No announcement yet.

Fallout 76 - Bethesda's new car crash of an online game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't even started it up yet, I know for the most part PvP only activates if both players attack so there's supposed to be little player interaction going on

Comment

Will probably give it a pass. I'm not bigon or good at PvP

Comment

Originally posted by HailMary View Post
        Is this really that bad? I think I heard that other players regardless of level can kill you and take your stuff? Shame as I wanted to try it.
        Imagine the worst fast food burger you've ever had, now add extra grease and maggots and you're about there.

The PvP isn't really an issue as it's been watered down so much you're unlikely to meet many players wanting to engage it in, or in fact, playing the game. PvP is the least of the game's problems though - yes, everything you've heard about this one is true, so unless you really must explore the map (which is the only aspect I think is okay) I'd avoid it. There were plenty of far far far better games released in 2018 to play.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          Imagine the worst fast food burger you've ever had, now add extra grease and maggots and you're about there.

The PvP isn't really an issue as it's been watered down so much you're unlikely to meet many players wanting to engage it in, or in fact, playing the game. PvP is the least of the game's problems though - yes, everything you've heard about this one is true, so unless you really must explore the map (which is the only aspect I think is okay) I'd avoid it. There were plenty of far far far better games released in 2018 to play.
          Fair cop. Might check it out when it drops to like £3 at CeX though haha

Comment

I saw a random Fallout Boy stand thing in the open, thought I would bash it with my weapon for a laugh and it flagged me for PvP 'cause apparently it was owned by another player. Carried on playing like normal, until I was resting in a bed to top up my HP and some dude in power armor came up and 1 shotted me.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              I saw a random Fallout Boy stand thing in the open, thought I would bash it with my weapon for a laugh and it flagged me for PvP 'cause apparently it was owned by another player. Carried on playing like normal, until I was resting in a bed to top up my HP and some dude in power armor came up and 1 shotted me.
              Wow. That guy must have been pissed! Tracked you down and killed you.

Comment

That sounds quite funny to be fair, but I'd be a bit pissed off if it was me who got.one shotted haha

Comment

I started this up last night but only got as far as the first camp. Maybe I'm missing something but though quests do pop up is this really pretty much just a case of exploring the map? There broadly seems to be little else to it?

Comment

That's pretty much it, yep. Explore the map, pick up random scrap, build a base with it so you can go out and explore more map and pick up more random scrap so you can base build, so you can go out and explore more map ... well you get the idea.

Comment

By that token I doubt I'll eve play it for that long, especially as it's sooooo similar to Fallout 4 in so many ways but for how little I paid I should get my money's worth.

Comment

It's Fallout 4 without the good bits.

Comment

I'm going to aim to get a fairly typical 8-10hrs out of it, for what I paid that'd be fairly reasonable. Anything extra would be a bonus but given how much else there is to play too - aim low

Comment

Fallout 76 - the game that keeps on giving, so long as you didn't buy it.

In their latest cock-up, Bethesda pushes a patch that introduces old bugs back into the game: https://gamerant.com/fallout-76-patch-old-bugs/

Still don't buy this game.

Comment

Fallout 76 - the game that keeps on giving, so long as you don't dedicate 900 hours to playing it ...

Comment

Yeah, I saw a comment somewhere that they have banned the only person who seemed to enjoy playing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X