No announcement yet.

Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather not go on what YouTube says when so many YouTuber's review channels are dependant on click the like and subsrible button. So tell people, what they think they need to be saying, to fit with current trend and mood.

Apex is not the best example, It's a free game, with no demo and no warning. People had to play the final game Not watch YouTube or go off a demo. I would imagine, if Apex wasn't free and shown off to the press months ago. The EA Hate bandwagon sheep would be saying they're not buying it, it be loot box central, its nothing more than EA's PUBG.

These days, I just go by, if I like a look of a game, or if it good praise on this forum..
    Buy it and if I don't like it, it goes on eBay. Sorry but jokes like IGN have just made me very cynical of the reviewing press, that looks to advertisements to bring the cash in.

You Tuber's needing endless likes, aren't much better.
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 18-02-2019, 11:50.

Comment

I'm hearing from the tinterwebz that this is a bit of a mess. I've seen some videos which show very slow loading times and horrid pop ups. Some are saying it's as bad as Fallout 76. I don't believe that for a second. As much as I wasn't interested in getting this, I don't want to see bioware become another EA victim because of this...

Comment

When i played quite a bit of the Demo i felt i had my fill of it and will definitely wait. For me the flying controls felt odd but my biggest annoyance was dying and basically having to sit around doing nothing for a long time waiting for team mates....should respawn after 30 seconds or something

Comment

Yeah, there was nothing about the demo to suggest it's Fallout 76 quality stuff. It's more that it comes across as pretty repetitive and forgettable, reviews should hit soon so it's all about if that kiss of death sentence is included:

hopefully in time, with some updates and patches, it will be really good

Comment

brutal

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
              brutal

6 years?! I genuinely had no idea it was in development for that long!

Comment

It does feel like an unintentional side effect of the day one access for subscribers when it comes to controlling reviews. According to a poster on ResetEra. Although as someone else noted it does allow them to say 'hey it's not out yet, it's out in seven days and there's a patch coming'. Even though you can buy it, and spend money in the game now.

EA has sent a note to reviewers with the changes, but they've also asked in that note for reviewers to play the version with the day one patch before publishing their reviews.
                Last edited by Digfox; 20-02-2019, 21:45.

Comment

Loving the game looks bloody stunning too

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                    It does feel like an unintentional side effect of the day one access for subscribers when it comes to controlling reviews. According to a poster on ResetEra. Although as someone else noted it does allow them to say 'hey it's not out yet, it's out in seven days and there's a patch coming'. Even though you can buy it, and spend money in the game now.
                    Just been listening to gaintbomb cast on the way to and back from bit of 6-a-side and jeff got pretty angry about that BS, there's nothing on a day one patch that will solve the problems he has with it and at most it seems to be a change to this 4 tombs achievement to reduce the middle point grind, by letting you grind for it before you get there...
                    Last edited by Tobal; 20-02-2019, 22:22.

Comment

Just been listening to gaintbomb cast...
                      Absolutely, it seems Bioware just moved quickly to address an obvious criticism before it appeared in more reviews.

Comment

Another so called destiny killer born lame right out the gate. 6 years dev as well, what the hell were they doing all that time.

Comment

Just been listening to gaintbomb cast on the way to and back from bit of 6-a-side and jeff got pretty angry about that BS, there's nothing on a day one patch that will solve the problems he has with it and at most it seems to be a change to this 4 tombs achievement to reduce the middle point grind, by letting you grind for it before you get there...
                          This isn't 100% correct, the problem was part of the mission invovled opening chests but only the person who opened the chest in that open world instance would get credit for it. This would make it a race to chests even with party memebers and then even once you completed it you couldnt move on as you had to wait for the rest of your team to find 25 by reloading instances and hoping it hadnt already been looted. Now if your in a party and within 250 meters it counts. (EA access though made this not a problem on Xbox due to hardly anyone playing, most instances are empty.)

I'd completed most of the quest steps before i'd even been to the tombs to check what the challenges were by doing all the side missions first, before moving on.

It's a casual looter shooter and even though it does have some problems its coming under much more fire than it should be, which to me is because of the EA tag.

I put over 40 hours into it so far with mates and it has been great fun.

If people are looking for a destiny/division replacement this isn't it. Although at level 30 it does have some interesting stat/build combinations.
                          Last edited by djtickle; 21-02-2019, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                            This isn't 100% correct, the problem was part of the mission invovled opening chests but only the person who opened the chest in that open world instance would get credit for it.
                            Tbf SkillUp described 'that' quest pretty much exactly as Tobal quoted from Giantbomb, irrespective of whether it has issues with group play as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                              Tbf SkillUp described 'that' quest pretty much exactly as Tobal quoted from Giantbomb, irrespective of whether it has issues with group play as well.
                              GB and Skillup both metion just 1 part, I was pointing out 2. Problems if you played in a party you all had open 25 and if sombody outside of your party opened a chest it disapeared for everyone.

It's been fixed now and lots of the problems have been fixed they both mention.

Even with this patch I doubt any of them will backtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                                Even with this patch I doubt any of them will backtrack.
                                SkillUp specifically mentions the patch in his review (It doesn't address the criticisms he had with that part of the game).

Comment

Working...
                                X