Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apex Legends - f2p Battle Royale out now (Xbox One, PS4 & PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t talk to me about Orgin and EA accounts, I have two accounts split between the exact same gmail/googlemail email address. A separate hotmail account was then integrated into the googlemail which had my PS3/360 accounts tied to it, those are now locked to that account because you can’t revoke access from those consoles/console accounts.

Comment

Could we move this thread into first play now?

Had a good few runs back to to back of winning, going with pistol+mid range AR as i find unless you have the gold sniper rifle it's too easy for enemies to find cover and get health/shield back up in seconds and i'm finding the pistols extreme speed on ADS is to quick for most players. Mostly using the medic, and when she's not up either bloodhound or the Robot.

Also had a go at using ps4's sharefactory, vid 1 is my attempt at commentary, not much going outside final encounter which ended the match in 12minutes. Then the second video in the following match where i get to keep my champions bonus, no commentary, just starts with getting into a fight with a party that had the height advantage on all the teams, and several attempts to push them off.. which ultimately required fleeing after making sure i got our downed player back, which worked in our favour, we got the robot back in the team and his zipline gave us the height advantage on last 2 teams.

Comment

Great videos... The next thing they need to solve with this game is cross play. Bring all of the separate communities together in one place so that it can stand next to Fortnite as a true cross platform title.

I'm away this weekend so haven't played since I unlocked the two extra characters but given what they've provided so far I might even be tempted to grab the season / battle pass. Let's see where they take it.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          Great videos... The next thing they need to solve with this game is cross play. Bring all of the separate communities together in one place so that it can stand next to Fortnite as a true cross platform title.
          It's a nice feature, but I read that recent Fortnite reintroduced some of the filtering options that had previously been removed about this. It's like the Dreamcast Quake 3 all over again; a good keyboard/mouse player stomps all over a pad player in an FPS-style game, unless the game was specifically designed to consider it, and these games usually haven't.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              It's a nice feature, but I read that recent Fortnite reintroduced some of the filtering options that had previously been removed about this. It's like the Dreamcast Quake 3 all over again; a good keyboard/mouse player stomps all over a pad player in an FPS-style game, unless the game was specifically designed to consider it, and these games usually haven't.
              Well that's like Sea of Theives currently where they added cross play as mandatory without considering the divide between keyboard and mouse posters and controllers. The Devs for that are backing it out after a huge backlash and making it optional. To me they simply have to think about the balance and effect.

Comment

Well that's like Sea of Theives currently where they added cross play as mandatory without considering the divide between keyboard and mouse posters and controllers. The Devs for that are backing it out after a huge backlash and making it optional. To me they simply have to think about the balance and effect.
                Ah yeah, it's actually that I'm thinking about. I saw that news this week.

Comment

I'm away this weekend so haven't played since I unlocked the two extra characters but given what they've provided so far I might even be tempted to grab the season / battle pass. Let's see where they take it.
                  Between consoles yes. PC needs to stand alone because of m&k plus they can run at whatever FPS they want which automatically puts consoles at a huge disadvantage.

Could you imagine the immediate backlash and loss of players putting Destiny pc players against consoles?

Comment

EA and a lot of developmenrs can learn a lot from Alex. Say nothing about your game, don't show it off and just drop the game when its finished and ready.. That way noone can bitch or moan about a game and have to play it...

It's seemed to have worked wonders...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      EA and a lot of developmenrs can learn a lot from Alex. Say nothing about your game, don't show it off and just drop the game when its finished and ready.. That way noone can bitch or moan about a game and have to play it...

It's seemed to have worked wonders...
                      That might work for f2p, but sending anything else out like that is the best way to kill your game. As if any publisher is going to invest in making a game and then spend nothing on marketing.

Comment

^ 100%. One of the Respawn devs admitted that this game being EA, Lootboxes and f2p it made sense to release this way. I suspect they (EA/Respawn) had low expectations. Also paying Streamers is far cheaper than other forms of advertising and Twitch audience loves these sorts of games.

This would not work for a lot of other projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          Say nothing about your game, don't show it off and just drop the game when its finished and ready...
                          ... and drop a million on day-1 to pay Twitch streamers to play it. It was a high-risk strategy that has paid off.
                          Last edited by Asura; 11-02-2019, 09:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            ... and drop a million on day-1 to pay Twitch streamers to play it. It was a high-risk strategy that has paid off.
                            Think its the way forward. Don't show off your game and just ship it when it ready. Don't give people a chance to bitch about the game and where people have to play it, to see what it's all about

Comment

Gave it a proper evenings play last night after only having the odd game and really enjoyed it. Been finding out how to use most of the Legends and a few really stand out. Blood hound is a pretty good his tracking ability and his increased movement in his super are super handy. I really like Gibraltor though the extra shield when aiming and the dome shield make him a proper defense powerhouse. We had quite a few pretty decent fire fights and throwing up a dome for a revive worked pretty well too.

One round we where down to three teams left the circle was getting pretty small, and as we legged it into the last area we found two teams fighting down the hill from us, i chucked in Gibraltors air strike and it blanket bombed both teams killing three instantly. we nealry got all the remaining players who scattered due to our higher vantage point. This left us in a three v one stand off with the last player hiding in a shack, we moved down the hill and took him out in a pincer movement for a super satisfying finish and my first proper win.
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 12-02-2019, 09:44.

Comment

It appears Apex Legends isn't immune to issue with it's networking code - offering a laggier experience than all it's peers (although the author notes he is going to retest all of these in the coming near-future). Although for the laggier player there will be benefits.

Comment

Working...
                                X