Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if i set it to dim won't that affect how well the camera can track it in VR?

Comment

If you're using VR, you won't be able to see it reflecting?

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
        if i set it to dim won't that affect how well the camera can track it in VR?
        Yeah, probably. I don't have a VR headset so I'm not sure. Just turn the brightness on it back up when you want to use the headset. Presumably you won't be able to see your TV then anyway.

Comment

I believe in vr mode it automatically turns it back to max

Comment

It should do this automatically! There's literally no reason for there to be a light on it except when it's being tracked. It might look cool... to someone else watching you play from the other side of the room!

Comment

It is used by a few games, changing colour by scene or to show your health etc, and it’s also the indicator of which player is which in multiplayer for all local multi games. So there are some other uses for it - it’s just poorly thought out.

Comment

If you don't use the DS4 for VR or anything needing the light, get some black electrical tape and cover the light. If you are artistic enough you can make the tape blend in pretty well with the DS4 and never know.

Comment

Yeah, would agree it's annoying at times but it's easily covered. There's folks doing custom designed ones over on eBay too - my ex used to complain about me using her controller, so we ended up with this as a solution

Comment

^^ MODS! HE’S BYPASSING THE SWEAR FILTER!!!!

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                    Why the hell can't you disable the light on the PS4 controller? I'm trying to play Resi 2 in the dark, and the sodding thing is illuminating half the room, or else casting a giant glaring reflection on the tv screen. Wow, how's that for immersion. What in god's name were they thinking.
                    Stop using a CRT, then.
                    Last edited by randombs; 29-01-2019, 22:38.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      My wrist. Despite no obvious bashes to it (think I might've slept on it one night at a push), it's been hurting plenty and I've had it strapped up for weeks. Also: so many comments about my prolific wanking habits.
                      At least you can navigate the internet with your other hand efficiently.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                        My wrist. Despite no obvious bashes to it (think I might've slept on it one night at a push), it's been hurting plenty and I've had it strapped up for weeks. Also: so many comments about my prolific wanking habits.
                        The NHK guy buzzed our place last night while I was perusing the Hub before my shower. 9:30pm. I told him I don't have a TV and he left. Took me a while to get going after that.

Comment

Driving uphill long enough in snow and ice in a car that you discover is not suited to it, long enough for the car to fill with the burning smell of clutch.

Same weather tomorrow - not chancing it

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            The NHK guy buzzed our place last night while I was perusing the Hub before my shower. 9:30pm. I told him I don't have a TV and he left. Took me a while to get going after that.
                            I think "perusing the hub" is subtle enough a euphemism that you could actually get away with it in polite conversation without people even twigging. You filthy animal.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                              Thank you for the timestamp. I shall be sure to message you around that time each evening.

Comment

I'm a little worried about the kind of Pavlovian reaction you're aiming for here.

Comment

Working...
                                X