User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by toythatkills View Post
    Don't see what difference that'll make, really, so I doubt it!
    I've noticed with a few high value items that sellers film themselves packing and posting just due to the scammers, the case on Nintendo age is truly horrifying:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/message...hreadid=162891

I think I would ask for money via BACS or old fashioned cheque for anything more than 200.
    I got ripped off by a buyer from Estonia earlier this year saying he hadn't received a PS4 game bought off ebay from me. I only lost 30 but that pissed me off as Paypal/Ebay didn't give a **** and sided with the buyer.

With eBay, you have to offer Paypal (on top of any other method), so if they chose to pay that way, you have to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Moleman View Post
    I've noticed with a few high value items that sellers film themselves packing and posting just due to the scammers, the case on Nintendo age is truly horrifying:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/message...hreadid=162891
    I just don't see what good it'd do unless you filmed yourself packing it, then walking to the post office and leaving it there, then waited outside to film the van picking it up all in one video with no breaks... otherwise at any point you could just switch stuff out!

The guy is paying by bank transfer, no idea at all how easy that would be to recall if he desired to do it, might get in touch with my bank to ask the question or just close all my accounts when I've posted it for safety

Bank transfer should be fine, it's the gaping holes in PayPal/eBay that really put me off...

Not meaning to worry you or anything it was just simple curiosity.

Nah it's alright, I was worried anyway, it's my default position when using eBay even for regular value items!

Quote Originally Posted by doodledude View Post
    I think I would ask for money via BACS or old fashioned cheque for anything more than 200.
    I got ripped off by a buyer from Estonia earlier this year saying he hadn't received a PS4 game bought off ebay from me. I only lost 30 but that pissed me off as Paypal/Ebay didn't give a **** and sided with the buyer.
    If you shipped by EBay's Global Shipping Service, surely eBay would need to honour it from their non delivery...

Thanks, I heard about the Global shipping service a few days after all the trouble started, so I signed up to it for future dealings!

Quote Originally Posted by 112 View Post
    If you shipped by EBay's Global Shipping Service, surely eBay would need to honour it from their non delivery...