not the relief from horror that it should be). It's like taking an aspirin. Not to mention the torchlight is constantly hitting highly reflective objects and bits of wall so ypu can't tell what's really there. And look at all the tight corridors! In first person/real life, you have peripheral vision so you can see what's on either side, but in this you're constantly having to swing the camera from side to side to see if there are doors or windows or items of interest. Migraine city! Maybe this is because I haven't played a non-VR game on my TV since Horizon Zero Dawn came out...

Comment

[MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] I'd totally forgotten to get that at the weekend, so I've just ordered a copy.
        Several people on here gave it a good review and I've been meaning to get it since going current gen. Three paaaand?! Bar gin!
        [MENTION=11521]noobish hat[/MENTION] you're the first person who hasn't fallen in love with Resi 2, so it's nice to hear some alternative opinions.

Comment

Started Mass Effect 2, seems alright so far. Not a fan of the PC port though. Why do I have to press the Esc key and click on the squad tab instead of just pressing U to access my character screen like in Mass Effect 1? Why does the scroll wheel not work in menus and why can you only change the mouse sensitivity by selecting low, medium or high? Even at low it's far too sensitive. There's some really questionable decisions here.

I also don't seem to be able to register the Cerberus DLC.

Comment

It’s been mostlyl about the shmups this week so far. Psyvariar Delta and Ketsui Dethtiny. Very different styles of shmup so it’s easy to be plugging away at both of them. I was looking for the Ketsuipachi mode in Dethtiny but doesn’t look like it has it.
            Also nearly completed the main game mode of Tetris Effect. When it decides to up the speed yikes! Can’t see me going back to Tetris Grand Master on the 360 after this.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              It’s been mostlyl about the shmups this week so far.
              I fancy some shmup action after praising R-Type in Leon's thread.

I have both R-Types (PS1) and R-Type Final (PS2), but I'll have to fire up the PS3 to play either.
              I looked if they're on the PS store, but they're not. R-Type Dimensions is on there and that came with PS+ at some point.

I also want to play Titanfall 2 after it arrived and my Secret Santa game.

However, I'm still enjoying RDR2, so will carry on with that.
              Current story-procrastination task: making satchels.
              If I get a perfect panther pelt, I can make the super pouch that holds more of everything.

Went looking for the panther, but the panther found. Panicked and filled it's feline face with shotgun pellets, so I'm trying to get another to spawn to get the drop on it.

Comment

and Ketsui Dethtiny
                Was there supposed to be a dlc code in the box with this game? A sticker on the front implies something included. I bought it a few weeks back and expected to have to redeem a code or two on the Jpn Store Is the dlc simply included on the disc of the first pressings?

I was looking for the Ketsuipachi mode
                I'd love it if it was included. One of the best arrange modes ever ... and something I miss not having a Jpn 360 anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Was there supposed to be a dlc code in the box with this game? A sticker on the front implies something included. I bought it a few weeks back and expected to have to redeem a code or two on the Jpn Store Is the dlc simply included on the disc of the first pressings?

I'd love it if it was included. One of the best arrange modes ever ... and something I miss not having a Jpn 360 anymore.
                  I thought the same about the DLC so fired the game up with my Japanese PSN account. Looks like the new mode and soundtrack are there already.

Comment

I've been playing Dead Space 3 on the Xbone. It's not as good as 2 by a long chalk. And there were some massive framerate drops on the very first snow bit, there's a point where you reach a burning spaceship, pop the door wit yo gun, then three humans in army suits run out.

Framerate dropped to like 6fps, choppy like an FPS like Delta Force on PS1 with grenade explosions goin on.

I don't know if this game suffers when played on the Xbone or what but this don't feel right at all

Can anyone who's a veteran of the 360 version let us know the score???

Comment

Plugging away at Mass Effect 2. Enjoying it overall, just picked up Garrus but no Tali or Wrex yet. I managed to get the DLC working using this.

I also started Langrisser on Android. I'm not much of a mobile phone game kind of guy really but it's been fun so far.

Comment

New Super Mario Bros Deluxe - Halfway through the final world so may be done with it today, about ready for it to end too

Red Dead Redemption II - About a third of the way into Chapter 5 now, can't imagine this chapter takes too long but not sure if I want to push on or wait till the weekend to cave in and start Resi 2

Comment

Red Dead Redemption 2
                          I'm still loving this and I'm really surprised how much the chatter has died off on here over such a big release!
                          Each time I log on I have another adventure and am constantly distracted and lose all track of time.

So my session last night started with me staring at the moonlight reflecting on a river.
                          I'd started crafting the satchels, which may sound like a tame handicraft session, but to get all the components, I nearly drowned swimming to an island with geckos, gored by a wild boar (he was wild after I shot at him!) and slashed apart by cougar claws.

I wanted the satchel that gave me more inventory space for herbs (da 'erb) to complete the current herbalist challenge, but I only had a few animals to get to unlock all the satchels. So I got distracted on the way to a distraction.
                          Anyway, I had all but the cougar pelt, so thought I'd count my losses and take what I did have back to camp.
                          Withing seconds of getting on my horse, it gets spooked by - a cougar! I hurriedly drew my bow with poison arrows and aimed at those glowing feline eyes. I followed it to where it laid dying, finished it off and claimed my final perfect pelt.

Back at camp, I visited Pearson who crafted the "Legend of the Plains" satchel, which was WELL worth the effort as there is now space for 99 of every item!

On with the herbalist challenge - make and consume 5 super potions (yarrow, burdock and currant).
                          I achieved this, but it wasn't a straight route. On the way, I accidentally knocked a man off his horse and his mate took umbridge with that and started shooting, so I killed him too. Then the feds turned up, so I had to outrun them. Hit a dead end, so took a stand. I then had to get to the post office to pay my bounty, but on the way I went past a lake with a waterfall and wondered if there was any treasure behind it, there wasn't, but it told me a legendary fish was nearby, so I started fishing.

Caught a massive fish, but not the legendary one, so stowed the fish and went to the other side of the lake. This time I bagged the big one, but couldn't stow two fish, so ate the first fish and stowed the legendary one.
                          Got to the post office, posted the fish to the celebrity fisher and some pelts for a different challenge and paid off my bounty.

On with the herbs (again)!

Headed to a currant site, but saw some hicks robbing some townsfolk they'd murdered, so sniped them from the higher ground (Obi Wan taught me well), but one ran behind me, but he failed and joined his comrades in death.
                          The hicks and herbs were right by a lake, and I wondered if another legendary fish wsa in there - it was! So I went fishing again, but got the fish first time!

Set off again. Found my last burdock root, but noticed a "?" on the map nearby, so went to it.
                          Found a guy who collects all the cigarette cards I've been picking up , so yet another collect 'em up to embark on

However, he was right next to the train station with some guys playing poker and realised it was the final place to make somebody bust out at poker in the gambling challenges, so sat down for some Texas Hold 'Em.
                          It was a monumental battle with people getting bankrupted by other players until it was just me and the chip leader left. I whittled him down and suckered him into some great hands or some lucky ones and finally made him bust!

So I got the ultimate satchel, a herbalist challenge, a gambling challenge, two skins and two legendary fish.

Oh bollocks. It's now 1:37 am.

Comment

Back in the saddle for more RDR2.

Current distraction: Herbolagist Level 9 (Collect 43 herbs and plants)
                            I'm moseying around the map looking for the various plants, herbs and orchids. The latter mainly seems to be in the Southern part of the map, so lots of swamps full of crocs and snakes which makes my horse throw me off.
                            It's also really spooky at night and I found and a desolate shanty town that I feared wouldn't be so empty at night...

I was looking for one orchid and a

bloodstained man came up to me saying him and his wife had been attacked, he'd escaped but his wife needed saving. I rode up to the crawdaddy shack, hogtied the men saying they were going to have "a little fun" with the tied-up wife, then I set her free.
                            I wanted to take them to the police but because the game can be a bit shonky, I feared the police would arrest me instead, so I wondered what to do with the would-be rapists.

I fed them to the crocodiles.

I also found this hanging from a tree in the swamps. Yikes, that's big!

My orchid-seeking adventures took me to a mansion in the swamps, but I ventured a little too close and a bunch of ex-soldiers who opened fire on me. I got into cover and sniped then from afar until all the dots disappeared. I counted up how many men I'd just killed and it was 16. Sixteen men slaughtered just because they interrupted me picking a flower.

I dumped all the bodies in the empty fountain outside, bar one guy on a balcony I couldn't reach.

Now, I've been doing some testing and I've found a way to glitch into locked buildings.
                            I think some are just facades, but others are opening later or in specific missions and have complete interiors.
                            Basically, you get your lantern out and a pistol and aim at the door in 3rd-person. As you shift to 1st-person view, your head is sometimes beyond the door, so you jump forwards and end up inside the building.

I got it to work twice - at a barn where sinister cackles can be heard at night (there was a lot of bones inside) and at this enemy hideout. Found a couple of rare cards but nothing else of note, but sneaking around locked properties at night with just my lantern casting shadows made me feel like an urban explorer!

I threw the final enemy corpse off the balcony and made my way outside again. I threw his body in the fountain with the other fifteen men foolish enough to open fire on me. I tossed a Molotov cocktail on them and watched their bodies burn as the sun rose.

Then I turned and set off to finally collect my orchid, undisturbed.

Comment

Ha Ha QC - RDR2 certainly is a time sink. I've not spent anytime with it recently as I've been hammering my PS4 instead of the 'BoneX. I'm almost at the end of the game - going to finish the story first and then mop up the rest of the challenges. Some o them I'm not sure I'll ever get done & I know I need the other part of the map to open for the rest of the legendary animals. Might get back to this on the weekend!! As I've said before I have a love/hate relationship with this game. The highs are VERY HIGH but the lows are very low. Riding around exploring fishing and hunting are the things I love to do most. It really is a stunning looking game.

I've been revisiting Bloodborne and DS3 as well as AC Chronicles on Vita. I've forgotten how awesome Bloodborne is. I'm doing a Bloodtinge/Skill build with the Cane - I pretty much used the Axe on my main character last time. Cannot wait to get the katana and start kicking butt. It's so cool remembering bits of the maps and short cuts. There are still heaps of peeps summoning so enoying jolly co-op.

Comment

I was back playing Dead Space 3 earlier, despite my initial lack of confidence after slowdown at the start of the game (360 playing on Xbone). It was only in that very first bit, this game runs like a beast now.

It's not as good as the first two, it's still gutsy but it's more like a 'hard 15' this time, it's still Dead Space and the worst part is truly the lack of Save Stations, it relies on checkpoints. I don't like this, I don't understand this yet.

But it seems good, so far, if a step down a little bit in the enemies. But some AMAZING lighting, this looks this gen at points.

The crafting and upgrading I really need to learn. I reckon it will be the pivotal satisfaction point of this game.

Anyway, I'm on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X