Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apex Legends - f2p Battle Royale out now (Xbox One, PS4 & PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    Loving this. But then I loved TF2.

Played half a dozen games last night with Randombs and managed a few third places.

Would be nice to play with friends who communicate.

On PS4: teddymeowUK. Let's go!!
    Dig at Randombs there?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      Dig at Randombs there?
      Oops. Meant random users.

Comment

There are definite touches of brilliance in this such as the ability to not only heal and save your teammate but also bring them back from the dead if you manage to grab their ID token and get it to a respawn beacon.

That and being able to perform finishers on people, which genuinely surprised me the first time I was on the receiving end.

The only issue I have with it right now is I'm terrible at it. The gun play is decent but at range the bullet speed and recoil makes it hard to really peg anyone with a whole clip but that said it's early days. It does feel very much like Titanfall without the pilot athletics.

Comment

There is a distinct lack of aim assist and god does it make it hard

Comment

Gave it good few hours, it didn't get on with it at first as 4 party's in a row had separated up and that is pretty much a game ender. But after that, i got a string of parties that used the ping well, and even got a win on my 7th go using the Samoan tank which is the only character i can get along with, the next match had me posted as champion and has my teammates and i plaster on all the flags... ended up 2nd on that on after i accidently caught my airstrike on an some sign sticking out of a building which proceeded to kill me, and 3rd place team along with me.

Pros -
            small map
            infinity slide
            limited weapons and ammo types
            only menu time is looting enemy boxes after you've killed them
            Solid gunplay
            Built on team play
            BF's Ping system helps with and without teamtalk

Cons
            rounds 4,5,6 timers are way to long, resulting in 20mins+ matches
            locking out characters on selection screen
            1 person soloing messes it up for everyone
            characters are ugly
            small amounts of earned currency, at most 600 coins, on random level ups, 12000 coins for each locked hero which is super ****.
            Earning vanity items for locked out heroes...

I'm up for teaming up on ps4 if people want to play.
            Last edited by Tobal; 05-02-2019, 20:34.

Comment

Got a win today and has to be said I’m finding most times I’ve come second it’s been against a full squad, having those number at the end stage are important. Have put about 11 hours in, I have just over 50% of the free currency, where I’m able to unlock a new character. Worth mentioning if you already subscribe to EA Access (Xbox/PC) they gave you 1000 Apex Coins to start, also you get a 10% discount on the coin packs.

Totally loving this though, feels very high quality for a F2P game and I’m finding myself already addicted to it.

Comment

I've won a few matches, or more specifically the team I'm on has won a few.

Had a strange thing happen to me in it earlier. The spectator camera was laggy as anything and in game wasn't much better so i stopped for some dinner. I came back to find my controller disconnected and I'm on the home screen of my Xbox so I switched the controller back on and hit B to go back to the last played game...

What I got was the main front screen where you hit A to sign in but underneath at the bottom of the screen it also had an icon to click the R stick for datacenters. So I did, and it seems I had somehow been on servers in Iowa US? Whole stack of the for the US and one for UK in London where I was getting 35 ping.

I went back in game and it was playing great again... Funny thing is I tried to repeat the steps to get the data center option back and for the life of me I can't find it or replicate it. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                  I've won a few matches, or more specifically the team I'm on has won a few.

Had a strange thing happen to me in it earlier. The spectator camera was laggy as anything and in game wasn't much better so i stopped for some dinner. I came back to find my controller disconnected and I'm on the home screen of my Xbox so I switched the controller back on and hit B to go back to the last played game...

What I got was the main front screen where you hit A to sign in but underneath at the bottom of the screen it also had an icon to click the R stick for datacenters. So I did, and it seems I had somehow been on servers in Iowa US? Whole stack of the for the US and one for UK in London where I was getting 35 ping.

I went back in game and it was playing great again... Funny thing is I tried to repeat the steps to get the data center option back and for the life of me I can't find it or replicate it. Go figure.

I just managed to replicate it first time...

But I can’t do it again. Gotta go through a few steps to narrow it down

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    I just managed to replicate it first time...

But I can’t do it again. Gotta go through a few steps to narrow it down
                    Great if you work it out let me know as it seems as though there might be a bug with it switching servers but I can't verify it without eyeballing what datacenter is set. Titanfall always used to have this option but it looks like they've hidden it away here either by choice or by accident.

Comment

Basically if you turn off you Xbox when you are fully signed into the game (on character/party screen) when you turn back on again you can resume the game with an error message and the data centre option

Comment

I’ve only played 1 game of this but can’t say I particularly like this style of game.

Lands into the level.
                        Gets shot at instantly.
                        Hides.
                        Finds team mates have taken all the weapons.
                        Great.
                        Enemy try’s to invade my hidey room.
                        I have to punch them until they almost die and they run off.
                        I run away and heal myself.
                        Spends 10 mins looking for weapons.
                        Finds weapon.
                        Spends 10mins looking for others.
                        Highly tooled up squad finds and slaughters me.
                        Game puts me in spectator mode.

Great.

Turns game off.

Comment

Like most games their is a level of skill involved that comes with time, getting to know the maps, getting a feel for what weapons work and how to tool yourself up properly are not gonna happen on your first drop.

Comment

I do find weapons are really hard to find unless you luck out and land in a high loot zone (which I assume is randomly placed), weaponless deaths have happened way more on this than any other BR game I've played.

Hopefully they sort it out in a patch soon.

Comment

I’d rather start off with a set weapon set than running around trying to rng a flipping weapon. Ridiculous way of doing it.

edit by charlesr for testing: http://test.skimlinks.com
                              Last edited by charlesr; 08-02-2019, 22:21.

Comment

I've been enjoying this game so far, I've played a lot of Fortnite and enjoyed that but not Call of Duty Blackout as I found that BR mode too slow and boring personally, In recent weeks I've been playing less and less of Fortnite because I've pretty much burnt it out now but Apex Legends feels fresh and lots of fun.

I really liked Titanfall 1+2 and perhaps didn't play them as much as I should have, the art style, graphics and sounds in Apex Legends are all great and for me it has enough uniqueness and gameplay features that make it stand out from the other BR games in a good way.

First impression's of it however were that it was a bit slow and clunky, it definitely took quite a while to get used to weapons and setups which involved dying quite a bit to learn, especially on those always frustrating drops where you can only find a rubbish pistol or something and get ruined right away, once you get over those initial frustrations and learn how the game plays and what works best for you it definitely improves and the game becomes way more tolerable and fun to play (albeit you will still have those terrible landings with rubbish loot much like other BR games)

Here are a few clips from me..

In this first clip I'd just been involved in two fire fights, killed the two squads with my team but I was left very low on health and had to heal up, as soon as I'd finished healing the last but one circle was upon me moving fast and ticking my health rapidly away, with some quick thinking I manage to get out, clutch up and kill the last 3 man squad for the win!

This second clip is just a nice kill feed, after which I went on to respawn my fallen teammate with the final remaining respawn point and our squad then managed to go on and get the win

XboxClips.com - Easily watch and share your favourite Xbox clips and screenshots. XboxClips allows you to watch the top game DVR clips from the latest and greatest xbox games.

Comment

Working...
                                X