Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the look of Link's Awakening, can't wait for that I'll be giving Tetris 99 a go later too. Ace

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      No Animal Crossing announcement, sigh
      That will be a holiday game and will get the limelight at E3. Between now and summer the release schedule seemed pretty packed especially summer. Although there does seem to be a lack of first party games you have Yoshi in March and then SMM2 in June.

Comment

There wasn't a lot wrong with the WiiU given my circumstances. I could play off-TV, and in many cases out of the house as long as I had a plug socket (Singapore had many, and so do their coaches into Malaysia). It was Switch V.1 for me and the reason why I have fewer games to play today due to all the re-releases. My Switch library is only one third the size of my WiiU set.

Comment

When you think about it the only true made-for-Switch games are Arms, 1-2-Switch, and Odyssey. Everything else is either an upgraded port, rebuild, or a sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Not even a logo. Even Metroid Prime 4 had a logo.
            Year but you have to allow Nintendo 10 years for release after logo reveal.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              When you think about it the only true made-for-Switch games are Arms, 1-2-Switch, and Odyssey. Everything else is either an upgraded port, rebuild, or a sequel.
              And even the sequels sometimes beg the question of how much of them were built off the WiiU predecessors frameworks. Honestly, I have big questions marks hanging over what Nintendo's studios are doing these days given the low output across both NS and 3DS and what they'll do once the quick ports/remake options dry up.

As for the Direct, Astral Chain looks interesting as does Daemon X Machina. Zelda... I'll play it but it's not the Zelda I'd hoped would get revived other than that the only real big reveal was Super Mario Maker 2 and I quite literally couldn't give less of a s*** about that series. Largely it's Yoshi and the FF rereleases for me until second half this year then making for a first half 2019 on Switch that see's steady releases but for me - it's a damned weak year so far.

Comment

You're right but... I think it kind of was a weak system with dodgy games. I bought the system quite late so I knew exactly what I was getting myself in for and was happy with it but it feels to me like the WiiU was a rough draft of what the Switch became. The WiiU had some really good stuff (and I'm one of those people who have no problem with them getting a rerelease on Switch) but it didn't exactly have a full library and the big chunky screen controller didn't really do a huge amount other than make clear how useful it could be if you could just walk off with it... which is what the Switch is.

You're not wrong. I bought into the WiiU when 3D World came out, and I have a lot of affection for the machine, but it always felt like kind of a prototype.

I've not really bonded with my Switch in the same way to be honest. I don't know why. It's a much better piece of hardware in every way.

Hopefully this year is the year I get more out of my Switch however - this Direct was terrific!

Absolutely love the look of Fire Emblem, Link's Awakening was a nice a surprise, and the Platinum game looks terrific too. Alongside Yoshi, that's a really solid lineup for me of new stuff that I actually want now.

Comment

Can't help but feel a bit meh about last night's Direct.

- I'd like to see/hear more about Astral Chain before getting excited about it. Still haven't got over Platinum making a dog's dinner of Starfox Zero, haha!

- Three Houses looks good, to be fair. But did anybody really doubt that it would?

- Same with Super Mario Maker 2. But Super Mario Maker showed me that I personally much prefer playing 2D Mario levels as opposed to creating them when given the choice, tbh.

- I'm sure the Awakening remake will do fantastically well sales-wise but for me, Nintendo need to snap out of this remake/remaster/re-port/recycle thing with the Switch and bring desperately needed new content. I feel like a true Awakening sequel (like how ALBW is a sequel to ALttP) would have been more exciting.

All that said, I can't believe that Tetris 99 might just make me get a Switch Online sub! If it is anywhere near as good as 10-player Tetris DS was then I am fully in because that was P4P one of the best multiplayer experiences I have ever had on Nintendo hardware.
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 14-02-2019, 09:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                    All that said, I can't believe that Tetris 99 might just make me get a Switch Online sub! If it is anywhere near as good as 10-player Tetris DS was then I am fully in because that was P4P one of the best multiplayer experiences I have ever had on Nintendo hardware.
                    Yeah, in my case it's because it's "free" with the sub, so it's a genuine reason to get one.

Comment

No Pokémon.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        No Pokémon.

Heh, that totally passed me by. You're absolutely right. Gotta assume they've saved Pokemon and Animal Crossing for E3?

Comment

We've JUST had a Pokemon game. I reckon they'll be saving any firm news on that for a while in the hopes that they don't take away from any Let's Go sales.

Comment

The updated Treasure Tracker makes it a double dipper for me, and Links Awakening looks brilliant too. It was my first Zelda so looking forward to replaying it

Comment

We've JUST had a Pokemon game. I reckon they'll be saving any firm news on that for a while in the hopes that they don't take away from any Let's Go sales.
                              A real Pokémon game. I’m hoping end of year, as the cycle dictates. Though they did the S/M reveal trailer around this time in 2016, so maybe it’s not going to be end of year. I did hear Game Freak struggled a little with making Let’s Go so I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                                The updated Treasure Tracker makes it a double dipper for me
                                A decent update for sure, although I still find it weird that they can't/won't put the 3D World levels back into it...unless they're waiting for a Switch port of 3D World to drop first...??

Comment

Working...
                                X